The 2016 summer transfer thread

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2689 likes
Total likes: 1788 likes

Re: The 2016 summer transfer thread

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

West Ham and Stoke linked to 19 year old defensive midfielder Lucas Tousart of Lyon [ oh no not them again ! ] according to ' France Football ' - http://sportwitness.co.uk/stoke-city-we ... -deadline/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?
ashbanki
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 22 likes

Post by ashbanki »

Zaza is comp for Carroll - He's not so domineering in the air , but is more mobile and industrious, but he is not the " goal machine" we had been targetting this window,imo.I cannot see Carroll and Zaza working in tandem, but hope that Remy can be that option with Fletcher and, possibly, Calleri!
Im concerned that Bilic playing down the need for a second striker by saying that Ayew could be back by december - There are a lot of points to play for before then and, if fit, we will lose him for the first six weeks of the new year anyway.
I expect Obiang to go, now we are out of Europe and even wonder if the cups are enough to keep Randolph.
DannyboyDJL
Has liked: 40 likes
Total likes: 208 likes

Post by DannyboyDJL »

Zaza has all the ingredients to be an absolute hero here.

Works hard, wand of a left foot, Italian, Beard, Tattoos, skin head. He's made for us.
beckton

Post by beckton »

carnage wrote: What competition have we beaten off to sign Zaza and Edmilson?

I dunno but what has that got to do with your post and my reply to it?

You seem to have gone off on a tangent.
Monkeybubbles
Has liked: 497 likes
Total likes: 1982 likes

Post by Monkeybubbles »

Good news about Zaza, his missus' nose is acceptable....

Also, when trolled about his penalty miss, she replied "I assure you he always hits the spot".
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2689 likes
Total likes: 1788 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

On page 1279 I reported that we were interested in Marcelo Brozovic , a Croatian midfielder who plays for Inter Milan - last night ' Ironmike ' of ' Football Rumours ' reported that Slaven Bilic wishes to push through a move for the 23 year old - today all I can find is a report in the ' Metro ' that Chelsea and Arsenal are after him .
bobbymooresbracelet

Post by bobbymooresbracelet »

3 months activity and i'm not impressed with any of them.
ludo22
Has liked: 16 likes
Total likes: 133 likes

Post by ludo22 »

I thought the finish by Zaza against us had a touch of quality that is beyond anything we have at the moment.None of our current lot would have finished that with such ease.Valencia would have fallen over and Carroll would have pulled a muscle.
vaz te's bonnet
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by vaz te's bonnet »

Out of everyone who has moved this window who have you been impressed with then. that we had a realistic chance of signing.
Ifebbubbles

Post by Ifebbubbles »

Zaza can become our new Dean Ashton
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 236 likes
Total likes: 2575 likes

Post by Burnley Hammer »

So - considering we're no longer in Europe - don't we have enough in Zaza, Carroll, Calleri, Ayew, and Fletcher? If we bring another striker in, I can only assume that we'll send Fletcher out on loan as a result.
only1post
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 86 likes

Post by only1post »

ashbanki wrote:now we are out of Europe and even wonder if the cups are enough to keep Randolph.
Hopefully Pickford has a good game for Sunderland today or Moyes might be tempted.
vaz te's bonnet
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by vaz te's bonnet »

I wonder if this talk of Bony aswell until January they will let Fletcher go out on loan for 6 months to the championship to score for fun and get game time. To come back in January and kick on from there.
Iron-on-transfer
Has liked: 33 likes
Total likes: 262 likes

Post by Iron-on-transfer »

Johnny Byrne's Boots wrote:ExWHU is saying Debuchy has been told he can leave and wants to stay in London
Seriously? That's been discussed on here already. I do wonder, now his inside contact no longer works at the club whether he's just resorted to reading social media and this thread now! Nothing personal (apart from that chalk on a blackboard voice) but I listened to one of those Phoenix FM podcasts and for me, there were too many things said that anyone could have picked up on via a social media session and too many "well, that's a possibility" or "it may happen, it may not".
:?
WestHamIFC

Post by WestHamIFC »

DannyboyDJL wrote:Zaza has all the ingredients to be an absolute hero here.

Works hard, wand of a left foot, Italian, Beard, Tattoos, skin head. He's made for us.
Yep, I'm quietly optimistic he'll be a revelation for us. Apparently averaging a goal every 130 minutes? So finally given a chance in his career to start every week could get close to that elusive 20 goals?

By all accounts loves closing down and chasing lost causes too - exactly the type of thing that got the crowd on Tevez's side when he struggled for a start under Pardew / Curbs. He'll also be super-motivated to be trusted with a starting berth too.

At best could be the next Tevez, at worst the next Massimo Maccarone.

Darren Randolph can't wait...

Wilko1304
Location: "Once you start complicating things the end result is less inflatables"
Has liked: 1519 likes
Total likes: 3183 likes

Post by Wilko1304 »

beckton wrote: Nah, just some of us are just a bit more realistic than you are and understand where we stand in the pecking order.

I think you lack perspective as there'll be bigger clubs than us rushing through last minute deals as there always is. I'm sure they'd prefer to get all their business done early too but it just doesn't happen.
Id take out realistic and put in defensive.

What part of the "pecking order" are we in that has forced us to wait until the last week of the window to sign a player in our priority position? And do all these clubs do it every year?

This infographic shows us that Manchester United are the only club of real similarity to us, and most would argue their dealings in the last few years have been haphazard.
Maroonmachine

Post by Maroonmachine »

He's very Italian isn't he. Wish he'd get on and sign instead of constantly being 'imminent'.

Probably waiting to see how we get on against Citeh ....
EastleighHammer16
Has liked: 234 likes
Total likes: 1676 likes

Post by EastleighHammer16 »

His missus is now liking tweets saying you'll love living in London, Welcome to London etc. Not sure what the hold up is but i reckon the deal is done.
WestHamIFC

Post by WestHamIFC »

Peaches wrote:Mirror linking us with Callum Chambers on loan. Would think about it if we had an option to buy, but no interest in paying Arsenal to develop another right back. I'd also consider Phil Jones on a loan with option to buy, but he'd have to prove he's over his injuries. Villa are looking to get Micah Richards off the books and while his star has fallen lately he is a solid defensive right back with a lot more experience than Byram, but I'd still take Iorfa over all of them. He gas played a lot of matches for someone so young and will be England's right back in a couple of years.... And he wants to come to West Ham.
I recall Gooner fans saying Chambers is total crap @ RB but a decent CB - or did I get that the wrong way around? :think:
S-H
Has liked: 5739 likes
Total likes: 9655 likes

Post by S-H »

Trippier doesn't even make the Spurs matchday squad anymore?

Is he injured, or have they sold him?

If he is available for a decent fee (yeah I know) then I think he would be a good option.