Transfer Window: Summer 2015

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

sutts07
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 547 likes

Re: Summer 2015 transfer thread

Post by sutts07 »

Hugh Jargon II wrote: you may have a point Sutts..Pardon?
You know full well players can naturally play in more than one position and all of those (plus Moses and Antonio) can all play on the right.
Wilko1304
Location: "Once you start complicating things the end result is less inflatables"
Has liked: 1519 likes
Total likes: 3183 likes

Post by Wilko1304 »

These last few days have made me realise the EXwhu guy is a bit of a t*t. I don't really mind the ITK stuff and whether he is genuine or not doesnt altogether bother me. But hes so rude about other people. Happy to mouth off about how he revealed Nolan (even though he himself had to give credit to Kumb and Jinxed the day before) and today having a pop at people who reported the club had any discussions over Hernandez yesterday. Right or wrong, really is no need to be an arrogant d*** about things.
West Ham Matt
Karl Pilkington
Has liked: 160 likes
Total likes: 583 likes

Post by West Ham Matt »

Antonio is the one I really want us to get.

The new marlon.

Still think we will f*** it up
the wren
Location: Alpari Upper, complete with view of Barking-Upon-Thames

Post by the wren »

Sir_Trevor wrote:Really want to see some of these deals tied up now as don't want to see us missing out at the last minute. I wonder if some of them are back ups for each other, so it will be a case of Moses or Antonio rather than both. Maybe even we got a vibe from Moses that he wasn't too keen, which is why we resurrected the Antonio interest. Who knows?

It's all just speculation and rumour and I just want it over with now.

Go and get pissed out of your skull and when you wake up tomorrow afternoon it will all be over.

:thup:
libero
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 11 likes

Post by libero »

"Michail Gregory Antonio is an English footballer who plays as a winger for West Ham United. Antonio has represented a number of Football League clubs, including Reading, Cheltenham Town, Southampton, Colchester United and Sheffield Wednesday. Wikipedia"

Wiki jumping the gun again? Or does someone know something we don't?
Sir_Trevor
Has liked: 274 likes
Total likes: 352 likes

Post by Sir_Trevor »

the wren wrote:
Go and get pissed out of your skull and when you wake up tomorrow afternoon it will all be over.
Sounds like a plan :wink:
munichhammer
Has liked: 18 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by munichhammer »

Out of Moses, Ljajic, Antonio and Sisto, Sisto is the only naturally right sided player.

Is the deal for Sisto dead ?
Whufc06
Has liked: 122 likes
Total likes: 373 likes

Post by Whufc06 »

Simply Moore - Wrong player, you're thinking of Jimmy Kebe
Andy Carroll

Post by Andy Carroll »

Hugh Jargon II wrote:Ive only seen Moses play on the left. This is fishy...in effect we could have Jarvis, Moses and Antonio..and no right winger?

Booooo! Billic out..Pardon?
I've seen Moses play on the right plenty of times. He can play on the left or the right.
the wren

Post by the wren »

West Ham Matt wrote:Antonio is the one I really want us to get.

The new marlon.

Still think we will **** it up

Could take Andy Reid instead.
Simply Moore

Post by Simply Moore »

Whufc06 wrote:Simply Moore - Wrong player, you're thinking of Jimmy Kebe
Wasn't really thinking of the player to be honest mate, more the team in the clip he was playing against was Reading who Kebe was playing for when the arrogant p***k pulled his socks up.
claret and bobby

Post by claret and bobby »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pf-7KvMmSIc

Antonio's goals at Forest last year. Number 5 at exactly 1 minute is top notch... Get it done Daves!

Edit: It seems from the video that he can play left or right as well...
Last edited by claret and bobby on Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beavis Danzig
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 782 likes

Post by Beavis Danzig »

Wilko1304 wrote:If we get Antonio and Moses I'm a lot more content about settling for Jelavic. Good budget stretching and I would be much more comfortable with Jelavic having to play if we have a team with wingers who can score in it.
shows to me that bilic knows exactly what he's doing in the market. said all along that another expensive striker would be a luxury option.

man u, liverpool and arsenal combined have 8 goals between them this season, they're teams that are crying out for a striker (well, dippers got theirs but ain't working out for them). we've got 9 on our own, results have a mixed bag but putting it in the net hasn't been a problem.

what's more, all three goals that have come from our strikers have been solo efforts. bilic promised us goals from midfield and that's what we've got.
sutts07
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 547 likes

Post by sutts07 »

Sky Sports saying our 7m bid has been accepted by Forest
Last edited by sutts07 on Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
coyi1973
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by coyi1973 »

claret and bobby wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pf-7KvMmSIc

Antonio's goals at Forest last year. Number 5 at exactly 1 minute is top notch... Get it done Daves!

Edit: It seems from the video that he can play left or right as well...
Only youtube but shows he's two footed, can score all types of goals and could also be effective through the middle
chappo59
Location: In a land far far away where away defeats are frowned upon
Has liked: 398 likes
Total likes: 226 likes

Post by chappo59 »

Woan's Left Peg...good to see you posting on here again mate always balanced posts from you. Thanks for the Antonio heads up good luck this season :thup:
KernowHammer8
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by KernowHammer8 »

Antonio is a handful and reminds me s bit of Bolasie who could look stupidly average at times in the Championship in terms of poor control or crossing. He's raw but his best attributes mean if he polishes his touch or passing then we could have a great asset. It also shows the board to stop passing on signing good young championship talent because they are 'not ready yet'. Could have had Antonio from £1.5m last year and now paying five fold of that.

Jelavic is a good signing and not as slow as people make out. Brings others into play and gives 100% effort. He is a good finisher but does miss some sitters. I think he'll be a fans favourite if he avoids injuries.

Moses is a quality signing. I'd rather we signed him permanently because I can see another Jenks situation here. Anyone know if theres an agreed price if we want to sign him at the end of the loan?

Song is the best of the lot though, just a shame is isn't available to play straight away but there you go. Anyone who thinks he won't be first choice is deluded. He only looked so poor after Xmas last year as he was carrying a injury that needed surgery. Song, Kouyate and Payet will be beautiful.

Thanks for all the info Jinxed.

Finally, I don't like constant mugging off of exwhuempoyee. Does this forum no favours IMO. Rise above it.
Andy Carroll

Post by Andy Carroll »

This Antonio player looks interesting. I rarely watch the championship but I've heard he was very good for Forest. Championship TOTS of the season and 25. Hopefully, he works out as well as Cresswell.
chappo59
Location: In a land far far away where away defeats are frowned upon
Has liked: 398 likes
Total likes: 226 likes

Post by chappo59 »

Just seen Silkman on SSN touting Ginge......embarrassing :shock:
the wren

Post by the wren »

Is Moses not coming now?