Superbowl thread

Want to talk sport? The Forum to discuss all sports not related to the beautiful game.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Cockneyboy311
Has liked: 541 likes
Total likes: 424 likes

Re: Superbowl thread

Post by Cockneyboy311 »

warp wrote:
you just need to find a new quarterback Image
Nah, Goff is still young, he would have learned a great deal that day. He'll be better next year. Whether that transmits into another SB appearance is anyone's guess though.
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

Cockneyboy311 wrote:Nah, Goff is still young, he would have learned a great deal that day.
how to **** his pants?
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1962 likes
Total likes: 1648 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

I don't disagree that's the case at all.

still I bet those 6 rings help sooth the pain somewhat.......

I look at this from a West Ham perspective having won ***k all much in my 65 years supporters them..

2 cups, 1 CWC win and a CWC final...

that's more by most standards of course...loads have won naff all.

It still eats me up we lost to the Bin Dippers in THAT final.....

winning the PL or the old Div 1 would help me sleep nights a lot easier though........

:cry:
Cockneyboy311

Post by Cockneyboy311 »

warp wrote: how to **** his pants?
Young, inexperienced. No major surprise that he did. That being said - didn't do too bad though overall did he? Where was Rodgers, Mahomes, Wenz etc? All sitting at home.
bitter-iron-ny
Has liked: 204 likes
Total likes: 228 likes

Post by bitter-iron-ny »

Cockneyboy311 wrote: Young, inexperienced. No major surprise that he did. That being said - didn't do too bad though overall did he? Where was Rodgers, Mahomes, Wenz etc? All sitting at home.
No shame in losing a Super Bowl. Marino did that as a rookie and never made it back.

No doubt Goff laid an egg but it's not necessarily going to define his career, even if he never makes it back.

Winning definitely helps. As a Giants fan, for me it's a no brainer to take Eli's 2 SB MVP's over Phillip Rivers passing #'s. Both will likely end up in the Hall of Fame but will always be looked at in a totally different light.

Goff and Wentz will always be linked due to draft position. But we are probably 5-6 years away at the very least before we can make a fair comparison.
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

Cockneyboy311 wrote:Young, inexperienced. No major surprise that he did. That being said - didn't do too bad though overall did he? Where was Rodgers, Mahomes, Wenz etc? All sitting at home.
like you wouldn't have any of them instead! :D

i haven't seen much in him and i doubt he'll ever be great, maybe good, likely just a 1.3 on the dalton scale.
bitter-iron-ny wrote:No shame in losing a Super Bowl. Marino did that as a rookie and never made it back.
second year i think. but apart from that, the difference is that he was **** hot since the first day and the best player in his team. unlike goff. so yes, two QBs who lost a superbowl early in their career. that's about the only thing they have in common!

i agree though, it's not this one game that will define his career.
Cockneyboy311

Post by Cockneyboy311 »

warp wrote: like you wouldn't have any of them instead! :D

i haven't seen much in him and i doubt he'll ever be great, maybe good, likely just a 1.3 on the dalton scale.

i agree though, it's not this one game that will define his career.

I might swap him for Mahomes. not the other two.
WCpete
Has liked: 1462 likes
Total likes: 3151 likes

Post by WCpete »

Looks like Robert Kraft still has an itch that needs scratching.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... tion-small
sicknote
Plumbing the depths
Has liked: 99 likes
Total likes: 154 likes

Post by sicknote »

https://www.bbc.com/sport/american-football/47550866" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:thup:
warp

Post by warp »

1-31, fire hue jackson, title contender. how **** must he be??
Patito

Post by Patito »

sicknote wrote:https://www.bbc.com/sport/american-football/47550866" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:thup:

Quite a coup.

I see Brown went for the Raiders too.
bitter-iron-ny

Post by bitter-iron-ny »

Patito wrote: Quite a coup.

I see Brown went for the Raiders too.
Really not sorry to see him go.

No team with a star receiver has won the SB in a while. The four the Giants won were all with a fairly anonymous receiver corps. OBJ a fabulously talented player, hard worker and at his core not a bad person. Might be a touch mental but that's not the problem. His oddball personality was just out of place in a franchise like the Giants, generally speaking and where they are now. I wish Beckham well but that situation in Cleveland is way overhyped.

And not bad return considering what Brown and other star WR's have gone for.
warp

Post by warp »

bitter-iron-ny wrote:No team with a star receiver has won the SB in a while.
correct. that's the same reason why i would look to offload barkley too, you could get a 1st and 2nd, maybe an average linebacker too.

bitter-iron-ny wrote:His oddball personality was just out of place in a franchise like the Giants, generally speaking and where they are now.
i can think of more out of place giants, like ex-quarterbacks that are still starting games.

bitter-iron-ny wrote:I wish Beckham well but that situation in Cleveland is way overhyped.
they'll have a better record than the giants in each of the next five seasons.
bitter-iron-ny

Post by bitter-iron-ny »

warp wrote: correct. that's the same reason why i would look to offload barkley too, you could get a 1st and 2nd, maybe an average linebacker too.
Of course, because it's exactly the same situation.

Other than it's a different position, a different contract and entirely different personality. Maybe they have equivalent value for fantasy leagues but I wouldn't know anything about that.

And OBJ is definitively dedicated himself to help his team in anyway he can...or something. His people telling the Browns he needs a new contract, and the man himself letting everyone know how exited he is to be there:

“I’m takin an emotional, mental, physical/blah blah blah vacation. I appreciate the love honestly but at this moment for the next couple of days I’m goin dark. I won’t be around, phone is gone, with all due respect, please don’t text/call/FaceTime unless it’s of the utmost importance. I really need some time to vibe and just get away, process, reevaluate some of the things in my life, as much has changed for me recently. I’m doin amazing thanks for askin!!! Im really just tryin to get everything together and gather all my thoughts so I can take the next steps in my life to be the very very very best me moving forward . God bless u all and again thanks for the love and support, I will see u soon. . . . Always LUVVVVV.”

Yep.
i can think of more out of place giants, like ex-quarterbacks that are still starting games.
Yes. Horrible Eli.
they'll have a better record than the giants in each of the next five seasons.
Of course they will. The Browns. The team that beat one team with a winning record last season, a season where they were <.500. Those horrible Giants with their over the hill QB (who somehow managed to outscore the Browns) managed to beat two of those.

It remains a team game, and springtime miscalculations based on media hype are an annual event. Would be surprised if the Browns are better than the Giants for even 2 of the next 5. But that's why they play the games. :raver: