saturday's news 19th november includes west ham

An archive of Cockney Hammer's West Ham-related daily news digests from 2009-2015. For the latest daily digests, see the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

cockney hammer
Resident badge expert
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 143 likes

saturday's news 19th november includes west ham

Post by cockney hammer »

the sun

Karren Brady’s football diary

FAR be it for Lord Coe to suggest England place Russian-style "sleepers" in UEFA and FIFA.

But doesn't his advice after London won the right to host the World Athletics Championships mean that?

His superb record as a super-schmoozer on and off the track surely earns him the right to be heard.

Coe has discovered that to be successful in winning these contests is a long-term campaign of quietly making friends among those who one day will be the decision makers. This requires patience, cunning, salesmanship and, most of all, who you know and can trust.

The FA is to blame for the lack of credible candidates. To give you some idea of the reason, I was at one Premier League meeting when it was suggested the last man standing at the end of a game of stand-up bingo would be forced to serve on the FA Council. So now I hope you have a better idea of why the 2018 World Cup went to Russia.

SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 13

NO sign yet of the wandering Argy Carlos Tevez.

I'm close to feeling sorry for Manchester City who do not seem to have done much wrong except swank to United after grabbing him at vast expense.

He is Fergie's Revenge — but what to do about him? Just as peace was about to break out after the subs' bench rumpus, off he flies back to Buenos Aires.

Perhaps City manager Roberto Mancini had asked him to warm up!

I've heard about some troublesome players in my time, even known a few.

But in comparison to Tevez, Welsh firebrand Craig Bellamy is St Jerome.

MONDAY, NOVEMBER 14

FOOTBALLERS' haircuts really fascinate me. I make Arsenal midfielder Alex Song the fashion leader in the hairstyle business, way ahead of David Beckham.

Song features beads, assorted colouring and partings that remind me of the tracks on Forestry Commission land. Never before to my knowledge, though, has the threat of a haircut been used to stop a transfer.

That was until Santos president Alvaro Ribiero warned brilliant Brazilian Neymar that a move to Real Madrid would endanger his fauxhawk (whatever that is).

Ribiero says he worked on Neymar's fear that Jose Mourinho would order a neat trim and persuaded him to add another couple of years to his contract. Where was Ribiero when Samson needed him?

TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 15

IT'S the Irish in me that has me sipping a drop of Jamieson's to celebrate the Republic reaching Euro 2012.

They won't be going to Poland and Ukraine to get kicked around, either.

I don't quite see them winning as their coach, Giovanni Trapattoni, does by linking the Irish chances to that of outsiders Greece when they won in 2004. But I think there's every possibility of them doing as well or better than England.

Meanwhile, Fabio Capello has decided if his legacy to England cannot be a trophy it will be a new crop of young stars. Praiseworthy — but not worth £6m a year.

WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 16

REFFING Sunday League matches is my idea of hell.

At a dinner in Scotland, a famous ref tells me of his experience. He had handed yellow cards to about nine players and two reds as well.

A little chap in a cloth cap goes up to him after the match and says: "I thought you did the job of two men out there today."

The ref blushed and thanked the man, who then added: "Yes.

"And their names are Laurel and Hardy."

Another time, in a league match, he was handed a piece of paper with the name of a substitute coming on to the field — but there was no identification of the man coming off.

"You choose," came the reply from the manager of the team.

"Any of the 11 will do, they are all crap."

THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 17

THERE is about as much chance of Sepp Blatter resigning as there is of him walking on Lake Geneva.

Still, players' union leader Gordon Taylor is absolutely right to demand it. For the FIFA president to suggest racial insults during a match should be settled by a handshake is breathtaking, a brush-it-under-the-carpet attitude he attempted to employ over corruption in his committee.

So kick racism and Blatter out of football.

Why not? What I find almost as bewildering as Blatter's blundering is that any international player here, coming from a multi-racial dressing room, even thinks about using the colour of a man's skin as an insult. Football has done a lot to stamp out racism. At no point should it be allowed to rear its ugly head.

FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 18

OUR boss Sam Allardyce has decided to let young striker Robert Hall return to League Two side Oxford United for another loan spell.

Previously this season, the highly-promising 18-year-old scored six goals in 10 games with Chris Wilder's side and, when West Ham called him back, the Oxford chairman Kelvin Thomas wrote to us to say thanks for letting them have such a talented player.

It was the kind of letter that made us sure he would be well looked after and so, when the chance came for him to return, we quickly said 'yes'.

It only goes to show what good manners can do.

All in contrast to another club — who shall remain nameless — who asked us to pay a week's wages (only £100) because they couldn't play our man in a cup game!

the sun

West Ham target Leeds defender Andy O’Brien

WEST HAM want Leeds' Andy O'Brien after missing out on a loan deal for Arsenal defender Sebastien Squillaci.

Irishman O'Brien, 32, is struggling to hold down a regular place at Elland Road.

The Hammers need cover for centre-half Winston Reid, who has a dislocated shoulder.

The Squillaci deal fell through with the Gunners anxious to off-load him permanently in January.

thge mail

Turning down Hammers: Francisco Pavon short of fitness

Ex-Madrid defender Pavon turns down short-term deal at West Ham

Former Real Madrid defender Francisco Pavon has rejected an offer from West Ham.

The 31-year-old centre back has been training with Sam Allardyce's squad as they look to find a solution to their defensive crisis.

The Spaniard impressed, but lack of game time meant West Ham were reluctant to offer him more than a deal up to January.

Pavon is a free agent after leaving French club Arles-Avignon in the summer.

Allardyce said: 'Ability-wise, Franco would certainly be capable but physically, because he hasn't had a club for a while, that fitness is way down.'

forever west ham

Is he ready for a starting place?

Cristian Montano is one of the hottest prospects seendown at the Boleyn in recent times. The young forward has been impressing everyone with successful loan spells and youth development squad performances.

Montano’s loan at Notts County showed everyone what he can do, where he netted an impressive 4 goals in 11 appearances for the League One side. Having also completed a shaky loan spell at Paulo Di Canio’s Swindon Town scoring 1 in 4, Montano looks like he could be a future star for the Irons.

Taking into account the youngsters recent form should he be rewarded with a place in the West Ham first team? I personally believe that Montano has proved himself to be a worthy member of the squad in recent months and he certainly does deserve a place either in the team or on the bench for at least a match to be given the chance to prove himself in Allardyce’s side.

Some might say that we are currently lacking in the sort of play that Montano would bring to the side and Big Sam personally said he is a player that we could use right now in our fight for promotion. Having been following his activity it is clear to see that he is a player of skill and speed, which we are slightly lacking in the West Ham side at the moment. Furthermore I think as Montano is such a talent, even if it is raw, it would be wise to start including him in the squad for first team matches as we can’t wait forever to start playing him.

When a manager has a young, promising player like Montano in the ranks I believe that that player at some point has to be played while he is young. It will give Big Sam a clearer indication on the type of player Montano could be in the future. And after all if chances hadn’t been made by different managers with other young players who knows what world class players wouldn’t even be playing now?

official site

big sam on sky blues

http://www.whufc.com/articles/20111117/ ... 84_2518873" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

official site

guy glee at coventry chance

http://www.whufc.com/articles/20111118/ ... 84_2519686" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has ruled out signing Gunners legend Thierry Henry on loan. The 34-year-old striker is back training with Arsenal to maintain his fitness levels after a season in Major League Soccer with New York Red Bulls.
the Sun

AC Milan are set to go head to head with city rivals Inter for the signature of Manchester City striker Carlos Tevez.
Daily Mail

Hamburg are eyeing a move for Manchester United midfielder Paul Pogba and are ready to make a move should the Frenchman fail to agree a new deal at Old Trafford.

talkSPORT

QPR manager Neil Warnock is believed to be lining up a £3m bid for West Ham defender James Tomkins.
Daily Star

Meanwhile, former Real Madrid defender Francisco Pavon has turned down a short-term deal with the Hammers.
Daily Mail

Tottenham winger Gareth Bale is flattered by the transfer interest from Spanish giants Barcelona, but assistant coach Joe Jordan says the club will not be "bullied" into selling players.
Daily Mirror

Manager Roberto Mancini has played down the chances of Manchester City signing Roma midfielder Daniele De Rossi.
talkSPORT

Meanwhile, Championship side Barnsley are believed to be interested in signing City's Israel international midfielder Gai Assulin before next Thursday's loan deadline.
Daily Star

Stoke have been linked with a January transfer move for FC Twente's powerful striker Marc Janko.
Inside Futbol

QPR owner Tony Fernandes has asked QPR's fans to give him suggestions on Twitter about just who his club should sign in the January transfer window.
Daily Express

Former England captain David Beckham, 36, is refusing to give up his dream of playing for England again despite being ruled out of Euro 2012 by boss Fabio Capello.
the Sun

John Terry and Luis Suarez will wear anti-racism T-shirts before Sunday's Premier League game between Chelsea and Liverpool at Stamford Bridge. It is the final fixture of Kick It Out's 'weeks of action' to raise awareness. Chesea captain Terry has been accused of racially abusing QPR defender Anton Ferdinand while Liverpool striker Luis Suarez has been charged by the FA with racially abusing Manchester United defender Patrice Evra at Anfield last month.
the Sun

Former Liverpool striker Robbie Fowler is the shock name among the contenders to replace Nigel Worthington as Northern Ireland manager.
Daily Mail

Striker Fernando Torres has hinted that executives at Liverpool forced him out of the club when he moved to Chelsea for £50m in January.
Metro

Former Chelsea captain Dennis Wise is believed to have rejoined the board of Chelsea Pitch Owners, which owns Stamford Bridge.
the Sun

QPR manager Neil Warnock says he will personally drive Adel Taarabt to France if Paris Saint-Germain offer £20m for the forward.
Daily Mirror

The company run by Portsmouth owner Vladimir Antonov has insisted the club will not be affected after a Lithuanian bank, of which Antonov is a majority shareholder, was placed in temporary administration.
the Guardian

Current Bundesliga leaders Bayern Munich coach Josef Heynckes has hinted that sporting director Christian Nerlinger will be offered an extension to his current deal at the club in the next few days.
Bild (in German)

Under-fire Blackburn manager Steve Kean says any talk of him signing a new deal at Ewood Park while his side are in the bottom three is ridiculous.
the Sun

Aston Villa manager Alex McLeish has warned midfielder Barry Bannan that he needs to change his lifestyle if he wants to be a permanent fixture at Villa Park.
Daily Mail

A short video clip of Fabio Capello's awful attempt at a keepy-uppy in England training during the week has been posted online.
Metro

Former Elgin City midfielder Adam Moffat is set for the biggest game of his life, playing against former England captain David Beckham when his Houston Dynamo side take on LA Galaxy in the MLS Cup final.
Daily Telegraph

A clip from an AC Milan training this week seems to suggest that former Manchester City star Robinho is already passing on his wisdom to his young son Robson Junior - who manages to outshine his dad with a series of Samba-style stepovers.
Metro

babe oid the day

http://static.nuts.co.uk/images/gallery ... .uk_18.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
'stone hammer
Has liked: 784 likes
Total likes: 543 likes

Re: saturday's news 19th november includes west ham

Post by 'stone hammer »

Cheers CH! Apart from some weird nipples, cracking botd :thup:
RyanWHUFC
Total likes: 1 like

Post by RyanWHUFC »

Cheers CH

Hope that if that **** Warnock does put in a bid we don't let Tomkins go.
rciron
Has liked: 297 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by rciron »

Cheers CH :thup:
scousehammerette

Post by scousehammerette »

ta
Chicken Run Supreme
Has liked: 872 likes
Total likes: 849 likes

Post by Chicken Run Supreme »

Cheers CH as always.
rigoberts song
Has liked: 83 likes
Total likes: 342 likes

Post by rigoberts song »

Thanks Steve for helping me forget my man flu !
Galwayman
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by Galwayman »

Karen claiming to be Irish... :shock:

thanks CH....
Hammer Smith

Post by Hammer Smith »

Thanks CH
tonbridge iron

Post by tonbridge iron »

Galwayman wrote:Karen claiming to be Irish... :shock:

thanks CH....

TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 15

IT'S the Irish in me that has me sipping a drop of Jamieson's to celebrate the Republic reaching Euro 2012.

Maybe she had terry wogan round for the evening
Galwayman
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by Galwayman »

tonbridge iron wrote:

Maybe she had terry wogan round for the evening

:lol:
Kitt the car
Has liked: 13 likes
Total likes: 155 likes

Post by Kitt the car »

Cheers CH
PrawnSandwich

Post by PrawnSandwich »

Cheers mate.
Dicks' Thunderbolt

Post by Dicks' Thunderbolt »

Thanks CH, first of all Kazza Brady is talking out of her fat arse.She is about as irish as Brad pitt in Snatched. They are not going to do better than England Euro 2012 so lets not get carried away. Also since when does anyone care about her opinion on who she thinks should be picked for the team. Does she really think that BFS is sitting down at the kitchen table perusing The Sun newspaper , while tucking into his ham egg and chips. He suddenly realises his mistake of leaving Montano out of the team,whips out todays team sheet ,tipexs out Nolan's name and scribbles in MONTANO in big capital letters and underlines it . No he doesn't. As a manager with years of experience I think its safe to say we can trust his judgement on bringing in youth players. Next time BFS has a ludicrous idea about staging a football match at an athletics venue, or has a funny anecdote about some FA bigwig in a 3 way orgy with 2 hookers then Im sure he will be first on the blower to tell her. But in future Kazza please shut the f***k up . Rant over.

P.S I hope we win today , knowing our luck Montano will score and Kazza won't stop boasting about it next week. :crest:
hammer
Strangely fascinated with Bonehead's arse.

Post by hammer »

cheers cockers :thup:
karren b wrote:FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 18

OUR boss Sam Allardyce has decided to let young striker Robert Hall return to League Two side Oxford United for another loan spell.

Previously this season, the highly-promising 18-year-old scored six goals in 10 games with Chris Wilder's side and, when West Ham called him back, the Oxford chairman Kelvin Thomas wrote to us to say thanks for letting them have such a talented player.

It was the kind of letter that made us sure he would be well looked after and so, when the chance came for him to return, we quickly said 'yes'.

It only goes to show what good manners can do.

All in contrast to another club — who shall remain nameless — who asked us to pay a week's wages (only £100) because they couldn't play our man in a cup game!
swindon? Image
hammerjohn

Post by hammerjohn »

Thanks CH... top work mate :crest:
The Rebirth
It's all about the confidence

Post by The Rebirth »

Galwayman wrote:Karen claiming to be Irish... :shock:

thanks CH....
Don't know why you're suprised half the British Isles seem to be from Irish decent.
Hammer Matty
Has liked: 53 likes
Total likes: 121 likes

Post by Hammer Matty »

Cheers CH :thup:
Chippenhammer
Has liked: 22 likes
Total likes: 33 likes

Post by Chippenhammer »

:thup: Cheers CH