Allardyce: Stick or twist?

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

bristolhammerfc
Has liked: 207 likes
Total likes: 657 likes

Re: Allardyce out

Post by bristolhammerfc »

bdw1975 wrote:15 shots on target in 5 games, then the knob bangs on about chances created and slags of the players never himself
And you have been banging on about the same thing. How about you expand on your points and stop trolling.
whitechapel hammer

Post by whitechapel hammer »

I reckon we should sack Sam Allardyce, he's just not done enough to deserve longer in the job.

Once we've sacked Allardyce, we should give Sam Allardyce the job. He's clearly the right man to keep us up.
giantsteps

Post by giantsteps »

whitechapel hammer wrote:I reckon we should sack Sam Allardyce, he's just not done enough to deserve longer in the job.

Once we've sacked Allardyce, we should give Sam Allardyce the job. He's clearly the right man to keep us up.
:thup:
giantsteps

Post by giantsteps »

Spurs' result has put everything in perspective for me

:lol:
***Machismo***

Post by ***Machismo*** »

If we had the same points this time last year, we would be joint bottom with QPR, 4 points adrift at the bottom!
Mike420

Post by Mike420 »

Many seem to be blaming Sam for buying Downing and not another striker, fair comment, but look at it from his perspective.

He only had 6m to spend on a striker, to paraphrase him, 10m gets you a decent player, but nothing more. He's right, unless you unearth a gem which is down to luck. Every dick and harry is looking for players abroad, it ain't that easy. We aren't exactly the most fashionable club to play for either, not helped by the perception most people have of Big Sam, i.e. a dinosaur of a manager.

Downing became available, a decent player, at a decent price, who compliments our system. So, do you either snap up Downing or look for that gem of a striker that might not happen and risk missing out on both. He went for Downing obviously.

Clearly the game plan after that was, let's pull a rabbit out of the hat like the Carroll loan. Well no surprise we weren't going to get lucky again, this is West Ham we're talking about.

To compound the misery, Carroll has no return date. So either way, Downing or an elusive striker for 6m. It was a gamble either way. No guarantee you'll find a striker for 6m who will be an improvement on what we have. I'm not saying it doesn't exist, but it ain't as easy as some of you think. I want to know why we couldn't have made some more funds available for such a crucial position. You watch, bums will be squeaking in the boardroom and we might be able to find some funds and room for wages in January...
Bobby Orangeboom

Post by Bobby Orangeboom »

Marky wrote:

Bingo.

He would come. Family still in Watford loathes his boss.
I can't imagine he'd love these one's to be honest..
bdw1975

Post by bdw1975 »

bristol i dont even know what trolling is
Exiledin cardiff
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 56 likes

Post by Exiledin cardiff »

Let me be honest I was one of those who called for Sam to go in the summer, I don't rate the man and in my option we had gone as far as we could with him.

What I have seen is the whole club turning into a shambles, similar to a Norman Wisdom film we bumble along from disaster to disaster and according to the script it all turns out rosy in the end.

Look deeply and you can plainly see the script being played out, firstly the transfer window, it was a thanks for your time Carlton but your free to go your own way.
We signed Andy Carroll the modern day savior according to many, but didn't look at the sell by date, injured when we signed, injured since he signed, are our medical men that inept really or was this the signing that was going to happen no matter what.
Ten during the window we were chasing everyone and anyone, The Chairman's Twattergate messages via young Jack, telling us we 've got him or him, when all we had after the window closed was a message to Carlton come back we need you, and Petric who for 20 mins looked good then promptly got injured,
We then have the ticketing fiasco, I'd have been mightily pissed if the guy sitting next me paid a jacks for his ticket, where mine cost full price,
Nearly forgot the advertising during the game come and see the stars, If I'd been a player that would have been so insulting.
Then ala Baldrick Sam comes up with a cunning plan play without a striker , admitting it worked, but he's doing it to death and it has not worked since, but like a Pavlov dog he keeps at it.
Ask Sam when AC is going to be back and he honestly doesn't know, How as manager can you not know when your major asset is going to be available?

Another thought over Twatter how many chairman of other clubs allow their son to release the sort of stuff we did, I can just see Mourinho,Wenger putting up with that,

No the problems on the pitch have been compounded by the farce being played off it. Hopefully like any good movie a hero will arrive and put us back on track.
I don't think sacking Sam is advisable thing without there being a better alternative ready to go so hopefully like Norman Sam will prevail.

The club as whole
bdw1975

Post by bdw1975 »

and bristol i take it your happy with whats going on then are you.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 798 likes
Total likes: 3009 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

Bobby Orangeboom wrote: I can't imagine he'd love these one's to be honest..
Which might be why Sam was third choice this time around .
***Machismo***

Post by ***Machismo*** »

Does he have some sort of mind control over gold, Sullivan and Brady?........ They have all publicly come out in the past and said they want him as manager for a long time!

He won't be sacked....... It just won't happen, even if we get relegated! They will say we need his experience to get us back up!
bristolhammerfc
Has liked: 207 likes
Total likes: 657 likes

Post by bristolhammerfc »

bdw1975 wrote:bristol i dont even know what trolling is
Its continually and deliberately repeating the same controversial comments in order to provoke a response or argument.

I have no problem with your opinion, I have asked you to expand on it and give a more detailed response including how you feel it could change?.

I am not happy with our club on so many levels, but changing the manager now won't help.
bdw1975

Post by bdw1975 »

nerd
bdw1975

Post by bdw1975 »

I have asked you to expand on it and give a more detailed response including how you feel it could change?.

sorry sir
thejackhammer
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by thejackhammer »

Whilst I don't condone the sacking of Alladyce, if it was to happen I'd be interested in one of the young British managers in the championship, Dyche or Howe. Our chairman would for for McCleish or McCarthy.

But, Sam is the best option for survival, which with the Olympic Stadium looming, is vital. In a few years, hopefully we can find a good young manager and build for long term. Hopefully Sam can leave with his head held high, and possibly even a trophy in the cabinet, and onto his retirement, or maybe even the England job.
The Lone Hammer

Post by The Lone Hammer »

The thing with football fans (myself included) is that we actually have very short memories about managers.

If we win the next three (unlikely the way we are playing TBH) Sam will be hailed a genius just like he was after the Spurs game.

Lose and he will be called a waste of space by most of us and be fired.

Such is the life of a football manager.
bdw1975

Post by bdw1975 »

well life as a west ham supporter isnt great
The Lone Hammer

Post by The Lone Hammer »

Life as a West Ham United fan is always great.

Even when we are ****.

Which is most of the time.

:crest:
arlhe
Has liked: 241 likes
Total likes: 182 likes

Post by arlhe »

Let's get in AVB: he's doing a great job on a limited budget.

The only reason WHU fans have had to smile this season.