Boxing thread

Want to talk sport? The Forum to discuss all sports not related to the beautiful game.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 145 likes

Re: Boxing thread

Post by fmgod »

The Tommy Fury fight was hilarious, Dubois needs another step up to really test him, so we can get an idea of how good he is, forget as well he is only 22
denzel

Post by denzel »

Another impressive performance from Dubois, he’s on his way to the top. :thup:
jacko
Has liked: 60 likes
Total likes: 149 likes

Post by jacko »

Dubois looks good but he hasn't fought anyone decent yet so Joyce would be a really interesting test.
only1post
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 81 likes

Post by only1post »

22nd Feb for the rematch.
Ferret

Post by Ferret »

Looking forward to the Fury return, best boxer against the hardest hitter :thup:
Georgee Paris
Location: The Amazing Adventures of Wicked Willy & Fearless Steve
Has liked: 496 likes
Total likes: 1038 likes

Post by Georgee Paris »

Ferret wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 12:55 pm Looking forward to the Fury return, best boxer against the hardest hitter :thup:
Really enjoying the build up. Can’t help but feel Wilders confidence is misplaced. Fury really wasn’t knocked down heavily last time... watched it 100s of times now and the first time he was off balance and the second was a clip when he was weaving... I can’t believe he won’t be fitter and stronger now. I really don’t think Wilder will be better than he was in the last fight. Perhaps he’ll try and blow Fury away as quick as he can but I think that will play into fury’s hands. Can’t see him getting caught cold. The more I think about it the more I think Fury is going to win. I hope he does. Yes Wilder has a big one punch. I just still don’t rate him at all. I’d be amazed if he beat Fury, Joshua and Whyte.
hudds town hammer
Has liked: 1 like

Post by hudds town hammer »

I see Yard had a win at the weekend against a guy with a 4/48/3 record in a disco in Spain
twixy

Post by twixy »

hudds town hammer wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:56 pm I see Yard had a win at the weekend against a guy with a 4/48/3 record in a disco in Spain
It was so he can challenge for the WBO. You can't challenge for it coming off a loss. Liam Smith done the same thing after the Canelo loss so he could fight Williams.
hudds town hammer

Post by hudds town hammer »

twixy wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:23 am It was so he can challenge for the WBO. You can't challenge for it coming off a loss. Liam Smith done the same thing after the Canelo loss so he could fight Williams.
i know mate, a bit of a silly rule if you ask me. You would think the WBO wouldnt let you challenge for there strap unless you have just beaten a top 10 and not just let you get a win against any old uber driver
twixy

Post by twixy »

hudds town hammer wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:25 pm i know mate, a bit of a silly rule if you ask me. You would think the WBO wouldnt let you challenge for there strap unless you have just beaten a top 10 and not just let you get a win against any old uber driver
Yeah agreed, a load of old rubbish mate
kenthammer1984
Has liked: 23 likes
Total likes: 81 likes

Post by kenthammer1984 »

i get the feeling the the massive cut suffered by Fury in his last fight is going to come back and haunt him here - really hope he wins but have a strange feeling about this one
ageing hammer
Has liked: 484 likes
Total likes: 1474 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

I fancy Fury big time to beat Wilder, I thought in the last fight Wilder was getting a good hiding and this time Fury will be a lot fitter so should be able to batter him easier this time.

Wilder has a huge knockout punch but nothing else to offer, and if he connects he will knock anyone out, if Fury can avoid that he will win handsomely imo.
Cockneyboy311
Has liked: 541 likes
Total likes: 416 likes

Post by Cockneyboy311 »

ageing hammer wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 12:23 pm I fancy Fury big time to beat Wilder, I thought in the last fight Wilder was getting a good hiding and this time Fury will be a lot fitter so should be able to batter him easier this time.

Wilder has a huge knockout punch but nothing else to offer, and if he connects he will knock anyone out, if Fury can avoid that he will win handsomely imo.
This is exactly it. I can't see Fury stopping Wilder so he'll need to avoid that sledgehammer of a right for 12 rounds.
White Goodman
Making excuses in A&E
Has liked: 254 likes
Total likes: 276 likes

Post by White Goodman »

He connected cleanly last time and didn't knock Fury out.

Fury is just a big big man. That is the problem , even for absolutely huge punchers.

It just doesn't affect him as much. Wilder's face in the 12th round when Fury got up in their fight was a picture.

Philosophical to an extent but the rest of it was "really?"

That has to dent Wilder's confidence surely.

He's a **** boxer and he now knows that his usually reliable knockout power may not work on Fury.
Nesticles

Post by Nesticles »

I give Wilder a lot of credit. He never gives up and has enough confidence he will KO fighters who are better technically than him. Fury getting up was one of those ‘you have to see it to believe it’ moments.

I want Fury to win all the way, he will have to box the perfect fight to do so. Fascinating fight though, proper 50/50 imo. Wouldn’t be ruling out a robbery on the scorecards in Vegas either unfortunately.
btajim - mcfc
There when they were sh*t
Has liked: 72 likes
Total likes: 440 likes

Post by btajim - mcfc »

Fair few bookies offering Evens for the fight to go the distance. Neither boxer has been knocked out let alone lost a fight. Seems like free money?
Georgee Paris
Location: The Amazing Adventures of Wicked Willy & Fearless Steve
Has liked: 496 likes
Total likes: 1038 likes

Post by Georgee Paris »

No idea why but got really choked up watching Tyson’s kids watching him box especially when his eye got busted up. Really grown fond of him and hope he manages to beat Wilder.
DasNutNock2
Has liked: 9 likes
Total likes: 18 likes

Post by DasNutNock2 »

I think Wilder knocks Fury down before the end of R2 and probably knocks him out before R5.
ageing hammer
Has liked: 484 likes
Total likes: 1474 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

DasNutNock2 wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:50 am I think Wilder knocks Fury down before the end of R2 and probably knocks him out before R5.
That would be if he was fighting Joshua not Fury.
DasNutNock2
Has liked: 9 likes
Total likes: 18 likes

Post by DasNutNock2 »

Fully agree that AJ is a glass cannon. I just think Wilder will have a better strategy for this fight.