The 2016 summer transfer thread

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

coyi27

Re: A £20 million plus striker: The summer transfer thread

Post by coyi27 »

I think this thread might be longer than the Chilcott report, by the end of the window.
Ding
Has liked: 144 likes
Total likes: 511 likes

Post by Ding »

The game is gigantic these days. You should have upgraded your RAM or even change to a quicker processor. If you'd done that rather than cheap out on hardware, we'd known the result of these negotiations yesterday.

I blame you.
Beavis Danzig
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 782 likes

Post by Beavis Danzig »

Rio wrote:Can the witch play up front? Before we start with the burning business
she's more of a flying winger.
Exiledin cardiff
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 56 likes

Post by Exiledin cardiff »

Just heard from my nephew who works at City Airport.

Sully was stopped at customs for having too much Bacca apparently he couldn't convince them it was for personal use
jenkins89

Post by jenkins89 »

Rio wrote: Can the witch play up front? Before we start with the burning business
More of a sweeper, I've heard. 8-)
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 764 likes
Total likes: 3494 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

Back on topic, please...
Kev59
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by Kev59 »

To think that when this thread was started, its title: "A £20 million plus striker" was shocking. The idea of us paying £20m for a striker? Gotta be having a laugh..... Today it seems that £20m doesn't get you feeding at the "big boy's" table after all. As DS said, this transfer market is mental.

I think that just like in the past few years, there will be a few pleasant surprises before the window slams shut. If Bacca doesn't sign up, we'll move on and find someone else. Rather have someone who actually wants to be here, rather than one who sees us as the last choice.

Hopeful that we'll also see the chuckle brothers, Sakho and Valencia leave; neither can be doing much for team spirit, just like Alex Song last year.
Ding
Has liked: 144 likes
Total likes: 511 likes

Post by Ding »

Rio wrote: Can the witch play up front? Before we start with the burning business
A late broomer, I hear.
CB_CB

Post by CB_CB »

Rio wrote:
Can the witch play up front? Before we start with the burning business
I agree there's too much at stake
HammerPDC
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 1161 likes

Post by HammerPDC »

Wilf Bony and Mario Gomez please! Not all that bothered if Bacca does or doesn't sign
Last edited by HammerPDC on Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BostonHammer

Post by BostonHammer »

Balotelli please.
DDHammer

Post by DDHammer »

Kev59 wrote: Hopeful that we'll also see the chuckle brothers, Sakho and Valencia leave; neither can be doing much for team spirit, just like Alex Song last year.
Bit unfair on Song and Valencia. Valencia has been shifted around positions and been in and out of the squad but has largely just got on with it despite constant abuse from the fans.

Can't remember Song doing anything wrong either that would affect team spirit? Both are model pros when compared to Sakho.
Last edited by DDHammer on Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YorksHammer
Has liked: 383 likes
Total likes: 1415 likes

Post by YorksHammer »

Not sure if it's been talked about on here or not, but Ex's column last night says we're definitely not in for Benteke but have offers in for 7 (seven) strikers. That's down from the previous list he published, which was:

Bacca, Pelle, Janssen, Lacazette, Batshuayi, Gomez, Zaza, Milik, Benteke, Calleri, Ben Yedder and Braithwaite.

Pull out the names that have moved, been ruled out (i.e. Benteke) or said they are categorically not moving (i.e. Milik), and we're left with:

Bacca, Lacazette, Gomez, Zaza, Calleri, Ben Yedder and Braithwaite

So I guess not much is really changing - we're just getting targets knocked off. As far as I understand (although all the news has gone quiet) we've still got an offer in for Lacazette? Pretty sure Jinxed said we were still at the table there.

The only one of those names that doesn't immediately set me off is Braithwaite - not been impressed by what I saw from him at Toulouse. All those others are darned good for me (although Calleri is only based on what I've seen on Youtube - the rest are from actually watching them play a bit). My gut still says Ben Yedder, but hey. We'll see.
DixieDean

Post by DixieDean »

I don't get all the Bony loving.........

Think i would genuinely rather Eminike in the team, at least he put a solid shift it when we never had the ball, Bony IMO is terrible, i would be absolutely gutted if he became our club record signing!

If the Bacca rumours are true he has turned us down, i think we are Benteke or bust TBH.
hammers92
Has liked: 314 likes
Total likes: 1786 likes

Post by hammers92 »

DixieDean wrote:I don't get all the Bony loving.........

Think i would genuinely rather Eminike in the team, at least he put a solid shift it when we never had the ball, Bony IMO is terrible, i would be absolutely gutted if he became our club record signing!

If the Bacca rumours are true he has turned us down, i think we are Benteke or bust TBH.
There's no comparison between Bony and Emineke, none. Bony has scored 26 in 54 for Swansea. After the names we've been linked with yes it would feel like a climb down but would he improve our squad? Yes he would.
Lostcoco

Post by Lostcoco »

1 Ben with a side of Yedder please.

Also a Calleri on loan

A LB

window closed
Iron-on-transfer
Has liked: 33 likes
Total likes: 262 likes

Post by Iron-on-transfer »

Yes... @HammerPDC...I am a little surprised that Bony hasn't come up for discussion more in all this. Didn't we supposedly try to get him a couple of seasons ago? I'd much prefer him to Benteke....

....and Balotelli - just NO!!....if you want team spirit & moral to be as flat as a witches' tit after just a few months...then he's your man.
Last edited by Iron-on-transfer on Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gmhammer

Post by gmhammer »

BostonHammer wrote:Balotelli please.
:shock:
No! Just No!
We did so well last season partly based on a fantastic team spirit and sense of togetherness, that guy would destroy it in seconds and sow division in the squad like happened towards the end of Pardews tenure.
Kev59

Post by Kev59 »

DDHammer wrote: Can't remember Song doing anything wrong either that would affect team spirit? Both are model pros when compared to Sakho.
Allegedly why he didn't feature at all in the run-in last season. As soon as it became clear we wouldn't be making his move permanent, he was said to be **** stirring with a few others (can't remember who).

Valencia has the talent, but I don't think he wants to be here. When he was given the chance to claim his place, he didn't seem too bothered.
CB_CB

Post by CB_CB »

BostonHammer wrote:Balotelli please.
rather sign Adam Johnson than that idiot