saturday's gossip includes whu now up dated

An archive of Cockney Hammer's West Ham-related daily news digests from 2009-2015. For the latest daily digests, see the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Damn Yankee

Zola had Parker & Behrami take physios w/them on holiday

Post by Damn Yankee »

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sp ... R=Football" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Highlights:
That means injuries have an even bigger impact than at rival Premier League clubs but a recent overhaul of the medical department and plans to move to a new training ground are designed to cut down the injury toll.
So the Italian came up with the novel idea of packing one of his medical staff off with Parker and fellow crock Valon Behrami on their close-season holidays.
The Swiss ace, 24, said: "I have to thank West Ham for saying I could go home and someone would come to work with me.
"They are a good club and this proves it. Things are going well and I'll be back in mid-August."
Cookedskunk

Re: Zola had Parker & Behrami take physios w/them on holiday

Post by Cookedskunk »

F*cking top jolly for the physios, good work :lol: :thup:
I am Legend
Has liked: 1603 likes
Total likes: 1656 likes

Post by I am Legend »

their excuse for a big gay holiday is rather weak
Bobby Orangeboom

Post by Bobby Orangeboom »

Happens a lot i would have thought, i met Stephen Reid ( Blackburn ) here about 4 - 6 months back & he had his one with him, nice work if you can get it i suppose..
neilbob

Post by neilbob »

wonder if this will get slagged off in the same way allowing Bellamy to complete part of his rehab at Cardiff did? :lol:
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1993 likes
Total likes: 1670 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

Bobby Orangeboom wrote:Happens a lot i would have thought, i met Stephen Reid ( Blackburn ) here about 4 - 6 months back & he had his one with him, nice work if you can get it i suppose..
You live in ladyboy land and you fell for THAT old chestnut !!!!!!

:lol:

Also Lily Allen is pictured in Koh Samui with her norks out.... FYI..

Lily Allen looks indeed to be thoroughly enjoying herself on holiday in Koh Samui in Thailand.

http://bigcelebblog.blogspot.com/2007/0 ... -fine.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:P
Bobby Orangeboom

Post by Bobby Orangeboom »

'ouston 'ammer wrote:
Also Lily Allen is pictured in Koh Samui with her norks out.... FYI..

Lily Allen looks indeed to be thoroughly enjoying herself on holiday in Koh Samui in Thailand.

http://bigcelebblog.blogspot.com/2007/0 ... -fine.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:P
I haven't got a clue who she is but whoever she is, she's in Namuang Watefalls.. :thup:
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 143 likes

saturday's gossip includes whu now up dated

Post by cockney hammer »

Hammers out to bag Balotelli

Gianfranco Zola is set to raid Inter Milan for highly-rated striker Mario Balotelli.

Mirror Sport revealed in April that Zola is desperate to land the frontman (above), who yesterday scored then was sent off in Italy's match with Sweden in the European Under-21 Championship.

The Upton Park chief has now confirmed he is trying to secure a loan deal for the 18year-old, who has grown impatient as Inter boss Jose Mourinho has relied on experience.

Zola confirmed: "I have done everything I can to sign Mario and it would be in both our interests and his."

The Hammers boss also confirmed another Mirror Sport exclusive when he admitted he is trying to bag Balotelli's Inter team-mate Luis Jiminez. The deal for the Chilean striker would also be a loan move.

the sun

Boa war to stay with Hammers

LUIS BOA MORTE has pledged to stay at West Ham and win back his first-team place.

The Portugal international, 32, endured taunts from the Upton Park fans as he struggled for consistency last season and he was tipped to move on this summer.

But with one year left on his deal, Boa Morte has declared war on his critics.

He said: "I should stay and fight for my place. I still intend to play three more years away from Portugal.

"I have one more year at West Ham and then two more after that. Where I play those two years, assuming all goes well, we will see."

Boa Morte has admitted than he would seize the chance to end his career in his homeland.

He added: "I intend to finish in Portugal. I would love to play at least one year at Belenenses. I also like Setubal and Guimaraes."

daily star

Manchester City Football Club want £8milion for Felipe Caicedo.

The 20-year-old Ecuador international striker joined the Blues from Basle in January of last year, when their former manager Sven Goran Eriksson negotiated a £5.2million deal.

Caicedo has failed to establish himself in the Blues side and West Ham United are said to be interested, although the Eastlands club reportedly want as much as £8million for the player

Barcelona have switched their attentions from competing to sign Franck Ribery to preparing a £25m bid for Aston Villa winger Ashley Young.
Full story: Daily Star

The Catalan club are also getting ready to submit a £35m offer for Liverpool midfielder Javier Mascherano, which could be made up of £20m and forward Bojan Krkic.
Daily Mail

Manchester City are confident they will beat local rivals Manchester United as well as Chelsea and Liverpool to the signing of striker Carlos Tevez.
Independent

Chelsea boss Carlo Ancelotti will target £12m-rated Roma centre-back Philippe Mexes as a replacement for Inter Milan-bound Ricardo Carvalho.
The Sun

Meanwhile, the Blues have bid more than Real Madrid for Valencia striker David Villa and his club want him to move to Stamford Bridge but he prefers a switch to the Bernabeu.
Daily Star

Arsenal's signing of centre-back Thomas Vermaelen has paved the way for Manchester City to sign Kolo Toure from the Gunners for £12m.
Times

Aston Villa boss Martin O'Neill could offer £8m to prise England Under-21 centre-back David Wheater away from Championship side Middlesbrough.
Daily Star

West Ham boss Gianfranco Zola is still trying to sign Inter Milan striker Mario Balotelli on loan.
Daily Mirror

Sunderland manager Steve Bruce is trying to sign winger Jermaine Pennant, who will be available on a free transfer as his deal with Liverpool is up this summer.
The Sun

Bolton have beaten Blackburn to the signing of Pompey midfielder Sean Davis and have now set their sights on West Brom left-back Paul Robinson.
The Sun

Tottenham may be able to offload Mexican winger Giovani Dos Santos to Atletico Madrid for £4m.
The Sun

Serbia and Manchester United midfielder Zoran Tosic says Cristiano Ronaldo told his Old Trafford team-mates he was leaving before the Champions League final.
The Sun

Liverpool centre-back Jamie Carragher has urged midfielder Xabi Alonso to resist a move to Real Madrid and stay at the club. And, with midfielder Javier Mascherano and defender Alvaro Arbeloa also linked with moves, Carragher insists he is hoping no-one leaves Anfield.
Daily Mirror

West Ham midfielder Scott Parker's rehabilitation from a groin injury saw him take a club physio on holiday with him. (The Sun)
Last edited by cockney hammer on Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SamtheHammer92

Re: saturday's gossip includes whu

Post by SamtheHammer92 »

Thanks CH :thup:

Some positive sstuff there. Like the sound of the Boa Morte article. Slowly transforming into a decent player under Zola.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1993 likes
Total likes: 1670 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

Cor I thought that I was a bit old and not up to date with modern music..

Here you go you pleb !!

http://www.lilyallenmusic.com/lily/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Don't you EVER read the music forum ??

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lily_allen" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

No ****ing help for you son....

:lol: :lol:
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

the filth rival West Ham for Inter Milan starlet Balotelli

Tottenham are being linked with Inter Milan striker Mario Balotelli.

The Times says Spurs are considering a move for Balotelli, 18, the Italy U21 striker, after West Ham failed to agree a fee for the player.

West Ham get serious about Man City striker Caicedo

West Ham United are battling Sporting Lisbon for Manchester City striker Felipe Caicedo.

The 20-year-old Ecuadorian is set to quit Manchester City. Hammers are lining up an offer but Sporting CP have also expressed an interest in the £8million-rated player - so City can auction him off to the highest bidder.

Agent Stephan Braendli said: "Sporting is an option."

Inter Milan's Mancini keeps West Ham guessing

West Ham United boss Gianfranco Zola has received a setback in his pursuit of Inter Milan forward Mancini.

The Brazilian has had his head turned by last-minute offers from rival European clubs offering Champions League football, says The Sun.

Hammers chief executive Scott Duxbury even flew to Italy to oversee that deal and one for Inter midfielder Luis Jimenez early this week.

He came away convinced the pair would sign.

There are only minor details in the Jimenez deal to sort out but Duxbury will not know until next week whether Mancini will be joining him at Upton Park.
OsloHammer

Post by OsloHammer »

Feck me, another Inter player on loan, we should change our name to Interham Utd.

I fang yew

Exeunt stage omnes
Happyhammer93
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by Happyhammer93 »

Thanks CH. :thup:
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 855 likes
Total likes: 2017 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

I'd be a touch surprised if we paid £8M for Caicedo. City are the type of club to spend that kind of money on a player like that... Oh wait...
Memorial Ground

Post by Memorial Ground »

I still haven't read anything to suggest we're still after Balotelli.
westhamjim

Post by westhamjim »

Caicedo's an interesting one, looking at all the runours and trying to read between the lines all of the information seems to be from man city's end or the players agent. Nothing about zola / duxbury ect so looks like a blatant attempt by city to market a player they obviously don't want and in the process inflate his transfer fee. I honestly can't see us being interested.

It's being reported by the bbc that man city have agreed a fee with blackburn for santa cruz and that man utd have announced that tevez has turned down a 5 year contract with them and won't be returning to old trafford.

Man city are still favorites to sign tevez therefore their strikers would be
Tevez (Hughes)
Santa Cruz (Hughes)
Bellamy (Hughes)
Jo
Caicedo
Benjani
Bojinov
Sturridge

The players signed by mark hughes will obviously stay with possibly 3 of the other 5 going, can't see anyone buying Jo unless city are willing to take a huge hit on his transfer. This also explains why sturridge see's his future elsewhere and why caicedo is being marketed.
Marc the Hammer

Post by Marc the Hammer »

Spurs are like ****ing kids they see something someone else wants and they want it.
Johnny Pa(i)ntsil

Post by Johnny Pa(i)ntsil »

Marc the Hammer wrote:Sp*rs are like f***ing kids they see something someone else wants and they want it.
If there is a player, any player, Harry wants to sign him. And wants to tell someone about it.
m-h

Post by m-h »

Marc the Hammer wrote:Sp*rs are like f***ing kids they see something someone else wants and they want it.
the arry summer wind ups start.

arry: i was asked a question whether i thought he was a good player, i answered yes. Then i was asked if i would like im in me team, i replied yes, he would fit in well with the other quality players we have. Then asked if he was available for 80 million, would you be interested, i replied of course thats a bargain. Next thing you know i'm mis quoted all over the back pages as aving put a bid in.

Oh well i'm orf to mouthsport now as me mate daniel says there's no more oxfords available. We'll be in the top four next year and ave chumpions league footy.

Love arry.

Prefer half a daily meself !.
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

Carlo Ancelotti wants Philippe Mexes to replace Ricardo Carvalho and Barcelona are ready to bid £25million for Aston Villa's Ashley Young.

THE SUN

Jamie Carragher hopes Liverpool's financial woes does not force boss Rafa Benitez to dismantle his squad.

Steve Bruce is hoping to make Jermaine Pennant his first signing at Sunderland.

Atletico Madrid are eyeing up a £4million swoop for Spurs flop Giovani Dos Santos.

Chelsea have told UEFA they will appeal against the bans of Didier Drogba and Jose Bosingwa.

Carlo Ancelotti has put Philippe Mexes on top of his Chelsea hitlist to replace Ricardo Carvalho.

Newcastle are set to put coach Chris Hughton in charge of pre-season.

Serbian star Zoran Tosic admitted Cristiano Ronaldo told his Manchester United pals he was leaving before the Champions League final.

Scott Parker took his West Ham physio on holiday with him this summer.

DAILY MAIL

Javier Mascherano is set to leave Liverpool, with Barcelona preparing a £35million bid.

Manchester United have been linked with a move for Real Madrid goalkeeper Iker Casillas.

Thomas Vermaelen claimed he will be challenging for the biggest trophies in the game after completing his 10million move to Arsenal last night.

Wolves are lining up a bid for Reading striker Kevin Doyle.

Seville president Jose Maria del Nido says he is struggling to match Tottenham's £6million valuation for midfielder Didier Zokora.

A charity match in honour of Sir Bobby Robson is under threat because of the apathy surrounding Newcastle United.

DAILY EXPRESS

Arsenal were warned last night that Bordeaux striker Marounae Chamakh will not come cheap.

Roque Santa Cruz is set to jet back from his holiday this weekend to complete an £18million move to Manchester City.

Zoran Tosic might receive some hairdryer treatment from manager Alex Ferguson after becoming the first Manchester United player to admit Cristiano Ronaldo was always on his way out.

DAILY STAR

Barcelona are ready to launch a £25million bid for Aston Villa winger Ashley Young.

Valencia want David Villa to sign for Chelsea as Roman Abramovich has made the biggest offer for the striker thus far.

Theo Walcott believes England's Under-21 success can spur him on to World Cup glory next year.

Aston Villa are ready to harden their interest in Middlesbrough centre-half David Wheater.

DAILY STAR: Barcelona are ready to launch a £25million bid for Aston Villa winger Ashley Young. Also: Valencia want David Villa to sign for Chelsea because Roman Abramovich has made the biggest offer for the star striker... Controversial F1 chief Max Mosley yesterday vowed there will be only one racing series next summer.

DAILY MAIL: English football spiralled into the first stages of a financial crisis last night as Setanta's rescue bid ran out of time.

Barca to bid for Ash - Various

Barcelona are ready to launch a £25m bid for Aston Villa winger Ashley Young. Would Villa accept a big-money offer for the wing wizard?

Carlo Mex his move - The Sun

Chelsea's new manager Carlo Ancelotti has put Philippe Mexes on the top of his Chelsea hit-list to replace Ricardo Carvalho. Would Roma cash in on the France international defender?

Valencia keen on Blues' offer - Daily Star

Valencia want David Villa to sign for Premier League giants Chelsea as owner Roman Abramovich has made the biggest offer. Will Villa eventually end up in England's top flight?

Barca to bid for Masch - Daily Mail

Javier Mascherano is set to leave Liverpool with Barcelona preparing a £35million bid. Would Liverpool be tempted to cash in on the Argentinian ace?

Valencia keen on Blues' offer - Daily Mirror

Tottenham striker Roman Pavlyuchenko has ordered his agent to find him a new club. Would Spurs be better off with the Russia international marksman?

Bruce to move for Pennant - The Sun

Sunderland's new boss Steve Bruce is trying to make Jermaine Pennant his first signing - and he can land the winger on a free transfer. Would Pennant be a success for The Black Cats?

Bhoys join striker hunt - Daily Record

Celtic has joined the chase for in-demand striker Marc-Antoine Fortune, who spent some of last season on loan with West Brom. Would the Nancy striker be a good signing for The Bhoys?

O'Neill to firm up Wheater interest - Daily Star

Martin O'Neill is ready to step up his persuit of defender David Wheater after Middlesbrough rejected the idea of involving Marlon Harewood in the deal. Would Wheater be a good signing for Aston Villa?

Atletico to bid for Spurs flop - The Sun

Atletico Madrid are eyeing up a £4million swoop for Spurs flop Giovani Dos Santos. Should the Mexican give himself more time to adapt to English football?

Zola out to bag Balotelli - Daily Mirror

Gianfranco Zola is set to raid Inter Milan for highly-rated striker Mario Balotelli. Would the 18-year-old be a good signing for The Hammers?

Carlos Tevez to leave Manchester United after rejecting five-year deal

Manchester United have confirmed that Carlos Tevez is to leave Old Trafford, leaving the way open for Manchester City to attempt to take the striker to Eastlands.

The United chief executive David Gill had been in discussions with Tevez's advisor Kia Joorabchian, with the aim of keeping the popular Argentina player. But, despite the offer of a lucrative five-year contract that would have made Tevez one of the highest paid players at the club, the South American has decided to leave.

"Following contact received from Carlos Tevez's advisers last night, in advance of the deadline the club set for concluding negotiations, Manchester United announces that Carlos will not be signing a new contract with the club," said a statement released by United this morning. "The club agreed to pay the option price of £25.5m and offered Carlos a five-year contract which would have made him one of its highest-paid players.

"Disappointingly, however, his advisers informed the club that, despite the success he has enjoyed during one of the club's most successful periods, he does not wish to continue playing for Manchester United. The club would like to thank Carlos for his services over the last two seasons and wishes him good luck for the future."

Manchester City, Liverpool and Chelsea have all been linked with the striker, with City thought to be at the front of the queue. As the Eastlands club are on the verge of confirming Roque Santa Cruz's £16.5m arrival from Blackburn, it would represent a major statement of intent for a club also hoping to tie up the signing of the Barcelona striker Samuel Eto'o.

The news will be greeted with dismay by United fans, who have warmed to Tevez's all-action style during a two-year "loan" spell that has included successive Premier League titles and the Champions League in 2008. They had hoped some of the £80m about to be pocketed from Real Madrid for the sale of Cristiano Ronaldo would be used to keep Tevez.

However, after declaring earlier this season he was deeply unhappy at a perceived lack of match action – even though he made more appearances than either Wayne Rooney or Dimitar Berbatov, it was always likely the South American would move on.

It leaves Sir Alex Ferguson with a major rebuilding job to do in attack given he is still to secure a replacement for Ronaldo. The youngsters Federico Macheda and Danny Welbeck impressed last term and may be expected to have more involvement as United chase an unprecedented fourth successive title.

But Ferguson needs experience as well to compliment Rooney and Berbatov, who endured a patchy debut season at Old Trafford following his club-record £30.75m arrival from Tottenham.

Karim Benzema and Franck Ribéry have both been spoken of as potential targets, although there is no guarantee either will come. And while Antonio Valencia's £18m arrival from Wigan should eventually go through, his lack of goalscoring prowess is a worry.

With Ryan Giggs, Paul Scholes, Gary Neville and Edwin van der Sar about to embark on what many think will be their final seasons in top-flight football and memories of a comprehensive Champions League final defeat to Barcelona last month still fresh, Ferguson clearly has some unwanted headaches seven weeks ahead of the opening Premier League game against Birmingham.

what i would give to have a mega rich owner

come home son :thup:

Football transfer rumours: Lucas Neill to Chelsea?

Lucas Neill

This time last year Emmanuel Adebayor had just completed his third season at Arsenal, in which he had scored exactly as many league goals as Thierry Henry had scored in his third season at the club. Ergo, Adebayor demanded to be paid exactly what Henry had been on. Incredibly, following his fourth campaign with the Gunners, in which he fired in 14 fewer league goals than the Frenchman scored in his fourth season, today's papers carry not a single story about the Togolese stomping righteously into Arsène Wenger's office to demand a swingeing pay cut.

In fairness, maybe Adebayor did approach Wenger but recoiled at the last minute when he spotted his manager beating the walls in frustration while howling "CURSES, CURSES …. A THOUSAND CURSES ON THE CURS … WELL MAYBE NINE HUNDRED CURSES, LET'S BE SENSIBLE … ANYWAY, CURSES ON THE CURS … I've broken the club's transfer record twice in the last year and still that ungrateful rabble accuse me of penny-pinching." Between curses, of course, Wenger will complete the signing of Thomas Vermaelen from Ajax and then head to France to drop Emmanuel Eboué off at Paris Saint-Germain before picking up striker Marouane Chamakh from Bordeaux. That's bad news for Roy Hodgson, who was rather hoping the Moroccan would head back to London with him. Fulham will now start stalking Wolfsburg's Edin Dzeko instead. But Milan quite fancy him too.

Elsewhere in London, Chelsea, reeling from the improvement in Glen Johnson over the last year, are about to get all Tottenham on us and attempt to buy the full-back for much more than they sold him for only a few months ago. If that bold bid goes through, it's bad news for Liverpool. If it doesn't, the fact* that Jose Bosingwa is off to Bayern Munich will force Carlo Ancelotti either to resurrect Paulo Ferreira, go a-trawling through Serie A or vindicate the seemingly preposterous rumour about Chelsea snapping up the reasonably multi-functional, highly cash-conscious defender Lucas Neill.

Tottenham want to pass the hex that is Gareth Bale on to Sunderland, and replace him with West Ham's Herita Ilunga. Sunderland also want to take David Bentley off Spurs's hands, but so do Aston Villa, Wolves and Everton. A bidding war could break out, then, but rest assured Spurs will probably still find a way to make at least a 50% loss on the player they bought a year ago.

Everton are also eyeing up Marseille captain Lorik Cana, a holding midfielder whose shooting prowess in on a par with Phil Neville's. And in a bid to prevent a repeat of last season, when Everton began the campaign with six and a half players, David Moyes is also pursuing Celtic's Scott Brown, Lyon's Sidney Govou and the Newcastle player claiming to be Damien Duff.