Boxing thread

Want to talk sport? The Forum to discuss all sports not related to the beautiful game.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

stu1
Has liked: 658 likes
Total likes: 1024 likes

Re: Boxing thread

Post by stu1 »

Morocco Mole wrote: He’s ruled out fighting Khan incidentally.
How has Kahn concluded the fight is agreed. :lol:

What a twat.

He’s so desperate to cash out with a fight vs Pac or Mayweather. He should just fight Brook get ko’d and call it a day, it’s been about 6 years since he had a fight that was even close to ‘50-50’.

Time to stop robbing the public in mismatches.
Nesticles

Post by Nesticles »

EvilC wrote:
I wonder how exactly he might be achieving this remarkable level of youthfulness...
If it looks too good to be true it probably is I guess
stu1 wrote:Time to stop robbing the public in mismatches.
Khan has become a bit of a joke, but he gave the public plenty

Brook on the other hand has wasted his career and talent waiting for a Khan payday. If they fight at 147 now Brook would be so drained I doubt he would even knock Khan out.

They'll never fight each other now, but it will will be Brook who will have the most regrets about his career when they call it a day. That GGG beatdown took a lot out of him imo.
EvilC
Location: In the street as the cold wind blows, in the ghetto...
Has liked: 2627 likes
Total likes: 1178 likes

Post by EvilC »

I hope he got paid well enough for the Golovkin fight. His CV is basically a load of scrubs, Porter, more scrubs, Golovkin, Spence and now he is waiting around for the Khan pension top-up. Or we might just get Brook vs Carson Jones III.
stu1
Has liked: 658 likes
Total likes: 1024 likes

Post by stu1 »

No doubt Khan has achieved more in his career and has better wins on his CV but he’s been a joke for the last 5 years.

He either faces lower level feather fisted fighters or elite fighters he has no chance against.

I think even a drained Brook would catch him at some point, but we’ll probably never know.
Nesticles

Post by Nesticles »

Brook’s last 5 years have been a bigger joke than Khans

They both need to call it a day
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 145 likes

Post by fmgod »

Brook is over rated it's untrue, one good win on his CV in about 40 fights, went life and death with Carson Jones, GGG basically beat him in one round then Spence finished the job, never got the Brook hype, it's hard to rate a fighter whose whole career he spent fighting no marks bar Porter which was a great win

Khan's never needed brook as Brook is a nothing, a no name whereas Khan is known worldwide with a big media profile, it's why got paid 7 mil for 12 minutes work the other week, it's why he fights all the big names and it's guaranteed to be entertaining
White Goodman
Making excuses in A&E
Has liked: 254 likes
Total likes: 276 likes

Post by White Goodman »

Khan hasn't been entertaining for years.

The only reason people tune in when he fights big names is that they know they are going to see him knocked out cold.

Which is why a lot of people watch combat sport in the first place.

Khan at least gives people what they want in that way.

Both wastes of space
S-H
Has liked: 5739 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

Dillian Whyte Tests Positive For Banned Substance.

https://www.boxingscene.com/dillian-why ... ce--141178" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Nesticles

Post by Nesticles »

Jeez. After the stuff Whyte, Hearn and co said about Jarrell Miller this is an awful look
fmgod

Post by fmgod »

Hardly a surprise, seen the photos of him a few years ago, massive muscles. The second time he has been popped now, they're just waiting for the BBC sample, if found guilty he should be banned for life/5 years

He must've been an idiot somehow avoided VADA but got popped by UKAD

How anyone can think the likes of Joshua are natural is hilarious

Joshua has just reached out to a new drug coach too, this is why a drug cheat like Conte is worth their weight in gold as they probably have the VADA testing sitting in their lab working how to get round it

Chisora on the special stuff to, all of a sudden makes a resurrection two years ago, looks better than ever under what Haye is supplying with him too
only1post
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 81 likes

Post by only1post »

Deaths and drugs.

Not a great week for the noble art of boxing.
WHU Independent
Has liked: 1637 likes
Total likes: 506 likes

Post by WHU Independent »

only1post wrote:Deaths and drugs.

Not a great week for the noble art of boxing.
And as Duke Mckenzie (I think) said "If you knowingly go into a ring into a combat situation and kill your opponent when you are on PED's, is that murder or at least manslaughter?"
Nesticles

Post by Nesticles »

Silence from Sky Sports too, as if it never happened. Conveniently after they mugged their loyal fanbase of £20 to watch a guy fight they already knew had failed a test. Let alone the fact Matchroom and Whyte knew, but didn’t tell Rivas’s team. This will surely have an ugly ending.

If Ruiz beats up Joshua again, their boxing and box office empire is going to be heavily damaged
S-H

Post by S-H »

Hearn and the rest of the team new on the 17th that he'd tested positive, yet the fight went ahead..

What if he'd seriously hurt the guy?

And Hearn wonders why people don't like him?
S-H

Post by S-H »

Whyte is releasing a statement today, apparently.
fmgod

Post by fmgod »

Hearn meant to be taking all sort of injunctions out on the Whyte stuff and the TUE exemptions Joshua has

Hearn is probably more scared of Whyte can say and do, as he is not exactly one to watch his mouth, he could potentially blow the whole lid of the Uk drugs cheat, I mean Ingle's gym is a joke

Hearn in full MP and spin mode here

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Best bit is all of last week he accused Pacquaio of being on drugs! I mean he blatantly is but the irony
twixy
Has liked: 1 like

Post by twixy »

Absolute disgrace from everyone concerned. Hearn, Whyte and the BBBoC all need serious investigating. On a week when two fighters have lost their lives in the ring, if the stories are true, Hearn has allowed a fighter who has tested positive to drugs to fight without even telling the other fighter. And all for a pound note. I hope they get everything coming to them if this turns out to be true.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; minute 1 to minute 2 makes pretty grim viewing for Matchroom. Disgraceful.
S-H

Post by S-H »

twixy wrote:
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; minute 1 to minute 2 makes pretty grim viewing for Matchroom. Disgraceful.
Hard to hear what was said, could you hear it?
S-H

Post by S-H »

Double post
Patito

Post by Patito »

S-H wrote: Hard to hear what was said, could you hear it?

I'm sure Whyte says - 'kin 'ell innit, Jeez Christ bruv. I ain't slept at all the last couple of days.

Sure Hearn says: Mate that was miracle of all miracles wasn't it? I had a statement for you ready to go then they just phoned me up and was like we did it and i was like oh my god.

Whyte mentions about keeping a bit of his hair, passing 2 tests in 2 days and then "1 in a million".

Doesn't look good. Shame as I really liked Whyte.