Tottenham seek judicial review of Newham loan

An archive of news, events and discussion leading up to and post West Ham United's historic move from Upton Park to Stratford in 2016.

Moderators: Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

JFK

Re: Tottenham seek judicial review of Newham loan

Post by JFK »

Amused to see that Spurs have had to admit in court that they told the council they had no intention of leaving.

So are they bullshitting now or back then.

From what i see this admission is them trying to get out of the S106 costs. If they had paid them in the first place, they would not have this problem now. Archway are trying to get the Compulsory Purchase Order thrown out as they have moved the goal posts of the scheme. Spurs would have to reapply and a possible public enquiry. Spurs cannot afford further delays. They may have to cough up these costs to move forward. West Ham's bid failed a similar test and the process had to start and caused two years of delays.

The ground will no doubt go ahead, but their own conduct could come back to haunt them. What a shame.

Of course if they had no intention of leaving WHL, why did they waste everyones time bidding for the OS. And of course their bid saw a dirty tricks campaign against WHU and the LLDC. Be interesting to see if Archways lawyers raise this matter. How will Levy say his promise to the council was a lie but the original application for CPO should still stand.

Putting aside my love of Spurs :lol: they should pay these costs regardless, it's shocking that they squirmed their way out of these costs and expect the tax payer to help them when Joe Lewis doesn't pay tax!

If Levy didn't own around 25%, i wold have thought he would be kicked out by now.
Modern
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 66 likes

Post by Modern »

Spurs said today that they have no intention to leave and will not be doing so, I don't think they are saying they never had any intention to leave or considered their options at various stages. Archway seem to be trying to suggest that the OS bid shows we still might leave the area, but clearly this is pretty fanciful with us trying to get their land to build the thing at this very moment.

Had Levy managed to get his hands on the OS on the terms he wanted (no running track, new stadium) I think it's very likely indeed he would have taken it, but that means nothing now.

I think Spurs were invited to bid so put in a proposal that suited them like every other party. Of course if in doing this they managed to put a bit of pressure on the council and stopped West Ham a free run at the OS it's just common sense from a Spurs perspective really so that is probably why they did it.
hammers1954

Post by hammers1954 »

Modern wrote:Spurs said today that they have no intention to leave and will not be doing so, I don't think they are saying they never had any intention to leave or considered their options at various stages. Archway seem to be trying to suggest that the OS bid shows we still might leave the area, but clearly this is pretty fanciful with us trying to get their land to build the thing at this very moment.

Had Levy managed to get his hands on the OS on the terms he wanted (no running track, new stadium) I think it's very likely indeed he would have taken it, but that means nothing now.

I think Spurs were invited to bid so put in a proposal that suited them like every other party. Of course if in doing this they managed to put a bit of pressure on the council and stopped West Ham a free run at the OS it's just common sense from a Spurs perspective really so that is probably why they did it.
Or employing a company whose 'rogue' employees might go and do something like getting illegally Brady's phone records and generally spy on people. Common sense really!
Mega Ron
Has liked: 170 likes
Total likes: 175 likes

Post by Mega Ron »

They're much better at being snidey c**** than we are aren't they.

B.astards
eastsider
Has liked: 54 likes
Total likes: 6 likes

Post by eastsider »

Just on news Spuds win case for compulsory purchase......
spyinthesky

Post by spyinthesky »

eastsider wrote:Just on news Spuds win case for compulsory purchase......
Hilarious to listen to them on the skyscraper site having the gall to call Archway greedy and inconsiderate to their neighbours, trying to screw Spurs over, blah blah blah, clearly these Levy apologists dont get irony.