Transfer Window: Summer 2012

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

TurnbullHammer

Re: Summer 2012 Transfer and Rumours Thread

Post by TurnbullHammer »

Is the fact that we have sold a striker a sign that we will have one coming in soon?
goof

Post by goof »

Ok we all have our views on baldock and thats fair enough,but there are no rumours of a new stricker coming in. I can understand selling him for a better stricker,whens the last time we had one that got 15 in a league season,surely we should be strengthening this position but havent we just done the opposite?.
Willtelll

Post by Willtelll »

mumbles87 wrote: Hoping another human being gets hurt in any way shape or form is a bit low.. maybe hope they suffer a loss of form

and ade isnt a tw@t. the guy spends 100k of his 150k a week wages funding projects in his country.. seems pretty decent to me
Oh OK so he doesn't pay tax and NI like the rest of us then? :think:
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2486 likes
Total likes: 4389 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

goof wrote:Ok we all have our views on baldock and thats fair enough,but there are no rumours of a new stricker coming in. I can understand selling him for a better stricker,whens the last time we had one that got 15 in a league season,surely we should be strengthening this position but havent we just done the opposite?.
It's known that we are after a striker.

Cole scored 15 last year.

There is no rule that you need a 15, or 20 goal striker. We finished 5th under Redknapp with no one scoring 10.

Maiga was Baldock's replacement.
Billy Hunt
Has liked: 471 likes
Total likes: 364 likes

Post by Billy Hunt »

mapelo wrote:
I have it on very good authority that he was at Holly House today having his medical. Assuming no complications, should be formally announced over the next day or so.
Cheers :thup:
Zippycat57
Has liked: 71 likes
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by Zippycat57 »

goof wrote:Ok we all have our views on baldock and thats fair enough,but there are no rumours of a new stricker coming in. I can understand selling him for a better stricker,whens the last time we had one that got 15 in a league season,surely we should be strengthening this position but havent we just done the opposite?.
there have been plenty of rumours about strikers, you only have to look at Twitter to see that. Let's see where we are at the end of the transfer window - and I'm sure Baldock wouldn't have featured in the next few league games.
goof

Post by goof »

Sorry bubbles i meant 15 in a prem season,no its not a rule but it would be nice for a change.
Gerblatz
Has liked: 70 likes
Total likes: 27 likes

Post by Gerblatz »

goof wrote:Ok we all have our views on baldock and thats fair enough,but there are no rumours of a new stricker coming in.
It's the non-existent rumours that can often spring the biggest surprises...nothing would surprise me.
Emera1d
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Emera1d »

giantsteps wrote:So Man City are paying a Tottenham player more per week than Tottenham are...amazing.

If they have bought him, surely his wages cant be subsidised due to a 3rd party influence?? seems well dodgy to me....hope they get caught out :arry:
LeonRivers
Has liked: 1035 likes
Total likes: 394 likes

Post by LeonRivers »

This comment was removed by a moderator because it failed to abide by our community standards. Replies may also be deleted.
Willtelll

Post by Willtelll »

mumbles87 wrote: Hoping another human being gets hurt in any way shape or form is a bit low.. maybe hope they suffer a loss of form

and ade isnt a tw@t. the guy spends 100k of his 150k a week wages funding projects in his country.. seems pretty decent to me
Just read some of your replies regarding tax - I cannot see HMR&C allowing a footballer to deduct tax for £100k pw wages spent on charity work in Togo. Sounds like a recipe for a fraud to me....
scatts
Has liked: 68 likes
Total likes: 72 likes

Post by scatts »

Reading all the Spuds chat it's no wonder twitchy took the MOTD gig. His goose is cooked and pundit work may be all that's left now.

So, only Berbs and Carroll left then as far as headline making front men on the move. Really don't see how Berbs would fit with us and trying to build the team around a guy with perhaps one decent season left is pointless. So it's a last minute reluctant Carroll or someone less well known (and cheaper) then.
Last edited by scatts on Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Billydinho
Has liked: 174 likes
Total likes: 769 likes

Post by Billydinho »

How is that not third party ownership?

Man City still have a stake in Adebayor technically so that must break Premier League deal. Or is the transfer still subject to Premier League ratification?
Lincolnhammer92

Post by Lincolnhammer92 »

Billydinho wrote:How is that not third party ownership?

Man City still have a stake in Adebayor technically so that must break Premier League deal. Or is the transfer still subject to Premier League ratification?
I'm assuming it's more an agreement with the club, not the player. Same as paying transfer fees off in installments, I guess. Paying them an installment of however much every week, which they spend on his wages.
But then again I could be completely wrong.
Chicken Run Supreme
Has liked: 874 likes
Total likes: 855 likes

Post by Chicken Run Supreme »

Daily Mail saying Sam has tabled a "take it or leave it" offer of £10M for Jarvis
Jackanakanory
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 35 likes

Post by Jackanakanory »

Couldn't we make a cheeky loan bid for Malouda at Chelsea?

Ideal wide player in a front three
Hammer110

Post by Hammer110 »

Willtelll wrote:Just read some of your replies regarding tax - I cannot see HMR&C allowing a footballer to deduct tax for £100k pw wages spent on charity work in Togo. Sounds like a recipe for a fraud to me....
Done properly its perfectly legal.
scatts
Has liked: 68 likes
Total likes: 72 likes

Post by scatts »

Chicken Run Supreme wrote:Daily Mail saying Sam has tabled a "take it or leave it" offer of £10M for Jarvis
They'll take it.
hawkins_hammer
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by hawkins_hammer »

Is Boukari any good? Or are we signing him with the Championship in mind next year?
twitchy's dog

Post by twitchy's dog »

Premier league rules only forbid a third party from affecting team selection, ie Kia Jorabchian being able to pull the plug at any time and remove Tevez from our club and therefore our team selection.

That was my understanding anyway. As far as a third party paying a percentage of wages, it doesnt affect team selection. Transfer deals such as our issue with Stech (I think it was Stech but I could be wrong and it could have been Kurucz) where we risk having to pay more money if we select him or not, are much closer to the line IMO.

Happy if we get another winger and a fullback or two