Boxing thread

Want to talk sport? The Forum to discuss all sports not related to the beautiful game.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Romford
Big X

Re: Boxing thread

Post by Romford »

wolf359 wrote: I'd still expect a fit Haye (if he can ever be now) to beat Bellew, but father time has caught Haye up and i'm not sure he can ever be fully fit again.
Haye has to change his stance...puts too much effort into single punches. Needs to jab more
Lee_WHU

Post by Lee_WHU »

somerset-hammer wrote:Not one mention of the injury?
Looked to me Haye didn't want to bring attention to it and use it as an excuse as to why or how he lost, fair play to him. Said straight up Bellew took everything he had and he himself couldn't take everything Bellew had but I think we could all see the longer that went on IF Haye had 2 feet he'd of finished Bellew off.

EDIT: Oh yeah, could've been the whole toe thing also :D

Still, didn't like Haye much before, respect has gone up for him now.
Last edited by Lee_WHU on Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by fmgod »

Haye winning easily really while boxing really stupid and throwing big shots then bang leg injury and it was Bellew's from there out, Haye knew at the end he had cocked it massively up, has no where to turn now bar begging for a rematch, standard of boxing was diabolical, was like watching two drunks at some point, sod paying for that nonsense.
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

York Ham(mer) wrote:Glad I didn't pay money for that!
Ive spent worse scores...
Harry Hound
Location: "If you don't know the game, then you're still part of it"
Has liked: 67 likes
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by Harry Hound »

That was an incredible fight and the dignity and humility that both Haye and Bellew showed after the fight was awe inspiring. Great respect to them both.
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

fmgod wrote:Haye winning easily really while boxing really stupid and throwing big shots then bang leg injury and it was Bellew's from there out, Haye knew at the end he had cocked it massively up, has no where to turn now bar begging for a rematch, standard of boxing was diabolical, was like watching two drunks at some point, sod paying for that nonsense.
When was the last time you saw a heavyweight bout that wasn't ??
nickkarkie
Has liked: 65 likes
Total likes: 159 likes

Post by nickkarkie »

fmgod wrote:Haye winning easily really while boxing really stupid and throwing big shots then bang leg injury and it was Bellew's from there out, Haye knew at the end he had cocked it massively up, has no where to turn now bar begging for a rematch, standard of boxing was diabolical, was like watching two drunks at some point, sod paying for that nonsense.
Agree. Everyone laughs at Fury but technically he's miles better than these guys, uses his reach and boxes to his strengths. Haye fights with his feet too far apart and that makes him lose a lot of height, they are both supposed to be 6'3" but Haye looked muxh shorter and it makes him telegraph his punches. The best fighters in the world don't chase down their opponent, they stand their ground and counter or use their superior speed and movement.
Beavis Danzig
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 782 likes

Post by Beavis Danzig »

always thought the point that a boxer says they can't trust their body is like a gaffer saying they can't trust their players. no way back from that so i'm not surprised haye didn't want to bring attention to it.
fmgod

Post by fmgod »

Oddest thing I found was James DeGale in the ring at the end jumping around, unless he had a big bet on. He has no ties to either either boxer or trainers etc yet reacted like it was his brother or himself who had won, just slightly strange
bowltorious
Has liked: 19 likes
Total likes: 28 likes

Post by bowltorious »

Good mates with Bellew apparently.
bowltorious
Has liked: 19 likes
Total likes: 28 likes

Post by bowltorious »

Let's not pretend the injury didn't turn the fight, Haye would've won if it wasn't for that as you could see he settled after being overly aggressive and sloppy first two trying to score the early KO. Shame, as I wanted to see Haye vs Joshua but don't reckon that will happen now.
Morocco Mole
Has liked: 3687 likes
Total likes: 2411 likes

Post by Morocco Mole »

Bit of a joke really wasn't it? Feel for Haye...whatever you think of him, injuries have consistently stopped him reaching his full potential. Bellew's never been on his level and certainly wasn't last night even against a rusty overeaching opponent hobbling about on one leg. There were no winners although Bellow conducted himself quite well for a Mickey given the circumstances I suppose. Haye's always had heart - remember the Carl Thompson fight? - and I hope he can come again but you wouldn't put your money on it.
Morocco Mole
Has liked: 3687 likes
Total likes: 2411 likes

Post by Morocco Mole »

Thurman Garcia....now this is a proper contest. :thup:
davids cross
Uncle David
Has liked: 675 likes
Total likes: 1328 likes

Post by davids cross »

Thoroughly enjoyable fight.

Thank you David Haye..........Thank you Tony Bellow..

£17 well spent. Respect to both of you. Drama & sport rolled into one.
RyanWHUFC
Total likes: 1 like

Post by RyanWHUFC »

I'd like to see the rematch although it wouldn't sell as much now IMO, the talk and hype sold the fight.

As far as I can tell I'd say Hayes done, been out of the ring to long and body is giving up on him. Massive respect to him for hanging it out on one leg. Have to give credit to Bellew too, he did take a few shots when Haye wasn't injured and kept coming, not sure what that win does for him really, any of the top heavyweights take him out.
SxHammer
Has liked: 9 likes
Total likes: 69 likes

Post by SxHammer »

Thought the quality in the that fight was awful, neither of them are anywhere world class.
S-H
Has liked: 5738 likes
Total likes: 9655 likes

Post by S-H »

Apparently, Bellew is still in the o2, talking about himself..
SxHammer
Has liked: 9 likes
Total likes: 69 likes

Post by SxHammer »

If Bellew wants to stay at heavyweight then I'd like to see him fight Dillian Whyte. Possibly in a pub or maybe a kebab shop
Nesticles

Post by Nesticles »

Morocco Mole wrote:Thurman Garcia....now this is a proper contest. :thup:
Cracking fight, thought Thurman had him gone in the first few rounds!
fmgod

Post by fmgod »

The interviews last night and this morning are hilarious acting as if Bellew fought a masterplan and outboxed Haye not even mentioning Haye had one leg for the last six rounds and even then bellew struggled to get him out, talk about selling a narrative