Savio - in general

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Fionn

Re: Savio - signed

Post by Fionn »

Oh, young Savio's pure magic
He wears a magic hat,
We signed him straight from Italy
After Bellamy threw a spat
He's not sure where he comes from
But now he's claret and blue
And when he plays for West Ham
He's cockney through and through
smuts
Has liked: 1533 likes
Total likes: 1493 likes

Post by smuts »

I'm a little bit perplexed by this to be honest.....
£5 million odd on a 19 year old winger from Serie B.........I suppose it's the Nani/Brescia connection which leaves me slightly uncomfortable......but who knows?

If we had kept Bellamy I would be chuffed that we spent dosh on a prospect....but I really don't know if we have enough goals in the team now...... :?
V-M
Has liked: 54 likes
Total likes: 59 likes

Post by V-M »

Fionn Kiely wrote:Oh, young Savio's pure magic
He wears a magic hat,
We signed him straight from Italy
After Bellamy threw a spat
He's not sure where he comes from
But now he's claret and blue
And when he plays for West Ham
He's cockney through and through
With his height he'll need it :lol:
westhamerica
Has liked: 56 likes
Total likes: 43 likes

Post by westhamerica »

smuts wrote: If we had kept Bellamy I would be chuffed that we spent dosh on a prospect....but I really don't know if we have enough goals in the team now...... :?
No worries, Carlton Cole is a bonafied goal poacher now.
resus

Post by resus »

Well done. :thup: I am pleased with this signing.

Welcome to the Hammers family Savio! :raver: :crest:
pablo jaye
Has liked: 2609 likes
Total likes: 937 likes

Post by pablo jaye »

Looking forward to seeing Savio play and hope he gets enough time to adapt to the rigours of the Premiership. He does look a bit slight but from Zola's KMB interview, it looks like he'll nurture him anyway.
shaunieboy

Post by shaunieboy »

After reading some of the things on here I dread to think what will make people happy, it seems that already that some folks want him to turn out **** so they can have a good old moan , I knew he was **** blah blah blah. I think he's an excellent buy and Zola (even though it was Nani's recommendation) will know how about a footballer's attributes and technical abilities so therefore I really look forward to being entertained by this young chap, and for once don't forget that those who moaned that Curbs had no pulling power, well we now have a manager who talented players will want to play for, a bit like Chelsea under Gullit/Vialli , this is the appointment we should have made when Arry got the bullet.

I just glad we don't look at the types like Bullard, Hunt, Doyle, etc etc etc who are average at best , yet people cream their pants over them , at last it looks like we are only buying quality and potential quality , long may it last.

:crest:
Heysel76
Has liked: 216 likes
Total likes: 105 likes

Post by Heysel76 »

I'm happy with this signing, but hope Major's prediction of more to come is correct.
Junco Partner
Location: Paquetta, he's played it through...and Bowen's in...ITS UP FOR GRABS NOW!"
Has liked: 562 likes
Total likes: 921 likes

Post by Junco Partner »

Until we see the lad play no one can tell just how big a gamble it was to blow the wedge on him, I'd be quite happy not to see much of him until late in the season, allow him time to adjust.

I'm glad we've taken the gamble though, sounds exactly the type of bright prospect we need to succeed as a team and a club, and I'm glad Zola showed the guts to take such a gamble.

As others have said it's the message the signing sends as much as the signing itself which is positive:
Every penny raised isn't sent straight to Iceland.
Zola / Nani / Duxburry seem to work well together and have the autonomy to do what they feel is right.
The board have kept their word RE: the Bellamy money.
We no longer provide a last payday for ageing journeymen pro's but are now thinking about the long-term future.

All good in my book.
Italian Hammer
Total likes: 297 likes

Post by Italian Hammer »

So to summarise the opinions of those who have posted on this thread:

a) a lot of people expect Savio to walk out on to the pitch and play like Zidane week in, week out, and when he doesn't, he'll be sh@t and we'll be told so;

b) because he played for Brescia, and not for Real Madrid, he must be sh@t and thus what we spent on him is money spunked up against the wall; or

c) a minority have decided that he is only 19, has potential and should be given time to adjust and develop under the guidance of Zola and Clarke.

Personally, I put him in the last group. I can see him coming off the bench if we are chasing a game, or maybe even starting if his pace can cause problems to the opposing full back. What I cannot see is Zola and Clarke risking his confidence being destroyed by the fickle/over-expectant UP crowd if he has a bad match.
Eggchaser
Has liked: 1877 likes
Total likes: 479 likes

Post by Eggchaser »

Chuck D wrote: Julian Lennon......
Not Julien Faubert :D

hammer2192

Post by hammer2192 »

http://www.goal.com/en/news/735/west-ha ... to-himself" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Gianfranco Zola is clearly pleased that West Ham United were today able to complete the signing of Ugandan-born German Under-20 international Savio Nsereko from Italian outfit Brescia.

The player is the Hammers' record signing, with the East London outfit believed to have paid the Italians £9 million to have secured the striker's services. And the Hammers coach plainly thinks that such a deal represents considerable value for money.

"We have been following Savio for a while. I saw him on tape a long time ago and I have seen him on television recently. I think he is very similar to the player I was when I was 19-years-old," Zola told reporters earlier.

"When I was that age I was not the same player I was later, but I was very good at taking players on and that is one of the main qualities that makes the difference between a normal player and a special player."

The Italian also felt that the player would benefit from the coaching expertise available at West Ham, not least his own presence at the training ground, adding: "He is already a top player, but on top of that he needs to build other qualities and that is why he is here. I am going to try to give him the other bits that are missing in his game to take him a step higher.

"I think he is the type of player who catches the eye, but he is 19 and he has a lot to learn – but he is not a risk. We know he has the potential to become a really great player but the fans must be patient with him."

Nsereko would not be rushed or pressured into performing either, the Irons' boss insisted, with that large price tag, the sixth highest fee ever paid for a German player and a West Ham record, hopefully not proving a millstone round the player's neck.

Zola went on: "He will become an important player but we have to allow him time to get used to the rhythm of the Premier League. I am confident he will, he is a strong boy and he is mature."

Nsereko is inline to make his Hammers debut at Upton Park tomorrow night against Hull City, when he may come up against Hull's new signing Jimmy Bullard, who has shaken off the effects of a virus to be passed fit for action today.
claretcloggy

Post by claretcloggy »

Heysel76 wrote:I'm happy with this signing, but hope Major's prediction of more to come is correct.
what you got some ITK info?tell me more please :shock:
BLT319

Post by BLT319 »

claretcloggy wrote: what you got some ITK info?tell me more please :shock:
no.. major said earlier that some " guy " told him that were going to make 2 more signings.
FDiMcA
teh
Location: Locked in a cellar, not sure where but I can smell hotdogs

Post by FDiMcA »

BLT319 wrote: no.. major said earlier that some " guy " told him that were going to make 2 more signings.
Did Major already post anything about Joe Cole?
MD_HM
Has liked: 35 likes
Total likes: 343 likes

Post by MD_HM »

Out for the season Joe Cole?
FDiMcA
teh
Location: Locked in a cellar, not sure where but I can smell hotdogs

Post by FDiMcA »

MD_HM wrote:Out for the season Joe Cole?
spoil sport
Couttsy

Post by Couttsy »

I'd love to see Joe Cole sign!!! Out for the season but always a hammer... as long as we don't get robbed signing him :lol:
Alan Pardew's Dad
Has liked: 860 likes
Total likes: 673 likes

Post by Alan Pardew's Dad »

I love the fact that he was badge-kissing after his first goal and just before he buggered off to WHU.

Expect a similar show after he scores a hatrick against 'boro in the last game of the season, before signing for Man City. :wink:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=o1FgovBTcNc
Matt of iron

Post by Matt of iron »

First goal was cracking.