Allardyce: Stick or twist?

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

The Sherriff
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 106 likes

Re: Allardyce out

Post by The Sherriff »

Major wrote: If its ****ing credible then tell us where it came from. if you can't do that then don't post it. How the **** does someone know that Sam threatened to Drop Ravel for not signing with a particular agent?

a. That is not the sort of conversation that you have in public.
b. for that reason it must be second hand info anyway or rumour .
c. Rav already has a long enough contract, although it would seem wise to get him to sign a new one it certainly not imperative.
M.

The comment by TH hasn't been taken down so I assume the mod's are ok with its content?

Whilst I agree there is a fine line, that type of info would interest us all to be fair. Maybe it did happen, maybe it didn't. Point I made was that the poster in question would seem to have some credibility/form in the past so you take it on your own terms. No 'ITKs' are obliged to disclose their source and it would be follish to do so for implicating others ..... I wouldnt even attempt to ask.

Judging by his grammar and punctuality I wouldn't be surprised if he was a footballer :wink:

Assumption being the mother of all f*** ups, I'll keep an open mind on it. As the player with the most cutting edge this season, Dropping Rav wouldn't be in the best interests of the team especially against Fulham.

Strongly disagree on your last comment. I would get Rav signed up ASAP.... a young two footed English player, with an abundance of skill, capable of doing something different unlike the majority of his compatriots. He'll be worth a ****ing mint in 2 years time.
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 917 likes
Total likes: 1919 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

Iron Works wrote: In fact don't bother to answer my question because the more I'm typing the more I feel your reaction is because of your club ties...
Major a Club mole? :lol:

Funniest post of the week.
m-h

Post by m-h »

Hampshire Hammer wrote: Rav had issues when we signed him so I fully expected the club to have clauses in there, but unless it is a really low "must accept offers above" figure I'm struggling to think what clauses we might want to remove.
Iirc wasn't it reported there was a lumpsum additional fee we could pay the Mancs or pay them 25 grand everytime Ravel steps on the pitch for the first team. I could see the Board wanting to get that removed
under the basis of signing a new contract.
Irrons
Has liked: 1267 likes
Total likes: 255 likes

Post by Irrons »

Doc H Ball wrote:Major a Club mole?

Funniest post of the week.
He's the muscle. Take that under consideration and disagree at your peril 8-)
F.U.B.A.R.

Post by F.U.B.A.R. »

"That hasn't happened and the rest of our strikers have failed to score a few goals to help us get more victories instead of draws."

This about sums up Allardyce for me... Full of it..

What strikers?
Hockley Hammer
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 30 likes

Post by Hockley Hammer »

But FUBAR = He's right but should be talking as a team rather than the strikers

I expect any forward player to average a goal at worst every 5 or 6 games. That is seven or eight a season and that will probably add seven or eight points when you compare it to zero. I'd have expected Maiga to have contributed more than zero and actually if Nolan has played up front I would have thought he would have scored too.

If we look at the players who have figured so far this season. Maiga, Diame, Downing and Jarvis haven't scored yet. Nolan is at least a couple of goals short of his average. One goal from each of them might be 4 or 5 points more when we have been generally hard to beat. Four or five more points we'd be in mid table.

This season like too many others we are not scoring enough goals - strikers or no striklers. When we had strikers our problem was lack of goals from midfield.
QuintonNimoy

Post by QuintonNimoy »

The Sherriff wrote:Judging by his grammar and punctuality I wouldn't be surprised if he was a footballer :wink:
It's David Sullivan undermining Sam to make it easier to sack him.
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1978 likes
Total likes: 1466 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

Georgee Paris wrote:

support = help, aid, assist
whinge = complain, grouse, grouch, grumble, whine, moan, carp, mutter, murmur, whisper
I'll do both whenever I want.

And their isnt a football fan in the land that doesnt do the same.
wizzo_66
Total likes: 32 likes

Post by wizzo_66 »

Don't the usual suspects want to keep this thread going? It's on the second page and hasn't been posted in since our last game?
RyanWHUFC
Total likes: 1 like

Post by RyanWHUFC »

wizzo_66 wrote:Don't the usual suspects want to keep this thread going? It's on the second page and hasn't been posted in since our last game?
To be fair mate one good result against a poor Fulham side doesn't mean he's now exempt from being criticised. Not that I personally am going to criticise to much after yesterday but to me it has still taken him 6 games persisting with the 4-6-0 or the 4-5-Nolan setup that wasn't working to finally play with a striker.
Bobby Orangeboom

Post by Bobby Orangeboom »

Crouchend_Hammer wrote:why should anyone have to be whole-heartedly behind something or people they fundamentally dislike who they believe are bringing the club down?
Of course everyone's free to think what they like but having the argument that he's bringing the club down, if of course you're talking about on the pitch, is obviously going to get more laughs than agreement.

Promotion first season, 10th in the Prem the season after......

Not sure what more people what as far as the pitch is concerned.
kesh

Post by kesh »

Aweful topic. :x
thejackhammer
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by thejackhammer »

This thread title should really be changed to something that invites debate rather than something that looks like a petulant outburst... :)
bristolhammerfc
Has liked: 197 likes
Total likes: 609 likes

Re: Allardyce: Stick or twist

Post by bristolhammerfc »

Agreed and done :wink:
wizzo_66
Total likes: 32 likes

Post by wizzo_66 »

RyanWHUFC wrote:
To be fair mate one good result against a poor Fulham side doesn't mean he's now exempt from being criticised. Not that I personally am going to criticise to much after yesterday but to me it has still taken him 6 games persisting with the 4-6-0 or the 4-5-Nolan setup that wasn't working to finally play with a striker.
Agree entirely mate. Was a breath of fresh air to see Nolan come off with enough time to change the game.

I think the point I was trying to make was more of this one:-
thejackhammer wrote:This thread title should really be changed to something that invites debate rather than something that looks like a petulant outburst... :)
And it has been done so!
Estuary
Has liked: 278 likes
Total likes: 117 likes

Post by Estuary »

Stick.
Kev59
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by Kev59 »

This thread went from being about whether Sam was the right manager, to whether he was trying to do dodgy deals with Curtis.

On the first point, while I don't like Sam, I still think he's the right (and probably only) choice and I'm confident that while he's the manager, we won't get relegated. Never been able to say that with any of our previous managers, or not in my 45 years of support, anyway.

On the Rav issue. There was supposedly some clause in the contract that meant we had to pay some kind of fee to Rav/ Man U every time he played (beyond a certain number of games?). Getting Rav to sign a new deal would presumably take that clause out. Depending on what the appearance fee was, the owners could have been putting pressure on all round, saying "we can't keep playing him if it's going to cost us an extra £x per game". That could be the source of the "dropping" comes from. (Many years ago I took up a secondment in my job and the firm agreed to pay my petrol money for the daily 200 mile round trip. After three months, I was offered the job there permanently, with a rise, but removing the petrol money as I was picking up an extra £250 a week or whatever that was out of the budget. All relative, perhaps)

Third, the list of players who have signed up with Curtis also happen to be our key players and if it means keeping them, why not? If it wasn't Curtis it'd be someone else and it's got to be better for the club to deal with maybe half a dozen agents than 30. So, if it is is in the best interest of the club - and you'd assume G&S&B would know if it wasn't, then what's the problem.
QuintonNimoy

Post by QuintonNimoy »

Kev59 wrote:On the Rav issue. There was supposedly some clause in the contract that meant we had to pay some kind of fee to Rav/ Man U every time he played
Surely that wouldn't appear in the player's contract. That would be a side agreement between the clubs.
Kev59 wrote:...the list of players who have signed up with Curtis also happen to be our key players and if it means keeping them, why not? If it wasn't Curtis it'd be someone else and it's got to be better for the club to deal with maybe half a dozen agents than 30. So, if it is is in the best interest of the club - and you'd assume G&S&B would know if it wasn't, then what's the problem.
It depends on how the relationship between Sam/Curtis and the board works. To be corrupt the fees that go to Curtis partly pass through him and find their way back to board members or Sam. This is one of the many ways club owners can make money despite the club seemingly losing it.

Would that be in the interests of the club? Not really, but it's in Curtis's interests and the interests of anyone else who benefits from his use of the cash. Is it happening? I have no idea, but we don't seem to have signed a South American this season. Maybe a pressing need to send cash via another continent has been removed?
kayahammer
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by kayahammer »

Kev59 wrote: On the Rav issue. There was supposedly some clause in the contract that meant we had to pay some kind of fee to Rav/ Man U every time he played (beyond a certain number of games?). Getting Rav to sign a new deal would presumably take that clause out. Depending on what the appearance fee was, the owners could have been putting pressure on all round, saying "we can't keep playing him if it's going to cost us an extra £x per game". That could be the source of the "dropping" comes from. (Many years ago I took up a secondment in my job and the firm agreed to pay my petrol money for the daily 200 mile round trip. After three months, I was offered the job there permanently, with a rise, but removing the petrol money as I was picking up an extra £250 a week or whatever that was out of the budget. All relative, perhaps).
:?

So Rav gets his petrol money out of a budget, but if he doesn't play then the Daves won't have to pay it because he doesn't need to drive to the game. After three months of games he'll get a permanent contract.

Got it!
Westbourne Bill
Has liked: 129 likes
Total likes: 329 likes

Post by Westbourne Bill »

So Thors was correct in telling us Sam was suddenly going to drop Morrison. Given the Major abuse he got, Im surprised he continues to tell us anything.