When can we expect a decision? 22/3/13

An archive of news, events and discussion leading up to and post West Ham United's historic move from Upton Park to Stratford in 2016.

Moderators: Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

RyanWHUFC
Total likes: 1 like

Re: When can we expect a decision?

Post by RyanWHUFC »

HarrowInnHammer wrote:Most on here don't care for that.
More than happy to whore our club out to rich owners and daytrippers for the chance of success.
Disgusting.
Spot on mate...

As you have said before I don't quite think they give a monkeys about the support no matter what they say.
simon hammer
Has liked: 994 likes
Total likes: 748 likes

Post by simon hammer »

Our history will always be there. It's not going to suddenly disappear into the ether! Regardless of where we play football, we'll always have 64, 65, 66, 75 and 80 along with a legacy of great players.

Onwards and upwards say I. It's time to write the next and the newest chapter in our history.
Hammer_Chicadee
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 9 likes

Post by Hammer_Chicadee »

Although we all knew this was coming, I feel absolutely gutted this morning.
Posh-Hammer

Post by Posh-Hammer »

Totally gutted :(
RyanWHUFC

Post by RyanWHUFC »

@JoshTeager: Giving West Ham the Olympic stadium is a brilliant way of ruining one of the most atmospheric grounds in the country, Upton Park

Another one taken from twitter and another non West Ham supporter
Rays Rock
Has liked: 46 likes
Total likes: 104 likes

Post by Rays Rock »

the pink palermo wrote:Check again.If it's still not there complain to BT.
Yep got that now, you have a reply. :)
Benfleet Pete

Post by Benfleet Pete »

You grow older. Different relationships come and go, different jobs come and go, different homes come and go. The only certain thing in life for me (apart from death) was going to E13 to watch West Ham United play every other weekend no matter what my personal circumstances.

We have been sold down the river, people. Unfortunately its going to be a few years before some of us realise it.

Today is a bad day.
Porkeyes
Has liked: 1 like

Post by Porkeyes »

What a sad day. 2016 looms and will be on us in a flash. After that, we won't be special anymore. Shove progress & success where the sun don't shine. Especially when we all know it's the turning of a few quid profit that is the main aim here. If glory mattered to me I wouldn't support West Ham. Please leave it alone.
MD_HM
Has liked: 35 likes
Total likes: 343 likes

Post by MD_HM »

RyanWHUFC wrote:@JoshTeager: Giving West Ham the Olympic stadium is a brilliant way of ruining one of the most atmospheric grounds in the country, Upton Park

Another one taken from twitter and another non West Ham supporter
That's rubbish though... We haven't had a good regular atmosphere in years, a couple of times a year it gets going over there now.

History, tradition, close to the action and memories a big fat yes but intimidation and atmosphere not in a long long time
RyanWHUFC

Post by RyanWHUFC »

MD_HM wrote:That's rubbish though... We haven't had a good regular atmosphere in years, a couple of times a year it gets going over there now.

History, tradition, close to the action and memories a big fat yes but intimidation and atmosphere not in a long long time
Ok so maybe the atmosphere isn't great all the time but at least people realise we are there and IMO our home support and atmosphere is better than 90% of the PL. It will all count for nothing come 2016 anyway...
Pulls up Trees

Post by Pulls up Trees »

Historic day for the club. It will be a new chapter, but a necessary one IMO.

Will be very much looking forward to being at that first game in 2016.

But also sad that Upton Park, somewhere where we've had some great times, and some **** ones... will most likely be turned into a LIDL or ALDI...
Paddy O'Hammer
Has liked: 511 likes
Total likes: 166 likes

Post by Paddy O'Hammer »

SSN will be at the press conference at 10:30

Livestream if interested

http://www.viponlinesports.eu/football/ ... nline.html

Its the fans that make the atmosphere - we have some of the best. So lets shout (and boo :wink: ) a bit louder.
HarrowInnHammer

Post by HarrowInnHammer »

MD_HM wrote:That's rubbish though... We haven't had a good regular atmosphere in years, a couple of times a year it gets going over there now.

And the OS will be better how?
Those neutral areas are going to raucous ain't they....
Diogenes
Has liked: 480 likes
Total likes: 1201 likes

Post by Diogenes »

I have been supporting West Ham for over 50 years through thick and thin (more thin) with parents, grand parents and great grand parents east end born and bred. My wife, kids and dog all support West Ham. I have stood on the North Bank, South Bank, Chicken Run, old West Stand and sat in all four new stands both upper and lower. I have attended regularly in those 50 years, bunking in, STH and Academy member. I have supported them home and away in rain, sun, snow and fog. Therefore I believe I am a fully paid up member of the WHUFC supporter fraternity and I think to today is GOOD NEWS for WHUFC.

I’m 60/40 in favour of the move to the OS purely on the potential football and business benefits that I believe it can bring. I do not consider myself deluded, ignorant or traitorous and do not believe that I will be ‘shafted’ so please stop insulting my intelligence. Yes I could be wrong, but mine is an honest assessment, without rose tinted spectacles or a realistic alternative. Given their faults (and there are many) I think we are lucky to have the owners we have and do not believe in conspiracy. I every respect for those of you who are anti the move and ask that you respect my views without recourse to unpleasant rhetoric. I have articulated and detailed my reasons on many occasions on this forum and expected, indeed hoped, to be challenged with well thought out and articulated argument to ensure a healthy debate and test my reasoning. I continue to wait.

Life is about looking forward not backwards. You spend a long time dead! If you choose to there is a lot to be miserable about (re the move) or to be excited about. I choose the latter and if it all goes t*ts up then its an opportunity taken (perhaps with glorious failure) rather than missed. Some people are worried about the future of the club if we move to the OS and I can understand that. Personally, I am more worried about the future of our club if we do not.
Iron-worx

Post by Iron-worx »

Things move on, that's history in the making, let's move on and make most of, I see it as positive rather than negative.
Pulls up Trees

Post by Pulls up Trees »

Diogenes wrote:I have been supporting West Ham for over 50 years ...
Exactly, spot on mate.

Fortune favours the brave!
Last edited by Up the Junction on Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Large quote edited.
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 939 likes
Total likes: 1952 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

Good luck to those of you looking forward to it. Just bear in mind that a lot of the people you used to stand alongside won't be there with you. It's a new supporter base for us and I hope you get on with them.
MD_HM
Has liked: 35 likes
Total likes: 343 likes

Post by MD_HM »

HarrowInnHammer wrote:
And the OS will be better how?
Those neutral areas are going to raucous ain't they....
I never suggested the OS would, just that atmosphere isn't a valid reason to be against the move as we haven't got one now either.
Paddy O'Hammer
Has liked: 511 likes
Total likes: 166 likes

Post by Paddy O'Hammer »

Iron-worx wrote:Things move on, that's history in the making, let's move on and make most of, I see it as positive rather than negative.
I have the SSN livestream up and they are talking about Coventry and administration and a loss a stadium at the moment. The irony of it all. Well be on later - getting the keys for the Olympic Stadium.

I wonder what the Coventry fans will be thinking.
RyanWHUFC

Post by RyanWHUFC »

Doc H Ball wrote:Good luck to those of you looking forward to it. Just bear in mind that a lot of the people you used to stand alongside won't be there with you. It's a new supporter base for us and I hope you get on with them.
:thup: