Boxing thread

Want to talk sport? The Forum to discuss all sports not related to the beautiful game.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

twixy
Has liked: 1 like

Re: Boxing thread

Post by twixy »

Chisora would be the worst possible choice for price next. Chisora has a decent chin and would be on Prices chest every minute. Price would gas earlier than he did against Thompson
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by fmgod »

twixy wrote:Chisora would be the worst possible choice for price next. Chisora has a decent chin and would be on Prices chest every minute. Price would gas earlier than he did against Thompson
It's the only fight worth any £ for him currently, if he drops back into the domestic scene the money wil be a lot lower.
Faded & Dead

Post by Faded & Dead »

twixy wrote:I can't see Price winning this unless he lands a big bomb on Thompson. Price has only been past 4 rounds once, I can't see him digging in the late rounds. Tony is a proper fighter and has been around the block, only ever stopped by Wlad. He has had more time to prepare, much better shape, and knows he can hurt Price. Can't see any other result that a Thompson win by KO.
Twixy, on the strength of your post alone, I decided to part with a tenner on Thompson. I have a passing interest in boxing but am no expert by any stretch.

Thank you sir, I wouldn't have won without you. I assume you will consider it fair payment and indeed make you proud, for me to place £10 to the BMF, thanks to your tip.

F&D :crest:
twixy

Post by twixy »

Faded & Dead wrote:
Twixy, on the strength of your post alone, I decided to part with a tenner on Thompson. I have a passing interest in boxing but am no expert by any stretch.

Thank you sir, I wouldn't have won without you. I assume you will consider it fair payment and indeed make you proud, for me to place £10 to the BMF, thanks to your tip.

F&D
What a Gent!! Glad you made some money out of it mate! Quality gesture for the BMF too :thup:
York Ham(mer)
Has liked: 112 likes
Total likes: 149 likes

Post by York Ham(mer) »

Great! :)

Price needs to go back to school and learn to box instead of just banging his opponents out.

Meanwhile, Haye v Fury is on! 28th Sept. It would be a big, big win for Fury if he pulls this one off.
Matt of iron

Post by Matt of iron »

Haye will knock him out without to much trouble imo.
York Ham(mer)

Post by York Ham(mer) »

Can't argue much with that, Matt of iron. Fury is going to have perform at another level if he is to take anything away from this fight.
twixy

Post by twixy »

NOt a chance that this will even be competitive IMO. David Haye is a money making machine and it will be a big pay day for an easy nights work.
fmgod

Post by fmgod »

York Ham(mer) wrote:
Price needs to go back to school and learn to box instead of just banging his opponents out.
He can't, his 30 and getting older all the time, he can't learn what he needs to learn he is too old and the fights he has had have taught him nothing as blasting out no-hopers in three rounds hasn't tested him once.
fmgod

Post by fmgod »

twixy wrote:NOt a chance that this will even be competitive IMO. David Haye is a money making machine and it will be a big pay day for an easy nights work.
i fancy Haye to stop him, Fury's chin isn't brillant but he has a good heart but Haye has power and will put him down again if he gets up. This is a great payday for both, Haye is the master salesman, the British Mayweather, makes millions from fighting once a year against the likes of Chisora, Fury and even Harrison, he's ridculously clever at making tons of money from fights that really shouldn't be taking place.
Georgee Paris
Location: The Amazing Adventures of Wicked Willy & Fearless Steve
Has liked: 495 likes
Total likes: 1042 likes

Post by Georgee Paris »

Anyone have any idea of when tickets will go on sale?
twixy

Post by twixy »

Georgee Paris wrote:Anyone have any idea of when tickets will go on sale?
May well be Thursday.
Georgee Paris
Location: The Amazing Adventures of Wicked Willy & Fearless Steve
Has liked: 495 likes
Total likes: 1042 likes

Post by Georgee Paris »

Thanks Twixy. I reckon this could be quite a fun night out. Mind you Millwall and Irish travellers everywhere?
twixy

Post by twixy »

Georgee Paris wrote:Thanks Twixy. I reckon this could be quite a fun night out. Mind you Millwall and Irish travellers everywhere?
It will be a good night but you are right, there will be loads of trouble!
RM6

Post by RM6 »

Georgee Paris wrote:Mind you Millwall and Irish travellers everywhere?
p***** fighting p*****. Everyone's a winner.
York Ham(mer)

Post by York Ham(mer) »

Early betting:

englebert

Post by englebert »

I dont think this will be as easy as some make out. Looking back on Hayes past fights he is very cautious against heavyweights. He stayed out of range against Valuev all night as he seemed afraid to get close to the much bigger man. Even against Audley it took him three rounds to throw a punch and that was against someone not throwing anything himself.

Its not beyond the realms of possibility that when the fight is at range Fury keeps Haye at bay with the jab. Also in close Fury could hold and bully Haye like he did against Cunningham and Chisora.

My money is on Haye though, I think at some point Fury will get excited and careless and get tagged, if that happens Haye who is a great finisher will not let him off the hook in the way Cunningham did.
twixy

Post by twixy »

Fury is way to Raw for Haye, it is just too early. I rate fury, he is a decent prospect but to put him in with someone like Haye this early is just silly. OK he choked against Wlad, but Haye is an elite fighter - Unified Cruiserweight champion, and with Adam Booth probably the greatest coach in the county, he will win this with ease. I fancy the first 2/3 rounds will be like the Harrison fight, but as Englebert says Fury will get sloppy, no doubt about it, and when he does Haye won't miss. Fury is so open to the overhand right it is scary. He won't have fought anyone with power and accuracy like haye and when a fighter is hurt, there isn't many finishers like Haye, he is ruthless.
twixy

Post by twixy »

The best thing about the fight will be the build up!!
fmgod

Post by fmgod »

englebert wrote:I dont think this will be as easy as some make out. Looking back on Hayes past fights he is very cautious against heavyweights. He stayed out of range against Valuev all night as he seemed afraid to get close to the much bigger man. Even against Audley it took him three rounds to throw a punch and that was against someone not throwing anything himself.
Valuev was very tough, Fury has been down a few times already against a blown up cruiser in Cunningham and others.
Haye didn't throw anything against Audley in the opening rounds as he and his family had stacks on him winning in the third, he even admitted this afterwards