darts

Want to talk sport? The Forum to discuss all sports not related to the beautiful game.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Rio
Ronnie Biggs was here
Has liked: 163 likes
Total likes: 1088 likes

Re: darts

Post by Rio »

brothernero wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:28 pm Just caught a little of the new BDO World Championship on Eurosport.

Kind of reminds me of an episode of Bullseye. It is shockingly poor. RIP the BDO.

Question for those more into the Darts than I am. In the PDC the fans are loud as flip throughout the matches, but in the BDO they are pretty quiet and it's classed as unsportsmanlike if they make any kind of noise during the matches.

Why the difference?
The PDC used to be the same. The advent of the premier league and shifting the worlds to Ally Pally signified a major shift in fan behaviour. It’s now not about the darts, it’s about sinking as many pints as you can while dressed as a banana. It’s not a darts crowd, it’s a stag night. I used to go to the PDC finals when it was at the circus tavern. Packed house, intimate atmosphere, lots of beer drunk but order was kept.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 255 likes
Total likes: 1158 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

The body dynamic of the modern day darts player has completely changed since the days of Eric (The Crafty Cockney) Bristow. Where are all the fat, beer swigging, pot bellied boozers?
Baron Von Marlon
Has liked: 12 likes
Total likes: 17 likes

Post by Baron Von Marlon »

brothernero wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:28 pm Just caught a little of the new BDO World Championship on Eurosport.

Kind of reminds me of an episode of Bullseye. It is shockingly poor. RIP the BDO.

Question for those more into the Darts than I am. In the PDC the fans are loud as flip throughout the matches, but in the BDO they are pretty quiet and it's classed as unsportsmanlike if they make any kind of noise during the matches.

Why the difference?
Because darts fans go to watch the BDO and non darts fans go to watch the PDC. It is the opposite of the prawn sandwich brigade in football
jastons
Has liked: 893 likes
Total likes: 849 likes

Post by jastons »

The irony being that non darts fans are watching a far better quality of darts and dart player in the PDC.