Transfer Window: Summer 2013

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Supreme
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 129 likes

Re: Summer Transfer thread - 2013/2014

Post by Supreme »

http://www.ftbpro.com/posts/crippy.cook ... fried-zaha" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Zaha according to this link (could be b*llocks)

Pretty sure Lukaku is staying at Chelsea this season.
Bobby Orangeboom

Post by Bobby Orangeboom »

Puff Daddy wrote:I have read nearly all the posts about young Rob Hall and I still don't really know what to make of this. The only time I ever watched him play, was a couple of years ago, at Crawley, when he was out on loan at Oxford. He started that match, which Crawley won, 3-0. I remember, he did look quite useful, a decent turn of pace and he also took up some good positions, but overall, Claude Davis, Crawley's highly experienced, central defender, had him in his pocket, pretty much all afternoon. This is in no way, intended to denigrate young Rob, in any way, shape, or form. Davis, is a very experienced, pro, who has been around at that level for many years and is one of the best defenders in that league, but Hall still needed careful watching and this does say something for the young lad
Quality post.. :D
Iron Works

Post by Iron Works »

I wouldn't be surprised if the Dave's were trying to convince Barcelona that Neymar needs a year at another club to help him bed in to the European game.
SRXT
Has liked: 54 likes
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by SRXT »

The whole Hall situation makes me wonder about some comments CFC came out with about young players not having their heads screwed on proper. Makes me wonder if this is the situation here.
TurnbullHammer

Post by TurnbullHammer »

Sounds as if Liverpool are pulling another Clint Dempsey.
Apparently Shakhtar didn't receive an offer for Henrikh Mkhitaryan and now he's gone AWOL to force a move.
Mark32

Post by Mark32 »

Iron Works wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if the Dave's were trying to convince Barcelona that Neymar needs a year at another club to help him bed in to the European game.
Can Lionel Messi still be considered a youngster, considering John Cruyff said Barcelona should consider selling Messi and all? :wink: http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/215909.html
beckton

Post by beckton »

Mark32 wrote: Can Lionel Messi still be considered a youngster, considering John Cruyff said Barcelona should consider selling Messi and all? :wink: http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/215909.html

Cruyff has a point. Maybe we could get Messi on a season loan.

You heard it here first gentlemen.
tavbet
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by tavbet »

SRXT wrote:The whole Hall situation makes me wonder about some comments CFC came out with about young players not having their heads screwed on proper. Makes me wonder if this is the situation here.
Anyone remember Michael Woods? Hit the headlines when Chelsea poached him from the Leeds academy for 500k. Touted as being one of the best young english products. Been released by Chelsea and now playing for Harrogate Town!
w4hammer
Location: ..my heart says... West Ham.. my head says ...West Ham
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by w4hammer »

SRXT wrote:The whole Hall situation makes me wonder about some comments CFC came out with about young players not having their heads screwed on proper. Makes me wonder if this is the situation here.

i think there's alot in this. any view of his twitter feed is a depressing list of gansta crap/mysogyny/nandos/bling bull****.

One more ****ed academy graduate- how people can say that we've still got one of the best academies is a joke!
Yea Why Not
Location: Chips & Gravy you say? Well you can shove that up your ass

Post by Yea Why Not »

AJ wrote:Tevez £10m bargain
Let's not forget the £1m a month wages....
VeniceHammer
Has liked: 15 likes
Total likes: 146 likes

Post by VeniceHammer »

it is pretty much confirmed by all sources that tevez will earn between 5.5 and 6 M a year, plus several possible bonuses (appearences, goals...)

and the price set is 9M € + 3M of possible bonuses
Yea Why Not

Post by Yea Why Not »

VeniceHammer wrote:it is pretty much confirmed by all sources that tevez will earn between 5.5 and 6 M a year, plus several possible bonuses (appearences, goals...)

and the price set is 9M € + 3M of possible bonuses
I don't know what taxes are like in Italy but he currently earns about £220k a week over here if the majority of reports are to be believed. I'm sure he'll be after close to that if he was to move away from Man City. Surely?!
Arch Dandy
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 50 likes

Post by Arch Dandy »

Iron Works wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if the Dave's were trying to convince Barcelona that Neymar needs a year at another club to help him bed in to the European game.
I would think Gerard Deulofeu is nearer the mark.
MB
Cricket's Darren Anderton
Has liked: 5556 likes
Total likes: 3049 likes

Post by MB »

Yea Why Not wrote:
I don't know what taxes are like in Italy but he currently earns about £220k a week over here if the majority of reports are to be believed. I'm sure he'll be after close to that if he was to move away from Man City. Surely?!
Confused me at first but turns out that Italian wages (like in Spain) are quoted net of tax. While in the UK we report the gross. So his take home pay will not be that much different.
Gerblatz
Has liked: 70 likes
Total likes: 27 likes

Post by Gerblatz »

w4hammer wrote:i think there's alot in this. any view of his twitter feed is a depressing list of gansta crap/mysogyny/nandos/bling bull****.

One more ****ed academy graduate- how people can say that we've still got one of the best academies is a joke!
Agree with this to an extent..I think we live too much on our past reputation, whilst coming up a little short in current times; yet we still have a squad that contains Noble, Tomkins and Potts.

Reputations don't mean very much if they don't have meat on the bones anymore and with Tony Carr moving towards the end of his tenure; that great reputation could go with him.

I think we are in a transition with our academy and need to be a bit patient to start seeing more quality coming through.
Yea Why Not

Post by Yea Why Not »

MB wrote:
Confused me at first but turns out that Italian wages (like in Spain) are quoted net of tax. While in the UK we report the gross. So his take home pay will not be that much different.
Ok cheers, that makes sense
likemydreams
Has liked: 12 likes
Total likes: 46 likes

Post by likemydreams »

and Spence and Collison
Gerblatz
Has liked: 70 likes
Total likes: 27 likes

Post by Gerblatz »

likemydreams wrote:and Spence and Collison
...and those 2 too... :thup:
beckton

Post by beckton »

Gerblatz wrote: ...and those 2 too... :thup:

Joe Cole.

What did the Romans ever do for us?
mumbles87
Has liked: 55 likes
Total likes: 935 likes

Post by mumbles87 »

likemydreams wrote:and Spence and Collison
can collison really count? what age again did we nick him off cambridge?