Transfer Window: Summer 2015

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

MD_HM
Has liked: 37 likes
Total likes: 339 likes

Re: Summer 2015 transfer thread

Post by MD_HM »

Last nights game has thrown people into panic

We know we need a striker, we did before last night and now is even more vital but they know that.

We still haven't a had a chance to play our best XI yet but even last night we looked much better than last year in terms of football

We have been unlucky in Europe along with a bit naive in relation to the refereeing standard and play acting

Also unlucky to have such a hard away fixture first up but that's life and we have to deal with it

IF we can sign a quality striker in time for the arsenal game allowing Sakho to play in Romania I think we "should" still progress with what we have.
POP POP POP Robson
Has liked: 57 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by POP POP POP Robson »

Does anyone have access to the Bat phone?

hammers92
Has liked: 317 likes
Total likes: 1748 likes

Post by hammers92 »

We have two very winnable home games against Leicester and Bournmouth following Arsenal. At risk of sounding like a throwback to Allardyce not caring about these type of games why shouldn't we send our strongest side to Romania? Because let's face it, we never get anything from there. It's no excuse I know, but given the circumstances I'd take a long European campaign over a chance of sniffing a point from that game

Seems like people really do value coming 8th to 12th as the best thing ever. The ones saying we should get out of Europe are the ones coming back in January saying we should scrap the F.A cup
Nick Sneddon
Total likes: 20 likes

Post by Nick Sneddon »

hammers92 wrote:Seems like people really do value coming 8th to 12th as the best thing ever. The ones saying we should get out of Europe are the ones coming back in January saying we should scrap the F.A cup
Its not the best thing ever, but finishing there this season would be fine with me for now. You cant suddenly just shoot up the league it takes years, Southampton are a bit of an anomaly imo

Im of the thought we should treat Europe as third in the pecking order, the league first and the FA cup second – and Im sure Im not the only one
mooro_1984

Post by mooro_1984 »

Think people mis-interpret the reason behind not being fussed about the Europa League.

We have a new manager, who at the moment has no time to actually work on key things as we are playing / travelling / resting. This time should be spent on the training ground working with new players and on how he wants them to play. Getting to know him and jelling as a team etc. He cannot possibly do that at the moment.

Same goes for the first few months of the season. Sun - Thurs - Sun - Thurs leaves no real time to actually work on what he wants as it is again mostly travelling / match / rest / match etc.

My opinion is that our squad will struggle to cope, therefore affecting performances in the league and the managers position. I see the romance behind the "european nights at the boleyn for the final season". But this competition isnt what is used to be. Ask Spurs fans what they think of it. Until the knockout stages it is drawn out, and you play a lot of *****.

Would I rather us win in Romania than lose? Yes of course. And I dont even think it is necessarily the resting of players that is the issue. It is the time taken away from the training ground due to the travelling / rest etc.

Anyway, we desperately need another striker. A decent one at that!
Aztec Hammer
Has liked: 866 likes
Total likes: 4270 likes

Post by Aztec Hammer »

mooro_1984 wrote: I see the romance behind the "european nights at the boleyn for the final season". But this competition isnt what is used to be. Ask Spurs fans what they think of it. Until the knockout stages it is drawn out, and you play a lot of *****.

Would I rather us win in Romania than lose? Yes of course. And I dont even think it is necessarily the resting of players that is the issue. It is the time taken away from the training ground due to the travelling / rest etc.

That's why Spurs fans are such c*nts. They think they're above it.

We play all year in the Prem with our main realistic hope being to finish high enough to qualify for Europe. We're there now and it would be a disgrace if we didn't go full whack next week.

Anyway yes we do indeed need another striker!
mooro_1984

Post by mooro_1984 »

They are mostly c****, you are right.

However the people I speak to do not think they are above it at all. Just see the affect it has on their performances week in week out. Especially last year when they had a new manager.
JLCABA
Has liked: 202 likes
Total likes: 160 likes

Post by JLCABA »

mooro_1984 wrote:Think people mis-interpret the reason behind not being fussed about the Europa League.

We have a new manager, who at the moment has no time to actually work on key things as we are playing / travelling / resting. This time should be spent on the training ground working with new players and on how he wants them to play. Getting to know him and jelling as a team etc. He cannot possibly do that at the moment.

Same goes for the first few months of the season. Sun - Thurs - Sun - Thurs leaves no real time to actually work on what he wants as it is again mostly travelling / match / rest / match etc.

My opinion is that our squad will struggle to cope, therefore affecting performances in the league and the managers position. I see the romance behind the "european nights at the boleyn for the final season". But this competition isnt what is used to be. Ask Spurs fans what they think of it. Until the knockout stages it is drawn out, and you play a lot of *****.

I am guessing the next day I consult one of them on a football matter will coincide with the day I surgically remove both my Gonads with a Razor balade
hornsey
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by hornsey »

Has anyone else posted that Charlie Austin to Newcastle is a done deal?
xdoyley

Post by xdoyley »

robdf2 wrote:
Tbh if we loose next Thursday then so be it , but I also know this place will go into meltdown if we loose against Arsenal.
I disagree on this, we lose against Arsenal every year, 12/12 times, I can't see us beating Arsenal even with our best team out tbh, as much as I'd like us to, but then again I dont facy us getting thrashed because we put a weak team out..
Superhags2012
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 9 likes

Post by Superhags2012 »

When we were the last team to win at Highbury and the first team to win at the Emirates no one gave us a chance either. Going by your logic we might as well not even bother sending a team.
Pulls up Trees
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Pulls up Trees »

Superhags2012 wrote:When we were the last team to win at Highbury and the first team to win at the Emirates no one gave us a chance either. Going by your logic we might as well not even bother sending a team.
I purposely ignore all football on the day that we play the Tarquins away. No interest whatsoever.
Romford_Iron
Has liked: 59 likes
Total likes: 271 likes

Post by Romford_Iron »

People on this forum are so ****ing melodramatic.

We're still in pre-season for f*** sake. I didn't see anyone crying that we needed to sign more players when we lost those both of our pre-season games in New Zealand last year. That was probably because they were friendlies and no-one was reading too much into them. It was all about gaining match fitness and sharpness.

These Europa League games, although they're not friendlies, should be treated in the same vein. Bilic has only had, what, a month with these players? He's still testing **** out and I've seen people saying Bilic out. Really? What is happening to us? We're even saying we're bigger than the Europa League. You literally couldn't make this **** up.

What is happening to West Ham? We're turning into ****ing Spurs... :cry:
KHammer89

Post by KHammer89 »

Would love to see remy come in still
And a proper winger
Ben
Location: Overdue warning for being a twat on the rumours thread
Has liked: 22 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by Ben »

hornsey wrote:Has anyone else posted that Charlie Austin to Newcastle is a done deal?
My mate is a Geordie (his mate works at the club) and told me it's all but done, looking to be £13.5m with Vukic (sp?) going the other way, if not £1.5m attached to goals etc
Bamber Gascoigne
Has liked: 107 likes
Total likes: 40 likes

Post by Bamber Gascoigne »

mooro_1984 wrote:Its a waste of time that is why.

Anyway, we are way off topic.
EvilC wrote: We are, and with a convincing argument like that it's impossible to think of a worthy response.
:lol:
GreenStHammer

Post by GreenStHammer »

I for one can't see Bilic/The board's logic on this. We will probably lose the Arsenal away game anyway. When was the last time we won? I can't even remember. It's also only one of 38 premier league games. The maximum difference it could really make is 3 points but probably closer to 1 point, as I don't think we'll ever really get more than a draw there for a while now.

We should put out a strong team against Astra again, and go all out. Atleast for the sake of qualification. When will qualify for this competition again in the near future? Let's not forget, the last time we were in this competition was almost 10 years ago and even then we didn't qualify!

I see numerous positives to qualifying for the Europa league this year. We can use it as an opportunity to bring through some young players such as Oxford, Burke, Page, Cullen, Borg, Lee etc. They will benefit far more from playing some real competitive fixtures in Europa qualifying over U21 or reserve games any day. Once we qualify, we don't need to put out our first team. We can give these kids a chance to develop. There were so many bemoaning Allardyce for not giving the youth even as much as a look in. Well this competition may just be their chance!

We can also use the competition to ease back in senior players returning from injury and give them some game time before putting them into the premier league games half fit. We can also use it to give some fringe players such as Amalfitano, Jarvis, Zarate (if we sign another striker) etc some game time and keep them happy, sharp and match fit. In the even they are required as subs in the league, they will perform better.

It also gives the club more exposure in Europe, and brings in additional revenue streams. Through ticket sales at the Boleyn, participation money etc. Whatever paltry money we gain from it, it doesn't matter. It's extra revenue. It may allow us to afford 1 or 2 more first team players via the FFP.

And at the end of the day, at a minimum it will give us West Ham fans more of a chance to see our beloved team play at the Boleyn before she goes! I'd be willing to bet that getting tickets in the premier league will be very difficult this season for non ST holders and many or most of our league games will sell out. Give more people a chance to see some last few games at UP or let us see the hammers play more there more often in this last year. Get us qualified Daves and Bilic! :crest:
spyinthesky

Post by spyinthesky »

Ben wrote: My mate is a Geordie (his mate works at the club) and told me it's all but done, looking to be £13.5m with Vukic (sp?) going the other way, if not £1.5m attached to goals etc
Which means they have twice as many (usable) strikers as we do and thats probably before the Valencia injury. Its not exactly like we have midfielders who can compensate after all.
fester
Eats sh*t
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 65 likes

Post by fester »

I really don't understand the knicker wetting. Yes we need another striker - it will probably happen on deadline day or just before.

With regards to Europe I feel we should take our best available squad. And take our best available squad at Arsenal. Oh and take our best available squad to the next game, and the next.

What I do know is from passages of play I saw against Norwich and from what the 11 men did last night we won't be going down unless we royally f*** up, and if we do then we'll deserve it. Europe is our chance of glory, however taxing. It's also our best chance for the foreseeable future to qualify for the champions league - surely we have to try?

If you don't have clear goals you'll never achieve anything. If you don't achieve anyway that's fine - at least you have tried.

I am really looking forward to this season - more so than when we were in the championship - which I found quite exiting and refreshing.

I predict a win against Astra and almost winning against Arsenal - them getting a dodgy decision in injury time.
psychoscoredthelot
Has liked: 79 likes
Total likes: 201 likes

Post by psychoscoredthelot »