Transfer Window: Summer 2015

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Voronin

Re: Summer 2015 transfer thread

Post by Voronin »

Jack also tweetedthat some chap was incorrect in assuming we won't sign a striner within the next two weeks. I'm sure we'll end up with the litle pea, along with Halilovic, Cambiasso and Song. That would be a fantastic window!
MB
Cricket's Darren Anderton
Has liked: 5671 likes
Total likes: 3086 likes

Post by MB »

Gabers wrote:Joselu hit something ridiculous like 40 in 70 for Real's B team...
What kind of standard are the opposition? I've always thought tier two in Spain was more league one than championship.

I know a few clubs have looked at him and passed so will be interesting to see how he does.
carnage
Has liked: 84 likes
Total likes: 709 likes

Post by carnage »

EastleighHammer16 wrote:Transfer update - We are struggling on most of our main transfer targets, but we expect some
progress before the start of the season!

From young Sully's twitter.
The more things change the more they stay the same.
MB
Cricket's Darren Anderton
Has liked: 5671 likes
Total likes: 3086 likes

Post by MB »

And so starts the "we penny pinch" vs "we are not as big a club as we think" debate!

We've done some decent early business but as someone else said we are now at the stage when clubs look at one in, one out.

There is always a bit of a lull at this stage of the window.
djbubbles
Has liked: 167 likes
Total likes: 115 likes

Post by djbubbles »

I think it depends on our progress to the europa league proper as to who we sign.
If we qualify, i think we will get song, hallovic, little pea and mirrales.
If we dont, we will get song, hallivic, and borini with a south american sully loan special
bobd_uk
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 75 likes

Post by bobd_uk »

jastons wrote:Yeah I get this but struggling to sign the players you want is the same as struggling to sign players. Every professional club in Europe could sign a striker tomorrow if they wanted.
It's July 27th and the window shuts on September 1st. Sakho and Valencia are both currently fit, so we're not in a situation where we must sign a striker as soon as possible, regardless. Yes, it'd be nice to bring in some quality this week, but it isn't the end of the world if we don't.
Gabers

Post by Gabers »

MB wrote: What kind of standard are the opposition? I've always thought tier two in Spain was more league one than championship.

I know a few clubs have looked at him and passed so will be interesting to see how he does.
Oh I have no doubt the level is roughly League 1.... he hasn't replicated anywhere near that kind of form in Germany's Bundasliga last couple of seasons
Hockley Hammer
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 30 likes

Post by Hockley Hammer »

JLCABA wrote:I love the smell of desperation in a morning

Its July 27th FFS Chaps
I can see the point in remaining calm, but everyday is one less till the season starts. We have actually played four competitive games on note and scored 5 goals. Four against a team I'd expect the Colchester team I saw last week to beat as comfortably if not more so.

I don't want another season of underachieving because we can't score goals when it matters.

If we can't find a 20 goals a season striker lets get one who will get at least 10 and with Sakho we have a chance of scoring more with a better midfield hopefully.

As PD says if we wait and go out of the Europa Cup because we keep firing blanks it is a real opportunity wasted and I can't believe it will help morale.

Our lack of goals against very average opposition in competitive games is extremely worrying to me.
Redkanpps dog

Post by Redkanpps dog »

bobd_uk wrote:It's July 27th and the window shuts on September 1st. Sakho and Valencia are both currently fit, so we're not in a situation where we must sign a striker as soon as possible, regardless. Yes, it'd be nice to bring in some quality this week, but it isn't the end of the world if we don't.
I disagree. We'll be banking on Sakho and Valencia to replicate their starting form from last season. Arsenal is never going to be easy so if we fail to score or look convincing you could say that Arsenal are a stronger team anyway which then puts the 2 to the test the following week. If they don't do well then? We'll be hitting the panic button and shelliing out stupid money for a player like Borini.

Try and do the business now while there is still a chunk of the window left. We don't give off the smell of desperation and hopefully get our targets. Wait and i think the previous dealings will be overshadowed by our failure to properly address our lack of goals.
bobd_uk

Post by bobd_uk »

Redkanpps dog wrote:Try and do the business now while there is still a chunk of the window left. We don't give off the smell of desperation and hopefully get our targets. Wait and i think the previous dealings will be overshadowed by our failure to properly address our lack of goals.
I agree that we should try to do the business now. I think we are trying to do just that. If Hernandez was available today, we'd sign him today. The problem seems to be that decent strikers aren't available on the right deal right now.

I also agree that we can't have another window like last time when we ended up bringing Carlton back. We must sign a striker. But he must be good enough too.
Redkanpps dog

Post by Redkanpps dog »

bobd_uk wrote:I agree that we should try to do the business now. I think we are trying to do just that. If Hernandez was available today, we'd sign him today. The problem seems to be that decent strikers aren't available on the right deal right now.

I also agree that we can't have another window like last time when we ended up bringing Carlton back. We must sign a striker. But he must be good enough too.
It's all just starting to smell like previous windows at the moment. Credit for the dealings so far, but now it's seeming like ground hog day where we're linked to a few great names and for our owners (and now son) to come out and say it's not all going as planned so lets hope something comes off. I have that sinking feeling that we're going to sign Lambert or Borini. I can't shake it :cry:
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

^ you do realize that most teams (in our position especially) will have a lot of targets and will fail to sign most of them, right?
the wren
Location: Alpari Upper, complete with view of Barking-Upon-Thames

Post by the wren »

I'd be half expecting Kalinic, Kramaric or Duje Cop to turn up at some point.
Claret&Blue,Thru&
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 14 likes

Post by Claret&Blue,Thru& »

MB wrote:And so starts the "we penny pinch" vs "we are not as big a club as we think" debate!.
Did it ever end? Nothing's going to change while we still have Allardyce in charge: twist. D'oh!
Redkanpps dog

Post by Redkanpps dog »

warp wrote:^ you do realize that most teams (in our position especially) will have a lot of targets and will fail to sign most of them, right?
I do, but most clubs owners don't regularly speak to the press about major signings. We never just go about our business. So much so that we've employed a bloke to talk about our business on the OS.
Roby
Has liked: 255 likes
Total likes: 263 likes

Post by Roby »

Puff Daddy wrote:Just wait until we are dumped out of Europe by the Romanian team before the season gets under way proper and our failure to score so much as one goal over the two ties. That will be when the scrooges have a re-think
I hope you are wrong but I've for a ticket for Thursday and just feel unless we score 2 at home we will go out.

I don't see us keeping a clean sheet there and anyone who remembers our last trip to Romania against Steaua Bucharest will know the officials there are often "inconsistent" to put it mildly so we will be effectively up against 12 men plus an intimidating home support.

Sakho's three match ban could really hurt us...
Last edited by Roby on Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bristolhammerfc
Has liked: 207 likes
Total likes: 657 likes

Post by bristolhammerfc »

xdoyley wrote:Regarding Mirallas, Everton have an asking price of 9.5m which west ham aren't currently paying out for, I have sources which tell me that West Ham have offered a mere 8m, of which has nether been declined or accepted as of yet, it's impossible to see which way it will go but considering Mirallas wants out, we'll just have to see.
Now confirmed as genuine
:kumb:
ageing hammer
Has liked: 486 likes
Total likes: 1492 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

Thanks Bristol and Xdoyley :thup:
Hugh Jargon
Has liked: 169 likes
Total likes: 478 likes

Post by Hugh Jargon »

So we are phaffing about for the sake of circa 1.5 million?

Marvellous.
bobd_uk

Post by bobd_uk »

With the jury out on Valencia, Carroll still injured and only Sakho left, I'd probably argue that we need 2 strikers. We're not going to pay, for example £15m for Austin AND £10m for Hernandez, so I think we should be looking for a loan deal and a permanent deal to cover the position.