Alessandro Diamanti

The very best posts from KUMB over the years ...

Moderator: Gnome

Post Reply
User avatar
rare as rockinghorse shat
Posts: 54926
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2005 2:43 am
Location: Sponsor my SkyDive for Mind - mental health - http://bit.ly/rars-skydive

Re: Alessandro Diamanti

Post by rare as rockinghorse shat » Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:19 pm

rare as rockinghorse shat wrote:It doesn't require a repetitive vitriol of abuse each time as a response.
Tel The Hammer wrote:Says the man who has wishes AIDS on some players :lol:

Diamanti is not the answer.
Terrance, it's not the point.

My point was not what you say, it's your constant need to keep saying it anytime someone has something remotely positive to say about the player.

User avatar
Tel The Hammer
Chesney Hawkes
Posts: 10337
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2005 8:43 pm
Location: A Crazy Man's Utopia

Re: Alessandro Diamanti

Post by Tel The Hammer » Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:25 pm

Same could be said for you anytime someone says something negative about Gabbidon...

User avatar
rare as rockinghorse shat
Posts: 54926
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2005 2:43 am
Location: Sponsor my SkyDive for Mind - mental health - http://bit.ly/rars-skydive

Re: Alessandro Diamanti

Post by rare as rockinghorse shat » Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:35 pm

Is it?

User avatar
Tel The Hammer
Chesney Hawkes
Posts: 10337
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2005 8:43 pm
Location: A Crazy Man's Utopia

Re: Alessandro Diamanti

Post by Tel The Hammer » Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:38 pm

No.

hammer on
Posts: 81
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:07 pm

Re: Alessandro Diamanti

Post by hammer on » Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:33 pm

The guy is supposed to be a forward,why not play him next to,or a bit behind CC?

User avatar
stu1
Posts: 6927
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:57 pm

Re: Alessandro Diamanti

Post by stu1 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:37 pm

hammer on wrote:The guy is supposed to be a forward,why not play him next to,or a bit behind CC?
He is the only player in the squad (except an injured Collison) we have capable of playing in an advanced central role who has any creativity or goal threat what so ever.

If some suggests Noble.........................................well please please just dont

Irons Man
Posts: 500
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:21 pm
Location: DON'T YOU KNOW WHO I THINK I AM?

Re: Alessandro Diamanti

Post by Irons Man » Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:51 pm

Hes **** on the wing because hes not a winger.

But hes **** in the centre because he just shoots all game, hes a one trick pony and his trick isnt even very good considering he struggles to hit the target.

Some fans are clearly obsessed with him and the only reason I can think of is that they like his flamboyance.

If he was 20 then there could be room for improvement, but he 27. The fact that we sold our best defender to buy the useless twat makes it that much worse.

Hes from Prato, how fitting.

User avatar
JonG86
Posts: 5686
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2006 4:35 pm

Re: Alessandro Diamanti

Post by JonG86 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:55 pm

Irons Man wrote:But hes sh*t in the centre because he just shoots all game, hes a one trick pony and his trick isnt even very good considering he struggles to hit the target.
How many times have you seen him play there?

ooh look who it is
Posts: 8524
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:29 am
Location: I'm a reasonable guy. But, I've just experienced some very unreasonable things.

Re: Alessandro Diamanti

Post by ooh look who it is » Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:55 pm

Irons Man wrote:Hes sh*t on the wing because hes not a winger.

But hes sh*t in the centre because he just shoots all game, hes a one trick pony and his trick isnt even very good considering he struggles to hit the target.

Some fans are clearly obsessed with him and the only reason I can think of is that they like his flamboyance.

Hes from Prato, how fitting.
Image

User avatar
Ozza
Posts: 15789
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2004 4:41 pm
Location: Karens Tash

Re: Alessandro Diamanti

Post by Ozza » Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:56 pm

his nose is out of joint since they binned Zola, was always going to be, move him on pronto I say

User avatar
warp
Posts: 13899
Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:13 am
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Re: Alessandro Diamanti

Post by warp » Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:01 pm

diamanti is not a forward.
he's an attacking midfielder, he'd be great behind two strikers, or behind one.
he cannot play as side mid in a 4-4-2, 'cos he doesn't know what defense is.
he could be a half-decent winger in a 4-3-3 for a few games, but is not his role.

I think he should be given a chance played in the right position, he may have learnt something after last year.


he's a row-Z-shooter, ok, but is better than passing the ball to the opponent's defense 'cos you don't have a clue of what to do.
at least you can win corners, get a lucky deflection, and some times even score!
plus set pieces.

User avatar
Neil.C
Posts: 411
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:01 pm

Re: Alessandro Diamanti

Post by Neil.C » Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:19 pm

At least when Diamanti gets the ball I think something might happen.

I don't really feel that about many of the current team. :(

User avatar
Yea Why Not
Posts: 16953
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:49 pm
Location: Chips & Gravy you say? Well you can shove that up your ass

Re: Alessandro Diamanti

Post by Yea Why Not » Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:20 pm

Diamanti in a nut shell.........

Irons Man wrote:Hes sh*t on the wing because hes not a winger.

But hes sh*t in the centre because he just shoots all game, hes a one trick pony and his trick isnt even very good considering he struggles to hit the target.
.

User avatar
Yea Why Not
Posts: 16953
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:49 pm
Location: Chips & Gravy you say? Well you can shove that up your ass

Re: Alessandro Diamanti

Post by Yea Why Not » Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:21 pm

warp wrote:diamanti is not a forward.
he's an attacking midfielder,.
Says who? I have been told he was a striker for the past year :lol:

imo his position should be on the bench. Used as an impact sub or not at all

User avatar
hobokenhammer
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:58 pm
Location: Nevada Smiths, NYC

Re: Alessandro Diamanti

Post by hobokenhammer » Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:26 pm

spot-on description!

User avatar
rare as rockinghorse shat
Posts: 54926
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2005 2:43 am
Location: Sponsor my SkyDive for Mind - mental health - http://bit.ly/rars-skydive

Re: Alessandro Diamanti

Post by rare as rockinghorse shat » Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:28 pm

Edit:

I promised myself I wouldn't...

User avatar
wayneo1974
Posts: 3092
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:12 pm
Location: The swingers club

Re: Alessandro Diamanti

Post by wayneo1974 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:31 pm

Diamanti would defo be better if he grew his hair long like when he first joined :)

User avatar
Matt of iron
Posts: 14524
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:14 pm
Location: Studying Duckernomics with Chuck D.

Re: Alessandro Diamanti

Post by Matt of iron » Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:33 pm

We have to play him on the left wing, he is epic there!

travisbickle
Posts: 664
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:03 pm

Re: Alessandro Diamanti

Post by travisbickle » Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:39 pm

he needs to take that f***ing bandage off his arm for a start. Then look up whne you have the ball. Then pass the ball. And learn to f***ing track back and tackle.

fmgod
Posts: 15982
Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2006 12:54 pm

Re: Alessandro Diamanti

Post by fmgod » Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:49 pm

He has tricks and flick but he's all style no substance, he's not good enough for this league theres a reason he came from Serie B and we were the only ones interested.

Post Reply