Transfer Window: Summer 2015

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Nosebleed

Re: Summer 2015 transfer thread

Post by Nosebleed »

scatts wrote:
We're ****ed!

Sounds like the sort of message you'd send when you just checked the bank balance and found there was a lot less in there than you thought there should be.
Don't know how that feels but I think I get your point.

Actually, it's less than two weeks until the new season begins. let's look at the positive message in there that we should EXPECT progress.. and, quite frankly, how much is little sully ITK and how likely is he to be playing with such knowledge? I know that if it were me, I'd be pulling on the heart strings of such adoring, emotionally fragile fans.. I'd be pissing my little Y-fronts. Now that's not an image I recommend meditating on for long. Transfer windows are full of said struggle for main targets, but there are plenty of options out there. I'm excited and nervous in equal measure but I do think we are heading in the right direction, off the pitch at least.. a couple more signings, sell off the dead wood, get behind the players, COYI :scarfer:
jastons
Has liked: 902 likes
Total likes: 858 likes

Post by jastons »

EastleighHammer16 wrote:Transfer update - We are struggling on most of our main transfer targets, but we expect some
progress before the start of the season!

From young Sully's twitter.
Wtf does this even mean ? I'm not usually one to be annoyed by young Sully, but telling the world we are struggling to sign players is a bit ****ing stupid and totally counter productive
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2500 likes
Total likes: 4403 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

Thing is, everyone knows they've got money.

Ayew was being quoted at £5m a month ago, now Villa have coughed £9m-£10m.

Saw a comment the other day that Marseille must be regretting selling Payet for about £10.5m when they see the prices Gueye, Amavi and J Ayew are going for.

It's the Sterling money making it's way from Man C to Liverpool to Villa to France.
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2689 likes
Total likes: 1788 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

Whatever Young Jack [ or Mr Sullivan ] is saying we will still have to sign a striker and another wide player and unless my eyes are deceiving me about Randolph [ he looked particularly shaky and all over the place in the Charlton game ] we are going to have to sign a better , more experienced goalkeeper as back up to Adrian .
If we're not willing to pay enough for Mirallas then who's out there - Elmohamady ? - Man Utd's Valencia ? Hoilet ?- Spurs will want too much for Townsend or Dembele so someone I haven't heard of i suppose .

The type of striker we appear to be looking for is either a tank in the Carroll mode or a poacher in the Hernandez mode -
bobd_uk
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 75 likes

Post by bobd_uk »

jastons wrote: Wtf does this even mean ? I'm not usually one to be annoyed by young Sully, but telling the world we are struggling to sign players is a bit ****ing stupid and totally counter productive
He's not saying we're struggling to sign players. He's saying we're struggling to sign our first choice players. I'm sure we could go out and sign a striker tomorrow if we wanted. But they might not be very good. I'd rather wait and sign someone decent. (Although not till 5.59 on deadline day please!).
jastons

Post by jastons »

bobd_uk wrote: He's not saying we're struggling to sign players. He's saying we're struggling to sign our first choice players. I'm sure we could go out and sign a striker tomorrow if we wanted. But they might not be very good. I'd rather wait and sign someone decent. (Although not till 5.59 on deadline day please!).
Yeah I get this but struggling to sign the players you want is the same as struggling to sign players. Every professional club in Europe could sign a striker tomorrow if they wanted.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 813 likes
Total likes: 3033 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

EastleighHammer16 wrote:Transfer update - We are struggling on most of our main transfer targets, but we expect some
progress before the start of the season!

From young Sully's twitter.
That's what happens when you are known in the game for squeezing the last penny from every deal .

Penny wise, pound foolish.
jastons

Post by jastons »

the pink palermo wrote:
Penny wise, pound foolish.
D&D know the cost of everything, but the value of nothing. Or in this case an out and out goalscorer.

Yorke. Cole. Solsekjarr. Sheringham.

I hate Man Utd and Fergie but we could do a lot worse than (try) to replicate that forward line
westhamerica
Has liked: 57 likes
Total likes: 43 likes

Post by westhamerica »

RE: Halilovic, here's 25 minutes after he came on for Barca vs. Man U a couple of days ago:

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mumbles87
Has liked: 55 likes
Total likes: 947 likes

Post by mumbles87 »

has anyone else noticed some of stokes signings? lot of barca fringe players.. latest is Afellay .. quality player .. hope he adjusts.

they are a team I see of the same standard of us at the moment.. hopefully we make a few more signings keep up with them
Johnny Pa(i)ntsil

Post by Johnny Pa(i)ntsil »

Haven't read back far enough to see, but does anyone have it on authority that Hernandez wants to come here? This feels like another Lukaku situation, where we have this massive unrequited fascination with a striker who isn't too interested in us and will only come for a massive payoff (and when their own first 3 or 4 choices don't pick them up).

Young Sullivan's tweet makes me feel that we've done our business and should expect some shoulder shrugs at the close of the transfer window. Mind you, I'd love to be proven wrong. A double, double bluff by the Sullivans.
Gabers

Post by Gabers »

mumbles87 wrote:has anyone else noticed some of stokes signings? lot of barca fringe players.. latest is Afellay .. quality player .. hope he adjusts.

they are a team I see of the same standard of us at the moment.. hopefully we make a few more signings keep up with them
Hughes uses his Barcelona connections well... Afellay is good player but struggled to settle last couple of seasons

Personally I cant stand Stoke! Especially their fans... but im not alone with that opinion
Gabers

Post by Gabers »

Would appear the SWP move to West Ham is dead...

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... -red-bulls" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I wonder how they managed to interrupt his medical with us to sign for them?!
goose

Post by goose »

i think Stoke will finish above us (again) next season.
mumbles87
Has liked: 55 likes
Total likes: 947 likes

Post by mumbles87 »

Gabers wrote: Hughes uses his Barcelona connections well... Afellay is good player but struggled to settle last couple of seasons

Personally I cant stand Stoke! Especially their fans... but im not alone with that opinion
Im with you, horrible team but was that because of Tony pulis? under Hughes they have played some nicer football. Fans though jesus lol

I like Bojan he is much tidier than he looked for barca ironically. Think he was always going to fail their playing in messi's position. Doomed to fail

Afellay have always looked out for.. Looked good at PSV

just signed Joselu aswell. Wasnt he suppose to be the next big thing at Madrid at one point?

Postby goose on Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:13 pm

i think Stoke will finish above us (again) next season.
I agree however if we Europa group stages then I would be happy with that seeing as how many games extra we have to play.

But more games at the Boleyn so all good
Last edited by mumbles87 on Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 258 likes
Total likes: 1161 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Just wait until we are dumped out of Europe by the Romanian team before the season gets under way proper and our failure to score so much as one goal over the two ties. That will be when the scrooges have a re-think
Gabers

Post by Gabers »

Joselu hit something ridiculous like 40 in 70 for Real's B team...
goose

Post by goose »

Sakho probably needs wrapping on cotton wool now seeing as he is our only fit (1st choice) striker.

we cannot afford him to get injured.
JLCABA
Has liked: 197 likes
Total likes: 157 likes

Post by JLCABA »

I love the smell of desperation in a morning

Its July 27th FFS Chaps
claretcloggy

Post by claretcloggy »

JLCABA wrote:I love the smell of desperation in a morning

Its July 27th FFS Chaps
hallelujah!! Expected a tad more patience from you Puff, what's going on?