The 2016 summer transfer thread

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Bury Me @ The Boleyn

Re: A £20 million plus striker: The summer transfer thread

Post by Bury Me @ The Boleyn »

Lostcoco wrote:Mario Gomez ruled out of the EURO2016 with a hamstring injury. I wanted to see more of we he could do
Take the injury as an indication. Super Mario is great on his day but injuries have plagued him for years. With Carroll and Sakho already no guarantee to be healthy, I would be somewhat concerned with bringing in another striker who has injury problems.

Janssen + Gomez might not be so bad, but reports out of France are suggestion Janssen might be happy to collect splinters with his paycheck.
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by fmgod »

Janssen will start at PSG I would expect with Zlatan gone and Cavani very random
Fishdo
Has liked: 105 likes
Total likes: 33 likes

Post by Fishdo »

Spuds have gone in for Icardi at 38mill and he's apparently flying in to London this week to discuss terms..,

That's on a few sites RWH and Vf etc

Then a few others including Hugh saying the Bolasie story ain't going nowhere...

I'm still confident that we will have another great season... On a positive we know Slav will know all he needs to about dealing with the players we have missed when we face them ;)
Lostcoco

Post by Lostcoco »

Benteke to Palace is happening. He's just followed Crystal Palace on twitter if that means anything

okay he unfollowed them lol
Modern
Has liked: 11 likes
Total likes: 81 likes

Post by Modern »

I'm certain Spurs won't sign Icardi or anyone for 38m. I don't think we could afford the fee or the wages.
M*A*R*C

Post by M*A*R*C »

I can honestly understand Batshuayi completely.

He is young, far from being the finished article, and needs playing time.

He is obviously more likely to get that at a mid table team like Stoke or Chelsea.
Rocketron
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 52 likes

Post by Rocketron »

Jfar90 wrote:Any deal that goes through needs to be right for the squad, the player and the clubs bank account. A few of the players we've been linked with i'd love, but do we really want players who are happy to sign for big wages and sit on benches? Or do we want hungry players who want to achieve things with the project we have developing here?
Wash out your mouth with soap !
DaveWHU1964
Has liked: 1302 likes
Total likes: 684 likes

Post by DaveWHU1964 »

Nicely done Marc :)
whu98jb

Post by whu98jb »

So now batshuayi has signed for Chelsea does that mean Remy is available?
steveyrockstar
Has liked: 171 likes
Total likes: 782 likes

Post by steveyrockstar »

Jumby wrote:Maccarone has a 1 in 3 goalscoring ratio over the last two seasons in Serie A, he's 36! That league is not what it used to be, which is why I'm a little bit sceptical about the Bacca talk, for that kind of money anyway
Amazingly the Italy national team still do it on the international stage. If you look at their Euro squad a lot of their players have all been modest transfers - even Eder has been cheap without a great scoring record.

Is the interest in Zaza dead? And what's his appeal? He's not been a regular scorer in serie A
Lostcoco

Post by Lostcoco »

Still quite distraught we were so close to getting Batshuayi Headbanger
steveyrockstar
Has liked: 171 likes
Total likes: 782 likes

Post by steveyrockstar »

This comment was removed by a moderator because it failed to abide by our community standards. For more details, please refer to the Forum Terms of Use. Replies may also be deleted.
Rockhampton Hammer
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by Rockhampton Hammer »

M*A*R*C wrote:I can honestly understand Batshuayi completely.

He is young, far from being the finished article, and needs playing time.

He is obviously more likely to get that at a mid table team like Stoke or Chelsea.
Is the correct answer. Maybe we should send him a rousing rendition of where to place his Blue Flag.
Alfiehammer

Post by Alfiehammer »

Modern wrote:I'm certain Spurs won't sign Icardi or anyone for 38m. I don't think we could afford the fee or the wages.

U expecting to be a bit skint for a while until the stadium is paid for? Have the spuds hierarchy made any sort of claims on how much more income the stadium will generate?
goose

Post by goose »

Anyone got any good news??
NineBelowZero

Post by NineBelowZero »

We don't need another target man like Benteme whilst we have Carrol. Whats wrong with Wilfried Bony who is a natural goal scorer. If Sakho leaves go for Andre Ayew.
ham'n'hammer

Post by ham'n'hammer »

I'm pretty sure payet and gignac are mates from marseille days
might be a good shout
Kialos
Has liked: 1548 likes
Total likes: 769 likes

Post by Kialos »

This thread was started in February 2016 with the title based on comments made by Brady. About 6 weeks ago we had Sullivan making public our transfer intentions with his children continuing to do so since.

Rather than informing other posters to"get a grip" "stop acting like spoilt brats" "drama queens" and boringly so on, perhaps those with that disposition can focus their minds as to who is responsible for the setting of expectation levels this transfer window..... No one knows what is going on behind the scenes and that includes those that shout down and belittle others who dare to express an opinion on an internet forum.

A lot of people were shouted down in January. Who were they to question the clubs transfer policy, to rubbish Emenike when Slaven Bilic knows the player, who are they to criticise such a value for money signing? We all know what happened there...
Alfiehammer

Post by Alfiehammer »

Kialos wrote:This thread was started in February 2016 with the title based on comments made by Brady. About 6 weeks ago we had Sullivan making public our transfer intentions with his children continuing to do so since.

Rather than informing other posters to"get a grip" "stop acting like spoilt brats" "drama queens" and boringly so on, perhaps those with that disposition can focus their minds as to who is responsible for the setting of expectation levels this transfer window..... No one knows what is going on behind the scenes and that includes those that shout down and belittle others who dare to express an opinion on an internet forum.
I think people can comment they are a bit disappointed that a personal favourite they wanted signing has slipped from the net...I most want benteke signed personally...but ultimately my trust is with the daves and billic. I'd certainly never heard of most our signings a year ago.

Big difference between expressing some disappointment and being a drama queen. If it offends someone that most, stop reading the thread. Presumably it's something done in your leisure time you do for fun. You don't Have to log in and read it. Or ignore/ don't react to the post you don't like.

Just saying :scarfer:
wigwig

Post by wigwig »

The next step that the club is trying to make is the hardest as in the move to being a regular contender in the premier league. We've been turned down by players who have ended up at PSG and Chelsea. Jesus, come on, it happens. The only way one of these premier targets will sign for us is if we blow the wage structure out of the water like the Chinese clubs are doing, then you risk upsetting every player at the club. We have zero pedigree in Europe. End of story the Daves ARE doing a great job. Look at the club now compared to 5 years ago. It's night and day. The story about Neymar is boring the **** out of me, the owners shoot from the hip and are a bit mouthy, so what? If I owned a football club id probably be the same.