The 2016 summer transfer thread

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

RayleighHammer23

Re: A £20 million plus striker: The summer transfer thread

Post by RayleighHammer23 »

Everton are in an awkward situation. They now have money so don’t need to sell anyone but Lukaku wants to leave, meaning they have to sell him but the fee that they want is too much to tempt anyone. He is not at the level of Europe’s big guns such as Barca, Real, Bayern etc so will be looking at the levels of those underneath such as Arsenal but are theyreally going to spend their entire budget on him?

Let’s hope so as it means Lacazette is cut off somewhat. I’m sure we weren’t Payet’s first choice but we won him round.
bristolhammerfc
Has liked: 197 likes
Total likes: 609 likes

Post by bristolhammerfc »

Firstly a club lodges a tentative bid based on their valuation.

The players agent is not paid by the player but by the club. The club can state through the agent that they would consider an offer so the agent then talks to interested clubs to see what they would be prepared to offer the player as there would be no point making a bid if the player couldn't agree terms.

All players contracts across all leagues are the same apart from the last two pages which are personal terms.

The agent would then go back to the club to say the player is interested in a move. The two clubs then renegotiate the speculative first bid with the clubs own agent.
YorksHammer
Has liked: 382 likes
Total likes: 1412 likes

Post by YorksHammer »

If Arsenal sign Lukaku they'll win the league, I think. As far as I know the personal terms story has come from that Emanuele Giulianelli bloke who was rubbished on here a few pages back, though.
EvilC
Location: In the street as the cold wind blows, in the ghetto...
Has liked: 2627 likes
Total likes: 1178 likes

Post by EvilC »

I simply don't see Wenger paying all that money for a centre forward that has a poor first touch.
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 145 likes

Post by fmgod »

Lukaku isn't good enough for Arsenal, his all-round game isn't good enough, his touch, movement let him down at times, he's quality don't get me wrong but he isn't an elite striker
Last edited by fmgod on Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
ashbanki
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 22 likes

Post by ashbanki »

I think that Arsenal's first choice is Morata - Until that"ship has sailed" I cannot see them going big on anyone else.
NeverSayDie

Post by NeverSayDie »

thejackhammer wrote:
That definitely wouldn't be allowed. Nor would Marseille and West Ham be able to both play in Europe in the same season.
There are certainly ways around it. Go and have a look who owns Udinese, Watford and Granada and how their players move between each club.
goose

Post by goose »

I kinda like the idea of buying Marseille........ Olympique Marseille and Olympic West Ham.
Belgian Iron
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 45 likes

Post by Belgian Iron »

fmgod wrote:Lukaku isn't good enough for Arsenal, his all-round game isn't good enough, his touch, movement let him down at times, he's quality don't get me wrong but he isn't an elite striker
he would be the perfect signing for Arsenal I guess....gives them a plan B next to their usual suspects.
A plan B which was missing the last 10 years and which has cost em a few titles IMHO. ( and a proper defensive mid)

Would be an expensive plan B though.
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 498 likes
Total likes: 1275 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

Turns out Mane to Liverpool is actually £34million rising to £36million. :lol:
thejackhammer
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by thejackhammer »

Roma linked with Enner, £15 million the asking price apparently. Would bite their hands off.
Chicken Run Supreme
Has liked: 855 likes
Total likes: 823 likes

Post by Chicken Run Supreme »

fmgod wrote:Lukaku isn't good enough for Arsenal, his all-round game isn't good enough, his touch, movement let him down at times, he's quality don't get me wrong but he isn't an elite striker
Lukaku is good enough for any one in the Premier League - 61 goals in all competitions in three seasons at Everton spread over 127 appearances is as good as 1 goal every two games which is the ratio everyone wants for a striker. I would love to see him playing for us more than any other player and he is still only 23 years old.
Hawaiian hammer

Post by Hawaiian hammer »

Lukaku is more than good enough for Arsenal. He is a big step up from Giroud!
Monkey Mike
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Monkey Mike »

Chicken Run Supreme wrote: Lukaku is good enough for any one in the Premier League - 61 goals in all competitions in three seasons at Everton spread over 127 appearances is as good as 1 goal every two games which is the ratio everyone wants for a striker. I would love to see him playing for us more than any other player and he is still only 23 years old.
Plus it guarantees he won't score against us at every single opportunity, barring a Dowie-esque header in his own box!
Jumby
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 35 likes

Post by Jumby »

It doesn't matter who is in charge at Liverpool, they always spend a load more on players than they ever should. That Mane price is insane, he's good but no way a 30m plus player.
Jumby

Post by Jumby »

thejackhammer wrote:Roma linked with Enner, £15 million the asking price apparently. Would bite their hands off.
Please, please, please, he can replace Gervinho as their failed Prem donkey.

15m would be amazing business.
Chippenhammer
Has liked: 22 likes
Total likes: 33 likes

Post by Chippenhammer »

I had a text this morning from a mate who has contacts in the midlands. He states that he has been told that we have real interest in Rico Henry of Walsall. There is interest in a purchase and loan back apparently. He is not a Wes Ham fan so has passed this on because he knows I am. No idea if there is any truth in it. The guy is a young left back.
bobo

Post by bobo »

Lukaku not good enough for Arsenal?!?!

I've now heard it all.....

The guy is a constant threat & an unbelievable goal scorer he is perfect for the way they play.
Jumby

Post by Jumby »

Chippenhammer wrote:I had a text this morning from a mate who has contacts in the midlands. He states that he has been told that we have real interest in Rico Henry of Walsall. There is interest in a purchase and loan back apparently. He is not a Wes Ham fan so has passed this on because he knows I am. No idea if there is any truth in it. The guy is a young left back.
I would very much like this deal to happen, he looks like a very decent prospect from what I've seen of him, apparently quite a few teams are looking at him so if we could I'd like to get that deal done. Before anyone says anything, he's better than Hendrie.
WestHamIFC

Post by WestHamIFC »

Chippenhammer wrote:I had a text this morning from a mate who has contacts in the midlands. He states that he has been told that we have real interest in Rico Henry of Walsall. There is interest in a purchase and loan back apparently. He is not a Wes Ham fan so has passed this on because he knows I am. No idea if there is any truth in it. The guy is a young left back.
Finally some cover for Cresswell I thought!! Then I read the bit about "purchase and loan back"... :(