Transfer Window: Summer 2012

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

bobd_uk
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 75 likes

Re: Summer 2012 Transfer and Rumours Thread

Post by bobd_uk »

I don't think we need to sign loads of first teamers, but we do have a need for a fair number of squad players. As of July 1, we will only own 1 goalkeeper. We currently only have 2 centre backs. We have no left back at all.

I reckon 2-3 first teamers and 3-4 players as cover is needed.
Yea Why Not
Location: Chips & Gravy you say? Well you can shove that up your ass

Post by Yea Why Not »

Sky Sports sources understand Steve Clarke is set to be named West Brom's new manager in the next 24 hours

Interesting
Bobby Orangeboom

Post by Bobby Orangeboom »

Ooooooohhhh that makes the " 3 to go down " thread more clearer for me.. :wink:
Bernie Bilic
Location: Turn on GPS and wireless networks in location settings
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by Bernie Bilic »

Reading thru the last few pages i see we're apparently interested in Michael Kightly, I think a better option would be Anthony Pilkington of Norwich, he's young, had a good season in the Prem scoring a few goals; and he can play on either wing or through the middle. He was bought from Huddersfield for 2mil so a bid of 4.5m to test the water, then maybe 6m bid could get him? :think:

Still early days yet, but i reckon we could have another decent transfer window, well, hoping more like. And would love to get Daniel Agger; however unlikely he'd ever come to us.
rare as rockinghorse shat
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 78 likes

Post by rare as rockinghorse shat »

Off Topic

Bernie

You still working at the Sarah Moore, or was that just a temporary thing?
window74
Location: 5000 miles away in NC & yet only minutes away from Wembley!
Has liked: 662 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by window74 »

Bobby Orangeboom wrote:Ooooooohhhh that makes the " 3 to go down " thread more clearer for me.. :wink:
Yep same here my fine fellow!
aaronwhufc

Post by aaronwhufc »

Singaporeiron wrote:Eng13

Thats relegation sorted then fella

Reid is not going to hack it in the PL and should be considered as a bit player and cover and I'd be tempted to push him to RB anyway.

Rhodes, no thanks, wonder in the lower leagues untried at the top

Even GM at left back worries me in the PL

Sam needs two decent centre halves, a LB a creative m/f playmaker a pacey winger and a decent forward to play up front with cole. Keeper backup to henderson, then jussi or robinson (although I don't imagin robinson will play second fiddle)
Honestly, this is the worst post I've read on the forums all year. What makes you think Reid won't hack it? His 7 PL apps in 2010-2011 where he was played out of position at RB? I.E: Where you want to play him?

Did you watch us during the relegation season? Do you remember that first game against Villa where he was played RB?

Flipping hell. That "Bit Part" player is at a similar level to Tomkins for me. This season at least.
Yea Why Not

Post by Yea Why Not »

Bobby Orangeboom wrote:Ooooooohhhh that makes the " 3 to go down " thread more clearer for me.. :wink:
window74 wrote: Yep same here my fine fellow!
I've had West Brom from the start. Page 1, unedited.... West Brom, Reading, Swansea

It's a sure thing
Bernie Bilic
Location: Turn on GPS and wireless networks in location settings
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by Bernie Bilic »

rare as rockinghorse shat wrote:Off Topic

Bernie

You still working at the Sarah Moore, or was that just a temporary thing?
Left a while back mate, haven't been in there for about a year.
Czech Hammer
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by Czech Hammer »

Singaporeiron wrote:Eng13

Thats relegation sorted then fella

Reid is not going to hack it in the PL and should be considered as a bit player
aaronwhufc wrote:
Honestly, this is the worst post I've read on the forums all year.
I don't know about worst post all year, but I agree with aaronwhufc.

For me, Reid was one of the players of the season, I was very impressed with him as the season went on, and I would be more than happy going into the start of the season with Tomkins and Reid as our centre backs.

He did not have a crack at the prem last time round, and should not be judged by his performances out of position as aaron rightly says.

Considering the decent World Cup he had, which brought him to our attention in the first place, and the teams NZ faced in the tournament, I can't see how it can be justified to say Reid wont hack it in the top division.

I look forward to seeing him in the premiership, and am pretty sure he will prove Singapore and the rest of his doubters (if there are any) wrong
Shrink

Post by Shrink »

Hi All,

Just to confirm as someone who knows Michael. As far as I am aware there is no truth in the rumour that we are after him.
Gummi

Post by Gummi »

Michael who?

Kenny set to leave QPR, surely that's Green in.
Shrink

Post by Shrink »

Gummi wrote:Michael who?

Kenny set to leave QPR, surely that's Green in.
Kightly. I would think Green to QPR has to be an absolute front runner!
continental skills
Has liked: 44 likes
Total likes: 19 likes

Post by continental skills »

Puff Daddy wrote:All this talk of Pitroipa has suddenly jogged my memory of where I remember him from. It was from when he was playing for Hamburg in an UEFA Cup semi a couple of years ago against Werder Bremen. The first leg was a very tight affair and I think one of the two teams took a slender lead into the return leg. With the scores locked on aggregate going into half time, somebody threw a beer can onto the pitch down near the corner flag, The ball was rolling out of play when suddenly a speedy left winger, whom I think might have been Pitroipa, took a gamble and chased it, when suddenly the ball hit the beer can and it changed trajectory, completely wrong footing a defender a goal resulted !! It was a fantastic assist from the beer can. I cant remember now which of the two teams made it through to the final but I made the beer can man of the match. Anybody else recall this ? I think 'HamburgHammer' might
Except it did not happen like that. Near the corner flag, a Hamburg defender went to play the ball that was on its way out of play back to his own goalkeeper. The ball hit a screwed up ball of paper lying on the pitch, not a beer can, just as the defender played it, knocking the ball out for a corner, from which Werder scored.
Dont know what you had been drinking to make a beer can man of the match.
Werder won the game 3-2, incidentally.

Oh, and Pitroipa was pretty crap for most of his time at Hamburg.
He was decent enough in the second division with Freiburg, but think that was his level.
The kind of player who, on his day, will have a couple of good moments on the ball and score the odd goal. Nothing more than that. I remember him consistently knocking the ball too far forward for himself whenever he had the space to run on goal.
And he was always played as a striker in Germany, not a right back.
Gummi

Post by Gummi »

Yeah, afaik I know it's a done deal from January if QPR stayed up. And they did, so.... Loftus Rd :D

I thought Owen
Yea Why Not

Post by Yea Why Not »

Gummi wrote:Yeah, afaik I know it's a done deal from January if QPR stayed up. And they did, so.... Loftus Rd
:lol:
Gummi

Post by Gummi »

Yeh, you've never heard of done deal subject to medical/work permit/the league the club will play in? I have.
D C
Has liked: 1122 likes
Total likes: 1471 likes

Post by D C »

Gummi wrote:Yeah, afaik I know it's a done deal from January if QPR stayed up. And they did, so.... Loftus Rd :D

I thought Owen
Sigh.
Yea Why Not

Post by Yea Why Not »

Gummi wrote:Yeh, you've never heard of done deal subject to medical/work permit/the league the club will play in? I have.
No, you know its a done deal because its looking very likely
ActonHammer

Post by ActonHammer »

Being a first time poster I think a defensive midfielder in the mould of Diame or Nzonzi would bring a lot to the team ,to provide protection to our back 4 now we are back in the Premier league. I also think a quality right back is a must either Simpson from Newcastle or Clyne from Palace is essential. Dont know what to believe regarding the budget but at the moment our squad is very thin in a number of areas but I do trust Sam to bring in the quality we will need to not just survive but survive comfortably.
Its time for the club to build on the foundations we have laid but not at the risk of the club like that mob from Iceland decided to do!
To you all and all the ITK on here thanks for all the info on rumours regarding potential signings,keep up the good work. COYI