Transfer Window: Summer 2015

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Dan1326
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 32 likes

Re: Summer 2015 transfer thread

Post by Dan1326 »

David Gold,

Song and Hernandez are most likely
Simply Moore

Post by Simply Moore »

pezza20 wrote:Guys

there is a delicate balancing act going on here, the club received 74m quid from TV and sky revenue last year and decent season ticket advance payments but despite the fact we need to spend most of that there is the debt we need to clear as part of the move to the OS. Whilst I'm sure our chairmen would want to fast forward 12 months and spend the lot, its not the time to be doing it.

One free and a couple more fee paying deals is all we can expect now. Shame about Miralles but we were his stalking horse unfortunately.

Good news is we are still hunting both Hernandez and Raul on loan.
Not disagreeing with you Pezza20 but where does the sale proceeds of the Boleyn fit into that? Does nothing come through until after we vacate in which case next season meaning we should have one hell of a transfer budget :scarfer:
Ben
Location: Overdue warning for being a twat on the rumours thread
Has liked: 23 likes
Total likes: 136 likes

Post by Ben »

I would be overchuffed with song and pea
Dyl

Post by Dyl »

Dan1326 wrote:David Gold,

I seriously hope you're right.
Pulls up Trees
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Pulls up Trees »

there is a delicate balancing act going on here, the club received 74m quid from TV and sky revenue last year and decent season ticket advance payments but despite the fact we need to spend most of that there is the debt we need to clear as part of the move to the OS. Whilst I'm sure our chairmen would want to fast forward 12 months and spend the lot, its not the time to be doing it.

One free and a couple more fee paying deals is all we can expect now. Shame about Miralles but we were his stalking horse unfortunately.

Correct me if I'm wrong but a lot of the debt is now owned by them personally (at a fair rate of interest I'm sure :lol:) right? There's probably no massive rush to clear it at a time when interest rates are so low. I wouldn't expect 54m to be wiped off the debt all of a sudden. Why aren't they spending more then? I would say they are saving in case of any unexpected stadium related costs...
AmzP
Total likes: 1 like

Post by AmzP »

anyone remember the whole "bad egg" story joey Barton was talking about in his interview at qpr in the game where they got relegated? Wasn't there talk that one of them could be Zarate? Aside from all the baggage he brings with him I think this signing could completely disrupt the whole dressing room
Aceface
Has liked: 375 likes
Total likes: 1471 likes

Post by Aceface »

To be fair, if those two are added, you've got a highly fappable starting XI. But you'd still suspect it was a few short for when the going gets tough with injuries and cup games piling up towards the winter. More specifically, Bilic will be praying to various deities that Payet or Adrian don't go down for a long spell.
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2491 likes
Total likes: 4396 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

Simply Moore wrote:Not disagreeing with you Pezza20 but where does the sale proceeds of the Boleyn fit into that? Does nothing come through until after we vacate in which case next season meaning we should have one hell of a transfer budget :scarfer:
The value is approx £30m.

A commitment has been made to give £15m to the LDDC.

The outstanding mortgage is £20m.

So, Value = £30m minus Liabilities £35m = Shortfall of £5m.

£5m from this year's TV money will be used to close the gap at the end of the month. They've been doing it for the last two summers.
window74
Location: 5000 miles away in NC & yet only minutes away from Wembley!
Has liked: 662 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by window74 »

Seems Barton wants a promise of regular first team football, think that will kill this deal dead.

I have my opinion on him both as a player & as a person, but I think this will scupper it on its own.
Kialos
Has liked: 1545 likes
Total likes: 769 likes

Post by Kialos »

This "debt" appears to be like a bottomless cup of coffee.
WestHamIFC

Post by WestHamIFC »

Dan1326 wrote:ITK - Barton is not signing

:?
Jinxed on Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:52 pm wrote:Barton has signed
Maroonmachine

Post by Maroonmachine »

window74 wrote:Seems Barton wants a promise of regular first team football, think that will kill this deal dead.

I have my opinion on him both as a player & as a person, but I think this will scupper it on its own.
Depends on the interpretation of regular I guess...

If we can get Hernandez and Song that would be a fantastic team.
Last edited by Maroonmachine on Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JLCABA
Has liked: 197 likes
Total likes: 157 likes

Post by JLCABA »

With Due respect to Terry(s) Gilliam and Jones...." I don't understand your Banter "
window74
Location: 5000 miles away in NC & yet only minutes away from Wembley!
Has liked: 662 likes

Post by window74 »

Maroonmachine wrote: If we can get Hernandez and Song that would be a fantastic team.
Those 2 would be fantastic signings.
Simply Moore

Post by Simply Moore »

bubbles1966 wrote:
The value is approx £30m.

A commitment has been made to give £15m to the LDDC.

The outstanding mortgage is £20m.

So, Value = £30m minus Liabilities £35m = Shortfall of £5m.

£5m from this year's TV money will be used to close the gap at the end of the month. They've been doing it for the last two summers.
Thanks for the info bubbles Bang goes my dream of a bumper transfer window next summer :lol:
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2689 likes
Total likes: 1786 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

JLCABA wrote:Time for my every 40 page mention of Jordan Rhodes

Wonderful upbringing ...

Alter boy , sat all his exams , Doesn't smoke ( cigars or anything ) , drink . spit at fans ,

Always looks after his Gran .... Keeps butterflies , Non racist , walks away from fights

Never caused any problems at Huddersfield or Blackburn

Probably not good enough for us but there is his mention

All I know about Jordan Rhodes is he scores goals wherever he plays - The ONLY Premiership Club to seriously have a look at him so far are Sunderland who are now 7/4 2nd favs behind Middlesborough , 11/8 .
jaybs
Has liked: 21 likes

Post by jaybs »

I would be more than Happy with them, and I believe Slav has a superb squad to work with.
NeverSayDie

Post by NeverSayDie »

Young Jack has already said that's as good as dead as the club think he'll join Benfica this week.
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2491 likes
Total likes: 4396 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

Jimenez flew to Lisbon last night and is having his medical today according to Portuguese sports media.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 807 likes
Total likes: 3020 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

Kialos wrote:This "debt" appears to be like a bottomless cup of coffee.
Indeed, a constant moveable feast , continually being dressed up, redressed, disguised to confuse the fans and create fear that one day West Ham may not exist , so we need to keep an eye on the purse strings .

In the last set of published accounts the club declared an extremely healthy operating profit .The set that are due for last season will show an even higher number , and the club will make a bundle this season too .

I've no problem with the club living within it's means, quite the reverse actually, but I'm struggling to square the circle when compared with ticket prices .