Snooker

Want to talk sport? The Forum to discuss all sports not related to the beautiful game.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

brothernero
Has liked: 702 likes
Total likes: 717 likes

Re: Snooker

Post by brothernero »

14-14. Comeback complete. :(
brothernero

Post by brothernero »

15-15, Now a best of 3.
brothernero

Post by brothernero »

Higgins took a 15-14 lead, But Gilbert wins the next two and is 1 frame from reaching the Final.

Mind you Gilbert did his best to nearly throw it away, Higgins needed 3 snookers and got 2. (f*** I hate that man)

Come on Gilbert!
brothernero

Post by brothernero »

16-16, final frame decider.

:( on standby. Love to be surprised here, but know I wont be.
Chicken Run Supreme
Has liked: 855 likes
Total likes: 823 likes

Post by Chicken Run Supreme »

Credit where it's due, Higgins is a street fighter and just won't go away. Best of 1 now. Been a classic so far.
brothernero

Post by brothernero »

Gilbert in first, on a break of 28 but missed a tricky black.
Belgian Iron
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 45 likes

Post by Belgian Iron »

Didn't dare to look to be frustrated.
Tuned in at 16-16 the last 10 mins, still frustrated. :x

Feel for Gilbert.
brothernero

Post by brothernero »

Higgins wins. :(

So for the first time in my life I will not be watching the Final of the World Snooker championships.

Cant stand Higgins, cant stand Trump.
brothernero

Post by brothernero »

The Cheater Vs The Look How Wealthy I Am Bling Bling Boy.

:x
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

Higgins is clearly going to win this one, isn't he.
Belgian Iron

Post by Belgian Iron »

Seeing Gilbert crying afterwards spoiled it even more for me.
Belgian Iron

Post by Belgian Iron »

DasNutNock wrote:Higgins is clearly going to win this one, isn't he.
I guess so, think he will destroy Trump.

I'm not really a fan of Trump, but I hope he can beat Higgins anyway.
White Goodman
Making excuses in A&E
Has liked: 254 likes
Total likes: 276 likes

Post by White Goodman »

This is hugely tough for me. My issues with Higgins are well documented but I ****ing hate Trump.

Everything about him is wrong from the spiky shoes that he wore for about three years too long to his post it note bow tie. ****.

I hope Higgins beats him . There I've said it, I feel dirty but I want Higgins to win.

When you look at Higgins record, you have to wonder why he isn't level with Hendry in some ways as far as WC wins are concerned.

I know O'Sullivan has 5 but if I needed someone to play and win at the Crucible to save my life, I'd pick the cheat every day of the week.
White Goodman
Making excuses in A&E
Has liked: 254 likes
Total likes: 276 likes

Post by White Goodman »

Oh and have you seen Higgins' middle son?

All I can say is, I'd have questions for one of The Proclaimers if I was him. Maybe whilst he was away talking to fake gangsters in Eastern Europe?
Belgian Iron

Post by Belgian Iron »

The only worse setup of the final for me would've been Higgins vs Selby, like it was 2 years ago. :thdn:

Still such a shame Gilbert couldn't progress. Would've made a pleasant look for the final and I would not have written him off to win it either against Trump.

It all depends which game Trump comes up with. If he plays like he did in his previous matches, Higgins will win it. If he can find his game from the Masters, Trump will win it. Then simply no one can beat him.
neathiron
Has liked: 454 likes
Total likes: 317 likes

Post by neathiron »

White Goodman wrote:This is hugely tough for me. My issues with Higgins are well documented but I ****ing hate Trump.
I don't watch much snooker but on the few occasions that I've tuned in, and Trump is playing, I can't help but notice the amount of flukes that guy gets. Yes he may be an attacking player and plays risky shots but he is such a jammy b*stard at times. Think that's part of the reason why I dislike him.
Chicken Run Supreme
Has liked: 855 likes
Total likes: 823 likes

Post by Chicken Run Supreme »

I don't get the hate for Judd Trump. He plays the game the way I like to see. I used to like John Higgins but the whole betting scandal rather soured that and it casts a shadow over him. However having said that, the way he has battled against Robertson and Gilbert has been outstanding. I really don't mind who wins and I hope it's a good final that ends up 18-15 or even closer. However, of the two finalists if I had to choose one of them, I guess it would be the Wizard of Wishaw, despite all that has gone on before.
To be fair I think Higgins gets his fair share of flukes too, and funny Whitey should mention the sprog, I said the same to Mrs CRS that he looked like a mini Proclaimer!!
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

Trump does look like a tit, but he plays the game in the right manner, and as far as I'm aware, hasn't cheated like the scotch has, so I'd rather he wins.
Korea Hammer
Has liked: 1316 likes
Total likes: 770 likes

Post by Korea Hammer »

I used to find it hard to warm to Trump, he just seemed a bit flashy and cocky. But having actually listened to him a few times, I think he's a nice bloke really, and his game has become more rounded as he's matured as a person.

He could potentially dominate snooker for the next ten years, but then again if he loses this to He Who Shall Not Be Named, it could damage him, and we might be looking at another Jimmy White scenario.

It also feels very important for snooker as a whole that his opponent doesn't win this match. I bet Hearn and co are privately gnashing their teeth at his resurgence post-the match throwing scandal.
brothernero

Post by brothernero »

One of the reasons I don't like Trump is because of how much he likes to flaunt his wealth.

Remember when he wore Diamond Encrusted Plimsolls that cost over £2000. He declared they were uncomfortable and then when asked what he did with them he said "I chucked them In a bin at the Crucible"

Then there was a segment called "Snooker players shows us their Mobile Phone Pictures" (Something like that)

All the players were showing pictures of their families, wives and kids, Holiday snaps, pics of their gardens ect ect

Trump shows us his pictures of his very expensive car collection and then his vast collection of very expensive shoes and all his bling bling, oh and his brand new shiny Rolex.

Don't have a problem with sportsman and woman who are rich because of their respective sport, good luck to them I say. But I don't like it when they show of about how rich they are.

Trump also bithced and whined about his nicknames that was given to him. Yeah fair enough about hating "The Trumpinator" but why would you hate the nickname "The Juddernaught" ?

Oh and he comes across as both Arrogant & a Sulker.