The 2016 summer transfer thread

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

YorksHammer
Has liked: 383 likes
Total likes: 1413 likes

Re: The 2016 summer transfer thread

Post by YorksHammer »

If Remy is the answer you are definitely asking the wrong questions.
djoe

Post by djoe »

Any truth in the rumours that Valencia is off to Villa ??
Hamburger
Has liked: 861 likes
Total likes: 444 likes

Post by Hamburger »

I take your points guys, although you forgot to mention the silly yellow card and missed penalty in the Euros as well as the bad attitude when he played us. He may well turn out to be a good player but I wish he had jumped at the chance to play for us rather than take us to the cleaners. Yes they have to get the best deal but not reluctantly join because they can't refuse the offer. That may be the way it is nowadays but it doesn't mean I have to like it. Caleri's attitude was great, he was delighted to join, and I'd rather have that than a mercenary with prima donna tendancies.
Hammer1972
Has liked: 56 likes
Total likes: 209 likes

Post by Hammer1972 »

Hamburger wrote:I take your points guys, although you forgot to mention the silly yellow card and missed penalty in the Euros as well as the bad attitude when he played us. He may well turn out to be a good player but I wish he had jumped at the chance to play for us rather than take us to the cleaners. Yes they have to get the best deal but not reluctantly join because they can't refuse the offer. That may be the way it is nowadays but it doesn't mean I have to like it. Caleri's attitude was great, he was delighted to join, and I'd rather have that than a mercenary with prima donna tendancies.
Do you have any actual evidence/links for this?
hawkins_hammer
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by hawkins_hammer »

the pink palermo wrote:
Samuelsen

Send him somewhere to see if he can make a difference .Assess his workrate in a poor team, assess his character , see how much he wants it .

He has skill to burn, but most of them do .It's the rest of it that makes the difference between those that make it and those that don't quite .
I look at this guy the complete opposite to you but come to the same conclusion.

He has skill to burn that not many other players I've seen have, and in the Premier League it's skill not workrate that makes the difference. Anyone can learn shape and diligence. It's this he needs to polish and learn, and then we can use his unique talent to our advantage.
mattyD
Has liked: 307 likes
Total likes: 336 likes

Post by mattyD »

Maybe Remy's gonna play right back.......... seriously though probably just cover till Ayew is back?? if the rumours are true.

An experienced RB would be nice.
My_Sobriquet
Has liked: 89 likes
Total likes: 92 likes

Post by My_Sobriquet »

Football isn't really analogous to a normal job though is it.
And we aren't discussing sakho' strop, moreso comparing his playing style to our potential new recruit.
What could be interesting is if sakho stayed and zaza joined, up front as a pair they would make klopp cream his lingerie with their "gegenpress"
rare as rockinghorse shat
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by rare as rockinghorse shat »

There's very few things more beautiful than an Italian striker celebrating a goal.

Celebrating a goal in the claret and blue, well that's just crazy land.
DDHammer

Post by DDHammer »

"This was due in no small part to the fact that while Berardi has had some disciplinary problems, Zaza has an exemplary attitude in training and Conte is reportedly thrilled that Zaza is always trying to improve himself. Against Norway Conte played him up front with new Borussia Dortmund signing Ciro Immobile and the pair seemed to gel nicely."

The rise of Simone Zaza is a brilliant story but there is more to him than an impressive beard. He has turned his early problems around and developed a brilliant attitude. He works hard for his team, has learnt to control his temper and now has the ability to go on and make it at the top of the game. He just needs to continue what he is doing and it won’t be long before he’s on the move."
Last edited by DDHammer on Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LeonRivers
Has liked: 1035 likes
Total likes: 394 likes

Post by LeonRivers »

My_Sobriquet wrote:What's wrong with sakho' workrate ?

Every game I've seen him play he works his nuts off for the team.
The current situation is totally different kettle of fish
Yeah, but we don't like him anymore so we can make up any old **** and pretend that it's true.
LeonRivers
Has liked: 1035 likes
Total likes: 394 likes

Post by LeonRivers »

Hamburger wrote:I take your points guys, although you forgot to mention the silly yellow card and missed penalty in the Euros as well as the bad attitude when he played us. He may well turn out to be a good player but I wish he had jumped at the chance to play for us rather than take us to the cleaners. Yes they have to get the best deal but not reluctantly join because they can't refuse the offer. That may be the way it is nowadays but it doesn't mean I have to like it. Caleri's attitude was great, he was delighted to join, and I'd rather have that than a mercenary with prima donna tendancies.
Like that **** Payet?
My_Sobriquet

Post by My_Sobriquet »

Happens far too often in here Leon you are quite right.

A bit like players who are out injured/not picked getting better every week they don't play...
Turns to Stone
Has liked: 234 likes
Total likes: 1504 likes

Post by Turns to Stone »

Simone Zaza is a 25 year-old with 14 Italy caps and who moved for 18m Euros to one of the best teams in Europe less than two seasons ago.

Jonathan Calleri has never played ourtside of South America, has never represented his country and who's last transfer was for a nominal fee.

Unfair to compare the two in my opinion and not really sure why Zaza should jump at the chance to play for West Ham without getting himself the best possible deal. From what I've seen of him, he looks good. And a yellow card and a missed pen don't seem like the worst crime that a prospective West Ham signing could have committed.
ironsjh

Post by ironsjh »

Seen comments that we should go for Nasri, he's joined Besiktas on a season long loan.
My_Sobriquet

Post by My_Sobriquet »

I agree with you TTS but didn't calleri just represent his country at the olympics :wink:
Last edited by My_Sobriquet on Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hammer1975
Has liked: 977 likes
Total likes: 1144 likes

Post by hammer1975 »

If Valencia and/or Sakho move on I wonder if there is a chance of Zaza AND Remy.....

Still want a right back personally too
Matt of iron

Post by Matt of iron »

My_Sobriquet wrote:I agree with you TTS but didn't zaza just represent his country at the olympics :
No.. :?
Patito

Post by Patito »

Hamburger I mentioned the penalty.

Not sure what him getting a booking means? We're not signing player who have been booked now? :?

Strange to question this guy's attitude then bring up Remy.
My_Sobriquet

Post by My_Sobriquet »

Obviously I meant calleri Matthew :lol:
YorksHammer
Has liked: 383 likes
Total likes: 1413 likes

Post by YorksHammer »

This is good on Zaza - https://attitudesports.co/hunger-and-fo ... s-success/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Do not mistake him for a loose cannon. Zaza, who turns 25 on Saturday, confesses that he could be hot-tempered in his younger years – once getting reported to the police after brawling with a “much bigger kid” as a teenager – but you could hardly accuse him of going off the rails. As he told it to Gazzetta dello Sport in 2014: “I’ve never smoked a joint, American poker doesn’t excite me, and I don’t like strong alcoholic drinks.”

Nor, indeed, has he gone down the stereotypical path of lavish spending on fancy cars – preferring for many years to ride around on his little electric scooter. In fact, Zaza never even got around to learning how to drive. He has been studying for the theory part of his licence in-between games this summer.

I genuinely cannot find any reports of him being a prima donna or having a bad attitude. His goal against us was properly good as well.