West Ham sold

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Jud

Re: West Ham for sale (the fat lady is on her way)

Post by Jud »

He also just said if he's not involved in football until the summer it wouldn't bother him...
Wade

Post by Wade »

Fernandes still doing nothing

what a surprise

Sullivan and Gold will get the club......... all this other party talk is just all juiced up to make G & S up their first offer and its worked hasnt it.
mushy
Has liked: 651 likes
Total likes: 871 likes

Post by mushy »

Jud wrote:David Sullivan on 5Live now said he and DG are actively looking at half a dozen clubs now (not all prem) - but he won't/can't comment on West Ham.

He reckons he's looked at about 20 clubs in total since leaving Brum.
Which debunks every theory that Gold and Sullivan would be good for the club because as some on here believe they are West Ham supporters. They could not give a flying one and thats why they are looking at any club that can make them a profit. The only thing going for them as has been pointed out to me already is that if they make a profit then surely as a club we are better off. Not only that they have to be better then the present owners -all well and good but surely anyone would be better then the present idiots.

Be careful what you wish for, Gold and Sullivan will take relegation and lack of investment as a given.
Gold and Sullivan are in it for themselves -lets not get deluded into thinking that they are supporters like us, they want to maximise their investment and will do all it takes to make sure that happens. Whether or not this is a good thing is yet to be seen.
There is no sentimentality in football anymore, these guys are here to make money (from us), end of.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1976 likes
Total likes: 1657 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

Posted very few on this particular thread..

Why is everyone concerned WHO Intermarket are...??? Shirley the only people they need to inform is: Rothschild and the Premier League...

The day when investors need to inform the peanut gallery are far and away...Shareholders are the only ones who need informing in the event of a takeover I would imagine...we'll as usual, be the LAST ones.....

Sad but true.....
FDiMcA
teh
Location: Locked in a cellar, not sure where but I can smell hotdogs

Post by FDiMcA »

Chuck D wrote:
Nani discovery?

f***ing hell.

Seriously Fids, I'm glad you mentioned that Nani found him, on Arsene Wenger's list of players whose contracts run out soon.
CHUCK WTF :shock: im surprised at you!

and disapointed.

Nani found Chamakh, you know he keeps finding players, as soon as he is linked to a player richer clubs buy them.
That new bloke at City? Google Nani Viera, he spotted him when scouting Jiminez
mushy
Has liked: 651 likes
Total likes: 871 likes

Post by mushy »

goof wrote:As i have said before i am a hammers fan living in birmingham for six years now and have witnessed the blues go down twice and with the exception of dugary the owners never did anything to stop it. All my friends here are taken the piss long gone will be the days of signing any player over 3 million we will stagnate and do nothing i just hope intermarket come good. whats 24 hours for a 100 mill.
Find me a Birmingham city supporter who thinks G&S were good for them and I will eat my cock.
I tell you know that they will be hated more than the Cearns and Brown put together.
FDiMcA
teh

Post by FDiMcA »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote:
Why is everyone concerned WHO Intermarket are...???

Shirley the only people they need to inform is: Rothschild and the Premier League...

The day when investors need to inform the peanut gallery are far and away

:thup:

Its human nature isnt it, the sort of mentality that makes people want a known quantity with experience like Dyer over a lucky dip like Savio or Behrami. Its to do with the safety of the cave, fear of the dark,

things that go bump in the night :shock:
FDiMcA
teh

Post by FDiMcA »

goof wrote: a hammers fan living in birmingham for six years now

witnessed the blues go down twice and with the exception of dugary the owners never did anything to stop it.

we will stagnate and do nothing .
:thup:
mushy wrote: Find me a Birmingham city supporter who thinks G&S were good for them and I will eat my cock.
I tell you know that they will be hated more than the Cearns and Brown put together.
:clap:
FDiMcA
teh

Post by FDiMcA »

Jud wrote: David Sullivan on 5Live now said he and DG are actively looking at half a dozen clubs now (not all prem) - but he won't/can't comment on West Ham.
He reckons he's looked at about 20 clubs in total since leaving Brum.
does this sound like some preemptive "Am I bovered", from the slime bag?
Some reports suggesting all Inter need do is prove funds, and Sullivan starts going on about having other things to look at

Go on go on ask West Ham out............well what did she say?
"she said shes met someone else, but I dont care coz theres loads of others and they all want me, never liked her anyway"

mushy wrote: Gold and Sullivan

some on here believe they are West Ham supporters. They could not give a flying one

Be careful what you wish for, Gold and Sullivan will take relegation and lack of investment as a given.
Gold and Sullivan are in it for themselves -lets not get deluded into thinking that they are supporters like us,
WoodgateHammer

Post by WoodgateHammer »

mickfbrown wrote:An American group, favoured by the banks that are owed nearly £50 million by West Ham, withdrew because its request for exclusive talks was rejected.
-
Sounds like CityHammer was right with "An envelope is slowly being removed"
smfc

Post by smfc »

Interesting the Times and Mirror stories match up very closely indeed (apart from one area) and they are 2 papers not known for their... ahem... close links. So either they both have story right or one of the journos is doing his copy from The Tines Online ("Journo in lazy b*stard shocker!"). There are a lot of parallels with regard to City Hammers post last night too ("Cityhammer is Mirror Journo shocker")

Lets hope they both have the story right and things are moving swiftly to a conclusion, I ****ing hope so I can't take any more of this thread. It's like crack - it's great fun at the time but you know its slowly eating your brain and you regret it every time you put it down.

For what its worth I called the only person I now know at the club today - he wouldn't take me call (never happened before). So either someone has now told him I shagged his sister last year or he didn't want to talk to me and give anything away about takeover talks. lets hope its not the sister option or I'm proper ****ed :P
Hammer_scout51

Post by Hammer_scout51 »

This waiting is doing all our eads in.

Theres a story in the times saying Intermarket missed the deadline. Fernandes failed to submit a bid which just leaves Gold and Sullivan.

The thought of that really leaves me cold. Brown was supposedly a fan yet he milked the club dry over 15 years or so. Put sweet FA and pulled over 30 million out.

These 2 also claim to be fans yet are trying to buy the club on the cheap. Which to me means their motives are at best dubious.

I really hope the Times story isn't true and the club are bought by a group that want success on the field of play. Not a group who want to line their own deep pockets in Terry Brown tradition.
beckton

Post by beckton »

goof wrote:As i have said before i am a hammers fan living in birmingham for six years now and have witnessed the blues go down twice and with the exception of dugary the owners never did anything to stop it.
Upson.
beex
Planet Of The Apes

Post by beex »

smfc wrote:("Cityhammer is Mirror Journo shocker")
Comes across as more like Rothschilds or similar to me?
Too nice to be a journo :wink:
LeonRivers
Has liked: 1035 likes
Total likes: 394 likes

Post by LeonRivers »

Hammer_scout51 wrote:These 2 also claim to be fans yet are trying to buy the club on the cheap. Which to me means their motives are at best dubious.
Really? Less money spent buying the club equals more money to spend on players.
davids cross
Uncle David
Has liked: 672 likes
Total likes: 1308 likes

Post by davids cross »

Hammer_scout51 wrote: These 2 also claim to be fans yet are trying to buy the club on the cheap
No they aren't. And if it were true then another group should easily trump their cheap offer, No ?
Hammer_scout51 wrote: Which to me means their motives are at best dubious.
See above posters answer

Eastbourne Hammer

Post by Eastbourne Hammer »

beckton wrote:As i have said before i am a hammers fan living in birmingham for six years now and have witnessed the blues go down twice and with the exception of dugary the owners never did anything to stop it.
goof wrote:Upson.
Ok, apart from Dugarry, Upson, sanitation, irrigation and the roads....... What have Gold & Sullivan ever done for Brum?
beckton

Post by beckton »

Hammer_scout51 wrote:These 2 also claim to be fans yet are trying to buy the club on the cheap. Which to me means their motives are at best dubious.
LeonRivers wrote:Really? Less money spent buying the club equals more money to spend on players.

Why give more money to a bunch of Icelandic bankers that have ****ed up their countries economy than you have to?

I can't get my head around this idea that people think G&S should pay top dollar to prove they are real fans.

I have no idea whether they would be good for West Ham in the long run or not but Brum fans moaning about them has to be taken in the context that Birmingham City have always been in Villa's shadow and have one f*** all in their whole history.
beckton

Post by beckton »

Eastbourne Hammer are you a journalist?

You have totally misquoted me and put someone else's words into my mouth!

:lol:

Breen, Dailly or Upson, you decide?
Hammer_scout51

Post by Hammer_scout51 »

Davids Cross said

No they aren't. And if it were true then another group should easily trump their cheap offer, No ?

That has happened with intermarket to my knowledge. I hear they do have the money in place.

All the time straumur have said they are prepared to hang onto us for 3 years. Their holding company
has owned us for 7 months. I believe they are still prepared to keep to the original business plan.

So lets hope i'm 100% wrong and G&S prove themselves, if they succeed in buying our club.