Kia, Sheff Utd, Duxbury, McCabe and arbitration

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Pony UTD

Kia, Sheff Utd, Duxbury, McCabe and arbitration

Post by Pony UTD »

Joorbachian: BBC interviewed him. Played a clip from the interview.

He strongly claims he did nothing wrong. Wants to know why he wasn't called to any hearing. He still has things to say. but legally can't.

Not sure when the full interview will be aired.
hammerdivone

Re: Kia Joorabchian on radio 4 this morning.

Post by hammerdivone »

Pony UTD wrote:BBC interviewed him. Played a clip from the interview.

He strongly claims he did nothing wrong. Wants to know why he wasn't called to any hearing. He still has things to say. but legally can't.

Not sure when the full interview will be aired.
I've got a few things to say about the lying, fraudulent c*nt too, but apparantley legally I can't.
West Country Exile

Post by West Country Exile »

The Brazillian government may have something to say about Kia's integrity too
Alf Garnett's (Ex) Missus
Has liked: 255 likes
Total likes: 196 likes

Post by Alf Garnett's (Ex) Missus »

C&P BBC
See the whole of the interview with Kia Joorabchian on Saturday's Football Focus (BBC One, 1210 BST).
There you go - you can now all hurl obsenities at the TV Saturday
carnage
Has liked: 84 likes
Total likes: 707 likes

Post by carnage »

:lol:
Los Martillos
Total likes: 1 like

Re: Kia Joorabchian on radio 4 this morning.

Post by Los Martillos »

hammerdivone wrote: I've got a few things to say about the lying, fraudulent c*nt too, but apparantley legally I can't.
Me too
Andy

Post by Andy »

this bloke is the dodgiest **** in football - alledgedly

Whether or not he has things to say he should be banged up for his part in dragging our name through the ****
carnage

Post by carnage »

I dont know why Kia gets a going over on here. The Tevez affair wasnt his fault, irrespective of whether he is a fraud, which BG also is btw, and a convicted one at that.
Last edited by carnage on Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
happyhammer7

Post by happyhammer7 »

This guy is in serious danger of overtaking Lawro's as a prime time, sublime caaaaaaaaaaaant. However, McCabe is still the undisbuted champion!
Hambrosia Stu

Post by Hambrosia Stu »

carnage wrote:I dont know why Kia gets a going over on here. The Tevez affair wasnt his fault.
Because he's a sleazy slimy piece of ****, out for his own hole, and seems happy to ignore any sort of decency whilst making his money from bending the rules as far as he can

I agree the main finger of blame should be pointed at Terry Brown and all, for actually having anything to do with the slimeball, but there's no denying the slippery charlatan played a key role in the Tevez affair. It wouldn't have happened but for Kia
upton o'good
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 120 likes

Post by upton o'good »

I found the most interesting thing about it was the "I'd still like to own a prem league club".

Does he really not understand that he missed his chance. Who is gonna negotiate with him - he couldnt come up with the cash - even for a London club with our obvious potential. And he got us involved in a dodgy deal that cost us plenty...

I sppse maybe if Al Fayed want to bail out, Fulham might just be a possibility, other than that hard to see anyone accepting his advances.
bornblowingbubbles

Post by bornblowingbubbles »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 016149.stm
Kia Joorabchian, the agent who brought Carlos Tevez to the Premiership, still hopes to buy a Premier League club.
The Iranian businessman was linked with a takeover of West Ham last summer, before the London outfit were bought by an Icelandic consortium.

"If the right club with the right investment opportunity comes up, we'll look at it," he told Football Focus.

"We're still interested in having a Premier League club, but it's not for the very near future."

He added: "I still haven't made my mind up and I don't think anyone really knows when, or if, that would happen."

Joorabchian has also told the BBC that he still feels the Premier League needs to clarify its rules on third-party ownership following the controversial transfer of Carlos Tevez to West Ham.

The case of Tevez, whose economic rights are owned by companies that Joorabchian is involved with, rumbled on for several months and has led to numerous claims and counter claims from all parties involved.

"I think there needs to be clarity. I know a lot of players in the Premiership and other leagues are here in the same format that we've done, but in a hidden scheme."

However, the Premier League insist its rules on third-party ownership are clear and there is no need for clarification.

In short, it says third-party ownership is allowed, but contracts allowing a third party to exercise influence over a player or club are not.

See the whole of the interview with Kia Joorabchian on Saturday's Football Focus (BBC One, 1210 BST).
Any club would have to be crazy to let him anywhere near them, I wish he'd just crawl off somewhere and suffocate in all his corrupt money, just when we thought it was over he has to sneak back in again. Regardless of his dealings with Tevez he's wanted on money laundering and corruption charges in Brazil with Corinthians being touted as a front for some kind of mafia.

Given our complete lack of coverage on MotD and now this I'm beginning to think that the BBC really does have a vendetta against us.
Fionn

Post by Fionn »

upton o'good wrote:I found the most interesting thing about it was the "I'd still like to own a prem league club".
Does he really not understand that he missed his chance. Who is gonna negotiate with him - he couldnt come up with the cash - even for a London club with our obvious potential. And he got us involved in a dodgy deal that cost us plenty...

I sppse maybe if Al Fayed want to bail out, Fulham might just be a possibility, other than that hard to see anyone accepting his advances.
Sheffield United?
Hambrosia Stu

Post by Hambrosia Stu »

fkiely wrote: Sheffield United?
A match made in the depths of hell!
Royston: Republic d'Essex
Shaun Ryder changed my life
Location: Being told off: right in front of all the bell boys & the over-friendly concierge.

Post by Royston: Republic d'Essex »

carnage wrote:I dont know why Kia gets a going over on here. The Tevez affair wasnt his fault, irrespective of whether he is a fraud, which BG also is btw, and a convicted one at that.
Good point. Not widely understood because Eggert Magnusson is his public face.
Hambrosia Stu wrote:Because he's a sleazy slimy piece of sh*t, out for his own hole, and seems happy to ignore any sort of decency whilst making his money from bending the rules as far as he can
Like the piano-playing dog says - that's life...
Hambrosia Stu wrote:I agree the main finger of blame should be pointed at Terry Brown and all, for actually having anything to do with the slimeball, but there's no denying the slippery charlatan played a key role in the Tevez affair. It wouldn't have happened but for Kia
Yeah - we wouldn't have had Tevez in a West Ham shirt (something we'll be telling our grandkids about) if it wasn't for him... Makes me want to give him a big girly kiss on the bottom, frankly.

Our problems last season were largely down to Uncle Tel not wanting to invest before he sold (understandably) and Alan Pardew's alleged indiscretions. It's hard to realistically point the finger at anyone else - except for individual players' form (Marlene, NRC) and maybe that big, dirty bruiser Shaun Wright-Phillips.

My feeling is that we're better off without him in charge of WHU but that's really down to him clearly not having the money to do the deal (which clearly indicated he'd fund further investment from me - either by hoiking my season ticket price or by making the pies £5 each like at Arsenal). Most businessmen with any amount of success will have been either very lucky or (more likely) a bit slippery and ruthless here and there. Richard Branson is reputedly an utter cock to work for, for example. As I see it, the main differences between Joorabchian and our Icelandic benefactor are as follows:

1. Joorabchian (as Carnage points out) doesn't have a fraud conviction, Bjorgolfur Gudmundsson has (book-keeping and embezzlement charges relating to the 1985 collapse of Hafskip Shipping). He's been a little bit woooo, a little bit waaaay* with a few rules here and there like payment rules in Brazil - but no convictions for actual fraud.

2. Bjorgolfur Gudmundsson clearly has more money to play with. He's ranked 799th on Forbes rich list (that's a global ranking) - his son, Thor is ranked #249 on the same list. Ker-ching! Say hello to Lucas Neill, Matthew Upson, Craig Bellamy, Kieron Dyer, Scott Parker, Freddie Ljungberg, Luis Boa Morte and (drum roll) last but not least, Nigel Quashie. If Kia Joorabchian was scratching around for the money to buy the club, my money says there's probably only one name on that list we'd have been able to afford - and it's the one that scores 19 in Scrabble with a 50 point bonus for using all your letters.

3. Bjorgolfur Gudmundsson's crew (principally through Eggert Magnusson's wide UEFA experience) understand football and the size of the task of bumping WHU from also-rans (you know it's true) to contenders. That's as opposed to really liking the idea of buying a club for £120m and getting £50m back in TV money alone in year one. That said, don't think Gudmundsson is Santa Claus. He's looking at the sums, just maybe a little further down the line, maybe.

4. Bjorgolfur Gudmundsson had Eggert Magnusson, a friendly-looking, grandfatherly figure head up the charge for West Ham. Santa has distracted flak by deploying a friendly elf. Kia Joorabchian on the other hand looks a bit foreign and his relative youth makes people even more suspicious.

All the boos and stone throwing is beneath us, people. We've had the better deal in terms of benefactors (so far as we can tell in September 2007) so what's the biggy? In a nutshell: we're in a good place for now - thanks for Tevez, Kia.

*See The Fast Show for details
Scaloni Is The Messiah

Post by Scaloni Is The Messiah »

It annoys me he's now done two big interviews since the end of July and they've been evenly spread out to keep his name/our story in the papers for as long as possible.
kitthehammer
Has liked: 74 likes
Total likes: 303 likes

Post by kitthehammer »

bornblowingbubbles wrote:http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 016149.stm
Any club would have to be crazy to let him anywhere near them, I wish he'd just crawl off somewhere and suffocate in all his corrupt money, just when we thought it was over he has to sneak back in again. Regardless of his dealings with Tevez he's wanted on money laundering and corruption charges in Brazil with Corinthians being touted as a front for some kind of mafia.

Given our complete lack of coverage on MotD and now this I'm beginning to think that the BBC really does have a vendetta against us.

Please buy Sheffield United, Please buy Sheffield United, Please buy Sheffield United, Please buy Sheffield United, Please buy Sheffield United, Please buy Sheffield United, Please buy Sheffield United, Please buy Sheffield United, Please buy Sheffield United, Please buy Sheffield United, Please buy Sheffield United, Please buy Sheffield United, Please buy Sheffield United, Please buy Sheffield United, Please buy Sheffield United, Please buy Sheffield United, Please buy Sheffield United, Please buy Sheffield United....
Hambrosia Stu

Post by Hambrosia Stu »

All good points Royston. I'm not suggesting our current owners are by any means whiter than white

And the fact he's "foreign looking" doesn't come into it, as far as I'm concerned. The fact he looks like a shifty ne'er-do-well has nothing to do with the colour of his skin (fwiw, I look more like Kia than the Egg, in terms of skin colour), more to do with him having the eyes of a liar

But it's blatantly obvious to me that he's a wrong 'un. The fact that he's so far avoided any conviction is to my mind more to do with him being sly and slippery, than him actually having nothing to answer for

Kia is a perfect example (I can't think of a better example) of the types football would do better without. Using the game to make his money, with little regard for what is actually good for the game

I'm so glad our club has no links to him now (and despite having a lot of love for the little fella, I was glad to see Tevez go), and pity any club that has anything to do with him in the future
carnage

Post by carnage »

Hambrosia Stu wrote: Because he's a sleazy slimy piece of sh*t, out for his own hole, and seems happy to ignore any sort of decency whilst making his money from bending the rules as far as he can

I agree the main finger of blame should be pointed at Terry Brown and all, for actually having anything to do with the slimeball, but there's no denying the slippery charlatan played a key role in the Tevez affair. It wouldn't have happened but for Kia
Every business bends rules as far as it can to a certain extent.
The Tevez affair was Browns fault(and Aldridges), not Kia's. Both players are now leagally playing in this Country for 2 top Clubs. Why couldnt something similar of been negotiated by Brown or Aldridge?

Because they are both greedy c**** who used Kia to get the price up.
Royston: Republic d'Essex
Shaun Ryder changed my life
Location: Being told off: right in front of all the bell boys & the over-friendly concierge.

Post by Royston: Republic d'Essex »

Hambrosia Stu wrote: And the fact he's "foreign looking" doesn't come into it, as far as I'm concerned.
My suggestion was by no means aimed at any individual posting on here so far - but was more a general suggestion that would apply to the thinking of certain sections of our fanbase.

I like the bit about him having funny eyes - don't trust a man whose eyes are too close together/far apart etc. :lol: