Transfer Window: Summer 2015

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Sir_Trevor
Has liked: 274 likes
Total likes: 352 likes

Re: Summer 2015 transfer thread

Post by Sir_Trevor »

Spanner25 wrote:1 month ago I was against Adebeyor but the longer this goes on, I will be begging Spurs to let us have him. :oops:
Which is exactly what Levy will know Sully is thinking when he crawls back to him cap in hand. False economies again, I'm afraid.
DB1975

Post by DB1975 »

It's funny how we thought we'd be the ones mugging Levy off. How the tables have turned.

Who's got a pitchfork? I'll bring a flaming torch.[/quote]

Er, what the **** is that meant to mean?
si_preston_hammer

Post by si_preston_hammer »

kalashnikov wrote:
Aren't most players 'basic' salaries surprisingly low? ie, guaranteed no matter what.

Could be on something like £15k p/wk basic and another £15k p/wk if he makes the match day 18. Plus appearance and goal bonuses.

MAIGA - GOAL BONUSES!!!
westhamerica
Has liked: 57 likes
Total likes: 43 likes

Post by westhamerica »

NeverSayDie wrote:If that was the case they'd have paid him off a long time ago. You'd also have to ask yourself if he was only on £15k a week why did QPR only pay half that when they loaned him 2 seasons back.
Ya'll are missing the key word in UtJ's post, "basic". Average wage in France is between 15-20k a week. The Dave's seem to enjoy incentivizing things, I'd imagine that goal he score at the weekend cost them a decent chunk of change.
hammerleroy

Post by hammerleroy »

I'm beginning to think now that why would any player want to come to the sinking ship that is WHU. And we are sinking make no mistake about that. Don't spend on a striker because when AC/Valencia and Sakho are all fit he'll be an expensive substitute. And what do we so when these three continually get injured as they are certain to do. Some players never seem to get injured, Cottee never did for a start. Others get injured stepping out of bed or off a kerb. It seems to be the West Ham way to sign these sort of players. Can you believe we were actually thinking of paying shedloads of dosh to Alex Song. Unbelievable and thank god that one is dead in the water. Tin hat donned but you Kumbers know I'm right. Almost wish I wasn't! :fsake:
EssexIron
Has liked: 98 likes
Total likes: 54 likes

Post by EssexIron »

I think we should sign somebody but not announce it to anyone, other then the FA, and then when we announce the team sheet on Saturday, Boom,, theres our new striker,,
chigwells finest
Location: crying with family/crying with strangers & just crying tbh
Has liked: 392 likes
Total likes: 160 likes

Post by chigwells finest »

]Well the Boleyn Insider has been spot on with everything else he has said so far this summer:-

[quote="Boleyn Insider"]My understanding is that the Club have made signing a striker one of their main priorities now and they ideally want a forward with a proven track record in the Premier League.

Date: 13th July 2015.

I wonder what the other 'main priorities' were that have got in the way of this one.....for the last 6 weeks.

Selling Maiga perhaps?]

beggars belief , although they were'nt to know Valencia/zarate were going to cripple themselves find it all a bit amateurish tbh
sjfrost1001

Post by sjfrost1001 »

Can't wait for Jon Walters rock up, score 20 goals & save us from relegation.
Last edited by sjfrost1001 on Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sir_Trevor
Has liked: 274 likes
Total likes: 352 likes

Post by Sir_Trevor »

EssexIron wrote:I think we should sign somebody but not announce it to anyone, other then the FA, and then when we announce the team sheet on Saturday, Boom,, theres our new striker,,
I misread that at first as Booo!! That would be quite ironic. Wait all this time for a striker and when he is unveiled everyone boos him (even before they know who he is :D )
MB
Cricket's Darren Anderton
Has liked: 5680 likes
Total likes: 3098 likes

Post by MB »

Releasing Nolan and Maiga feels like something which should have happened in July. We were clearly not going to take the Europa seriously so why play those two rather than blooding another couple of youngsters?

There is now space in the squad but very few decent options to fill the gaps.

They've wasted the best part of a month of this window and now we will end up loaning a couple of Serie A cast offs who will barely play, but will no doubt start a 100 page discussion on here about their best position.

When i look at what we have spent our money on in the last few seasons it makes me weep. Swansea, Stoke and Palace have all built decent squads while we've pissed away millions on misfits and crocks.

Cresswell (assuming he gets his form back...), Sakho (assuming he gets his fitness back/doesn't get sent down), Adrian, Kouyate and Payet. £28m on the treatment table, £9m which we cannot even loan out to the Championship. £8m subbed off after half an hour. The grand total of what we are left with after seven transfer windows in the premier league.
West Ham Matt
Karl Pilkington
Has liked: 160 likes
Total likes: 583 likes

Post by West Ham Matt »

DB1975 wrote:
It's meant to suggest there is going to a witch hunt . What else ?
jenkins89
Has liked: 1 like

Post by jenkins89 »

Which bit? The bit where I'm clearly stating that the balance of power has changed between ourselves and Tottenham as regards to Adebayor? Or the part where I'm advocating forming an angry mob and heading to the Boleyn? Or are you just desperately searching for something to be offended by?

Jesus, what has happened to this place.
goose

Post by goose »

didnt the BI insider trot out some rubbish about us signing one of europe's top defenders??
and we signed...................... Ogbonna. much maligned reserve from Juve who got the hook after 32mins on saturday.
West Ham Matt
Karl Pilkington
Has liked: 160 likes
Total likes: 583 likes

Post by West Ham Matt »

Outside of West Ham my life is sweet. Well on course with the Knowledge, getting married next year and getting a new gaff.

The only thing that is depressing is West Ham :lol:
chigwells finest
Location: crying with family/crying with strangers & just crying tbh
Has liked: 392 likes
Total likes: 160 likes

Post by chigwells finest »

newbie cabbie on the way, your depression will soon know no bounds . good luck .
mullinsovermasch

Post by mullinsovermasch »

Bilic's comments at the presser were pretty clear. He's very unhappy, that the club isn't able to sign players we bitterly need.
Westbourne Bill
Has liked: 130 likes
Total likes: 333 likes

Post by Westbourne Bill »

Free agents can be signed after next Tuesday can't they?
ChazHammer
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 1 like

Post by ChazHammer »

goose wrote:didnt the BI insider trot out some rubbish about us signing one of europe's top defenders??
and we signed...................... Ogbonna. much maligned reserve from Juve who got the hook after 32mins on saturday.
He was hooked after 30 minutes, most likely because of communication worries in what was a badly organised defense.
I maintain that we got a decent player there, although I would accept the argument that we weren't necessarily in great need at CB as opposed to other positions...
Hugh Jargon
Has liked: 169 likes
Total likes: 478 likes

Post by Hugh Jargon »

It's just a shame we are not prepared for our glourious new future at Stratford. Might be put back a couple.of seasons.as.we will probably go down this season..

But it WILL come along one day...and God willing I will still be here.

I'm prepared to.follow West Ham all the way to the blue square league and back up again

:crest:
DixieDean

Post by DixieDean »

goose wrote:didnt the BI insider trot out some rubbish about us signing one of europe's top defenders??
But IMO was our better defender (of a bad bunch) in those 32 minutes