The 2016 summer transfer thread

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

ageing hammer
Has liked: 486 likes
Total likes: 1491 likes

Re: A £20 million plus striker: The summer transfer thread

Post by ageing hammer »

VeniceHammer wrote:Di Marzio says we've already met with lazio for enner. They offer 2M € upfront for a loan with the right to buy at 13M, but we're pushing for them to be obliged to buy after the loan
smuts wrote:
Yeah I bet we are....there is no chance we'll see that other 11m.

When they realize how **** he is they will offer us 11 pounds next season.......and we will take it :D
goose

Post by goose »

Chelsea fans probably said the same thing about Salah and look how he turned out!!
Aceface
Has liked: 373 likes
Total likes: 1471 likes

Post by Aceface »

Ken Dyer (or the Standard for that matter) aren't as much in the speculative business as the red tops - he/they don't tend to "get ahead" of stories. If he's reporting it it's normally something that's either happened or considered fairly likely to happen within the club.
ageing hammer
Has liked: 486 likes
Total likes: 1491 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

Hugh Jargon II wrote:At this stage of progression don't get hung up on age or fees. We have to be realistic at this stage. Pardon?

That sounds like what you would hear outside a massage parlour in Amsterdam :D
YorksHammer
Has liked: 383 likes
Total likes: 1414 likes

Post by YorksHammer »

Mayday wrote:You're forgetting Gabbiadini as well.
I can't see us getting Bacca and Janssen, surely it will be one or the other. Quite unbelievable if we did though.
It's a curious one, because if we are able to bid what we can on Lacazette we should theoretically be able to bid the asking price on the pair of them. And even Gabbiadini, he's in a not dissimilar price range as Janssen (allegedly) so would fit the bill. We could still get two of those in, in my opinion.

Could probably see Gabbiadini as more attractive as apart from last season he's also spent a lot of time on the wing, so his flexibility works for us when you consider what Valencia (supposedly) offers us.

Gabbiadini for Valencia. Janssen or Bacca for Sakho.
Faubert's Boot
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 26 likes

Post by Faubert's Boot »

Please be bacca.

Asked my Italian milan supporting mate about gabbiadini, said he's very good and should have been in the Italy squad.

Both would be unreal business.
jenkins89
Has liked: 1 like

Post by jenkins89 »

Faubert's Boot wrote:Please be bacca.

Asked my Italian milan supporting mate about gabbiadini, said he's very good and should have been in the Italy squad.

Both would be unreal business.
Would probably be a better next step for club in terms of building for the future than just spunking nearly £40m on one player. :scarfer:
CorkHammer91

Post by CorkHammer91 »

Assume this has been mentioned but Sky Bet have us odds on favs to sign Robbie Brady.

Decent squad player imo, left back or left wing. Great set pieces too.
Lostcoco

Post by Lostcoco »

Linked with Robby Brady. Cover for cresswell?

Gabbiadini is a must! :scarfer:
TerranWarrior

Post by TerranWarrior »

The asking price on Brady is supposed to be £11m. That's an expensive cover player.
Aceface
Has liked: 373 likes
Total likes: 1471 likes

Post by Aceface »

Quite enjoy being linked with Serie A players. I have an aversion to that league so rarely see Italian teams other than in European competition.

It takes me back to the pre-internet days of knowing nothing about the foreign players we were linked with. Because I know naff all about Gabbiadini.
Iron Reader

Post by Iron Reader »

You guys don't release if we get rid of sakho and Valencia we have one striker of which is Carroll , as we have already sold emenike , next I feel we shall / should keep sakho help change his attitude problems as well as Carroll then another two striker hopefully bacca and gabbiadini so there's four too quality strikers :scarfer:
Aztec Hammer
Has liked: 865 likes
Total likes: 4269 likes

Post by Aztec Hammer »

CorkHammer91 wrote:Assume this has been mentioned but Sky Bet have us odds on favs to sign Robbie Brady.

Decent squad player imo, left back or left wing. Great set pieces too.
Left back = magic Aaron Cresswell
Left wing = we've got Payet
Great set pieces = PAYETTTTT

Robbie Brady = world's unluckiest man if he joins us!
JohnSissonsWasMyHero

Post by JohnSissonsWasMyHero »

At least we can strike Messi off the list. He's just been sent to prison for 21 months for tax evasion.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/201 ... ing-found/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SiamHammer
Has liked: 1076 likes
Total likes: 199 likes

Post by SiamHammer »

JohnSissonsWasMyHero wrote:At least we can strike Messi off the list. He's just been sent to prison for 21 months for tax evasion.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/201 ... ing-found/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.kumb.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... 6#p4723154" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sweeney Bod
Shirley Temple

Post by Sweeney Bod »

Aceface wrote:
It takes me back to the pre-internet days of knowing nothing about the foreign players we were linked with. Because I know naff all about Gabbiadini.
Thank god for the Internet and Wikipedia.

He seems a bit old, 48 is a bit long in the tooth. However, he has a decent career average of 1 goal every 3 games...not bad for a defender. Despite the exotic name, he was actually born in Nottingham and has played for England B, (whatever happened to England B?). :?
SiamHammer
Has liked: 1076 likes
Total likes: 199 likes

Post by SiamHammer »

Sweeney Bod wrote:
He seems a bit old, 48 is a bit long in the tooth. However, he has a decent career average of 1 goal every 3 games...not bad for a defender. Despite the exotic name, he was actually born in Nottingham and has played for England B, (whatever happened to England B?). :?
Got ****ed off for showing up England A
CB_CB

Post by CB_CB »

Sweeney Bod wrote:
Thank god for the Internet and Wikipedia.

Used to rate old Marco when was first on scene at Sunderland!

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by CB_CB on Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Crossd_Hammrs
Has liked: 370 likes
Total likes: 221 likes

Post by Crossd_Hammrs »

ageing hammer wrote:The cryptic clue is a plane, must be flying in, hmm... A Stryker, first name Ted...has to be this guy....
Sheringham, again?

To be honest, Jack's clue is very vague. Could be a winger, could have been confirming it was Bolasie, could mean flying in from Europe (though why it wouldn't symbolise flying in from anywhere else, I have no idea), it could symbolise "airport" so could be anyone from Istanbul. Airport and winger... double-hint at Tore?
If it's as Pezza suggests, one for the future, and it's Rodriguez I'd be a bit underwhelmed - I know he's young but surely Elliot Lee could rival that tally in a team like Barca? And do we really need him on top of Martinez, Ford, Parfitt-Williams, Browne, and this rumoured Ashley kid? Would surely rule out the Arsenal and Man City kids we've been linked with, but if the report is correct we need to be offering bigger wages than Malaga and a couple of top Turkish clubs.

The aeroplane smiley might as well have been red herring one!
Last edited by Crossd_Hammrs on Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CB_CB

Post by CB_CB »

No he pretty much confirmed 100% it was not Bolasie and the player was coming from abroad