Transfer Window: Summer 2013

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

HammerMan2004
Has liked: 500 likes
Total likes: 1275 likes

Re: Summer Transfer thread - 2013/2014

Post by HammerMan2004 »

To be fair. Bale would destroy La Liga.

But also, it's not really relevant to West Ham transfers.
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

Aztec Hammer wrote:No words. Even Iniesta and Xavi... you still think they have as much of an impact on the outcome of a game than Bale does?
yes.
and they do it for barça, not for spuds. big difference.

i don't think he's worth half of what real are offering, at the moment. after a couple more seasons at this level maybe, but not now.

i bet levy hasn't stop laughing in the past few days.
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2438 likes
Total likes: 4295 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

I can't see Bale accepting a role as Andy Carroll's back up, personally. Perhaps he's our fall back position if Kalou falls though?
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 838 likes
Total likes: 1983 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

Yea Why Not wrote:Madrid have bid a world record £85m for Bale according to Sky
Tristan Shout wrote:Listening to talkshite all week, i must be the only person in the world that doesn't rate him that highly, take the game against us for example, he didnt do much in the game!
Well, at our ground, he was a bit hit and miss, but still popped up with a sublime winner.

At theirs, he ran the show. Our defence were scared of his running and, again, he scored.

Its hyperbole to describe him as 3rd best in the world, granted, but he's definitely one of the top 5 performers in the Premiership...if not top 3 (along with Van Persie and Suarez, much as I can't abide the latter).
Ticket 2 Ryde

Post by Ticket 2 Ryde »

Bale is class!
Defo one of the top 5 players in the world today..
I know a few spud fans getting very twitchy right now :lol:
1860OnceMoore

Post by 1860OnceMoore »

i did read Demel has been on the phone to him trying to help persuade him to join..[/quote]

When i read this why does Fonejacker spring to mind? :D
Bury Me @ The Boleyn

Post by Bury Me @ The Boleyn »

Aztec Hammer wrote: Rack up 30 assists giving the ball to Messi and Neymar. Bale can rack up 30 goals himself.
Really? Can he?

...Mind you, he's never scored more than 26 in a season, and outside of that season he's never scored more than 12.
Kev59
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by Kev59 »

Apparently until 2008 Southampton had a 25% "sell on" clause in Bale. They sold it back to Levy :lol:
rudeboydubs

Post by rudeboydubs »

lol
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2438 likes
Total likes: 4295 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

According to the Spanish newspaper Diario de Sevilla , Alou Diarra is on the shelves of Real Betis.
Little used by West Ham last season before being loaned to Rennes from January to June, the former Lens is one of the options selected by the Seville club to replace the departure of Cañas in Swansea.
Bury Me @ The Boleyn

Kev59 wrote:Apparently until 2008 Southampton had a 25% "sell on" clause in Bale. They sold it back to Levy :lol:
Ouch. That was a poor decision if I ever saw one.
denzel

Post by denzel »

Aztec Hammer wrote:
Rack up 30 assists giving the ball to Messi and Neymar. Bale can rack up 30 goals himself.
Bale has never done that.
HomertonSpur

Post by HomertonSpur »

Do I want Bale to stay? Of course
Should Spurs accept 85 mill cash? Of course.
(Or more if we can get it).

Still not convinced R.Madrid have actually tabled a concrete offer for him though and I am still of the opinion he could still be a Spurs player next season.

Football is nothing more than a business and money talks. The disassociation between football and the man in the street is only too apparent in Spain which has almost 30pct unemployment but a football team still apparently has the cash to pay 85-100 mill quid for a footballer.

Madness.
Aztec Hammer
Has liked: 866 likes
Total likes: 4270 likes

Post by Aztec Hammer »

Bury Me @ The Boleyn wrote:
...Mind you, he's never scored more than 26 in a season, and outside of that season he's never scored more than 12.
Don't see why not. Surely his most relevant season is his most recent as that is the most likely indicator of his current talent level. 26 in the Prem playing in a Tottenham team. 30 in La Liga playing in a more dominant Madrid team? Really doesn't seem farfetched at all.

Now tell me honestly how many games you can say Tottenham definitively won because of Bale. And then how many Barca won definitively because of Iniesta or Xavi. The games certainly seem more clearcut in the case of Bale. Us alone he put to the sword in both games. The Man Utd away game. Hat trick away at Villa. Wondergoal to get a point at Norwich. Wondergoal winner at West Brom. Two goals in a 2-1 win against Newcastle. Two goals in a 2-1 win against Lyon. Goal against Arsenal when they won. Goal against Inter. Goal and assist to beat Man City. Wondergoal to beat Southampton 1-0. Then needing a goal to have any chance of qualifying for the CL, scores another wondergoal in the 89th minute to win 1-0 against Sunderland.

Made me feel sick writing all of that because of who he plays for, but come on, be serious.
BigSamsBarmyArmy
Has liked: 2 likes

Post by BigSamsBarmyArmy »

I hate the welsh chimp more than most. But some of the posts on here are laughable.

Bale's goals win matches. He is up there in top 3 from last season. I hope he ****'s off to spain, it will be hilarious
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

Aztec Hammer wrote:Don't see why not. Surely his most relevant season is his most recent as that is the most likely indicator of his current talent level. 26 in the Prem playing in a Tottenham team. 30 in La Liga playing in a more dominant Madrid team? Really doesn't seem farfetched at all.

Now tell me honestly how many games you can say Tottenham definitively won because of Bale. And then how many Barca won definitively because of Iniesta or Xavi. The games certainly seem more clearcut in the case of Bale. Us alone he put to the sword in both games. The Man Utd away game. Hat trick away at Villa. Wondergoal to get a point at Norwich. Wondergoal winner at West Brom. Two goals in a 2-1 win against Newcastle. Two goals in a 2-1 win against Lyon. Goal against Arsenal when they won. Goal against Inter. Goal and assist to beat Man City. Wondergoal to beat Southampton 1-0. Then needing a goal to have any chance of qualifying for the CL, scores another wondergoal in the 89th minute to win 1-0 against Sunderland.

Made me feel sick writing all of that because of who he plays for, but come on, be serious.
sorry we've been rude to your boyfriend :D
Bury Me @ The Boleyn

HomertonSpur wrote:I am still of the opinion he could still be a Spurs player next season.
I think that's wishful thinking, mate. Every source imaginable says he wants out. There are direct quotes of him demanding Spuds field offers.

Something along the lines of "You made me a promise that if we didn't make the CL you would listen to offers. Keep your promise."

Either way, Tottenham wins. With 85M in dosh you could buy a whole new team.
Last edited by Bury Me @ The Boleyn on Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aztec Hammer
Has liked: 866 likes
Total likes: 4270 likes

Post by Aztec Hammer »

good one
BigSamsBarmyArmy
Has liked: 2 likes

Post by BigSamsBarmyArmy »

Jack Sullivan ‏@jsullivanwhu 22s
We hope to sign right sided striker within 48 hrs. Terms agreed with his club. Hes a very exciting prospect. When its done I’ll tell u.
Bury Me @ The Boleyn

BigSamsBarmyArmy wrote:Jack Sullivan ‏@jsullivanwhu 22s
We hope to sign right sided striker within 48 hrs. Terms agreed with his club. Hes a very exciting prospect. When its done I’ll tell u.
"Prospect" leads me to believe it isn't Kalou. He's pretty well established.