" Can you identify these people?"

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

billyslack

Re: " Can you identify these people?"

Post by billyslack »

If only that wall hadn't been so tall i'd have been over it and on the pitch myself but last time i did a pitch invasion was wembley 77. Anyone need a crossbar ?? :lol: :lol: :lol:
londonrebel

Post by londonrebel »

billyslack wrote:If only that wall hadn't been so tall i'd have been over it and on the pitch myself but last time i did a pitch invasion was wembley 77. Anyone need a crossbar ?? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I would have needed a ladder lol,

I watched in amazement as that woman was helped onto the pitch with her Matalan handbag and then off again, only that time by the stewards. How embarrassing for her and her family, what was she thinking.

Our weekly rag has been running a 'West Ham thugs page, have recognised a few lads, not known for being voilent just stupid enough to get carried away.
Rodney
FKA hammer123

Post by Rodney »

I know one of these idiots :lol: He has revived a life time ban from West Ham and is due in court today and will probably get a naughty fine
brownout
Has liked: 91 likes
Total likes: 174 likes

Post by brownout »

There seems to be nothing being said about the investigation into the stabbing and trying to find a real criminal.
dan1984

Post by dan1984 »

brownout wrote:There seems to be nothing being said about the investigation into the stabbing and trying to find a real criminal.

Because that involves the police to actually doing some work instead of sitting in front of a screen all day looking at people celebrating a goal!!
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 759 likes
Total likes: 2942 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

Perhaps this is all part of Dux'x masterplan to explain all the empty seats .

"we would have sold all the tickets but unfortunately we issued 9,000 life bans "
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 1980 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

brownout wrote:There seems to be nothing being said about the investigation into the stabbing and trying to find a real criminal.
On the basis that, if there were arrests (and I thought I heard there had been), it should be left to the courts?

That happened outside the ground and would be exclusively a police matter.
hammer etc
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 106 likes

Post by hammer etc »

We'll find out more when the "Ive been banned for life club" starts in the snug. :lol:
Iron Spine v2.0
Location: You don't wanna go and eat a snack like that! You'll end up with your teeth all grey,

Post by Iron Spine v2.0 »

hammer etc wrote:We'll find out more when the "Ive been banned for life club" starts in the snug. :lol:
:lol:
delbert
Has liked: 699 likes
Total likes: 698 likes

Post by delbert »

comeonyouirons wrote: Oh, OK. I suppose it was highly likely that all will be tracked down. Shame the OB can't fight real crime on the streets.
They had a go at that as well, outside The Queens....... :lol:
leveller

Post by leveller »

dan1984 wrote:Because that involves the police to actually doing some work instead of sitting in front of a screen all day looking at people celebrating a goal!!
So true. The fact that a criminal investigation of this scale has been launched into people celebrating a goal is a farce quite frankly. Pitch invasion is at best a trivial offence and at worst an offence that shouldn't even be a criminal matter (my opinion). It is like posting pictures of people in public places not wearing their seat belts whilst driving and then making dawn raids on their houses to arrest them. The police DO have much more important matters to deal with.

prophet:marginal wrote:On the basis that, if there were arrests (and I thought I heard there had been), it should be left to the courts?

That happened outside the ground and would be exclusively a police matter.
The club have a social responsibility to the local community to aid the police in investigating "large scale disorder" carried out by people claiming to represent the club and even their opposition. After all they were there because of the football match taking place and wouldn't have been otherwise. Therefore if the club are going to go about posting wanted pictures they should do so for criminal offences that are not trival and involve violence and / or attacks on innocent people.
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 1980 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

I didn't realise the stabbing was caught on camera, though. If not, how can they present 'wanted' pictures of the event?
gravesendhammer

Post by gravesendhammer »

And more....

http://www.whufc.com/page/News/0,,12562~1838053,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

X7 looks like Simon Cowell :think:
BR7 Hammer

Post by BR7 Hammer »

are they really trying to ban pitch invaders? or discreetly trying to stop people wearing flat-caps in the ground by rooting out the ring-leaders?
Iron-ic x

Post by Iron-ic x »

Up the Junction wrote:I see the ICF are going to great lengths in order to keep their identities protected these days ...

It's almost as if those have been carefully selected by someone to show the least offensive pitch-invaders possible ...

My opinion is that she's been cut and pasted in, she clearly looks as if she is having fun running around in the sales trying to grab the odd bargain before the shops shut....
Le Rascal de Boleyn
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by Le Rascal de Boleyn »

X135 is Jabba the Hutt, surely!

I'd wondered what he'd been up to since 1983, what with evolution of CGI making film roles for him harder to come by.
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2426 likes
Total likes: 2637 likes

Post by sendô »

gravesendhammer wrote:And more....

http://www.whufc.com/page/News/0,,12562~1838053,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

X7 looks like Simon Cowell :think:
Z5 is a blurry James Collins
X8 is Slaven Bilic
X120 is Lee Bowyer
clawhammer
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 20 likes

Post by clawhammer »

It seems like most of the "Boys of '86" ran on to celebrate the goal! What are they like? Tch!!!
k-r-c
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 211 likes

Post by k-r-c »

Someone i know who went on the pitch:

3 year ban from football grounds
life ban from West Ham
£300 fine.

Seems to be the norm for pitch invaders.

Also police saying this will go on for many months. If t wasnt for the world cup bid they reckon the punishments wouldnt be so bad but the home office really wants them to clamp down and make examples.
clawhammer
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 20 likes

Post by clawhammer »

That is way too harsh for the pitch invaders. Maybe for the people fighting in the corner!!! When you put it in the context of the Police not even bothering to investigate a whole raft of what most of us would think of as real crimes and the lack of real punishment for those that do get to court then justice is not being done. Those who ran on were mostly stupid or drunk or immature or a combination. Maybe the bans could be lifted after the fuss has died down. I suppose £300 might make the half-witted think again about running on the pitch though.