Transfer Window: January 2017

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

NeverSayDie

Re: Transfer Window: January 2017

Post by NeverSayDie »

Ba started his rehab in August so whether he'd be ready to play next month who knows.

Thing is though he's on over double the wages of any player on our staff.

Shaw had a similar injury and was out for 10 months.
stu1
Has liked: 669 likes
Total likes: 1038 likes

Post by stu1 »

If Ba hasn't played a single minute of football since his leg break I just can't see it being true. I know Jinxed has a very good track record of information and I'm sure his comments are in good faith, but I'd be shocked if this happens.
Gep

Post by Gep »

Just find this so bizarre.
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 834 likes
Total likes: 4918 likes

Post by -DL- »

As horrific as Ba's injury looked, it hung like it did because it was a nice, clean break - which are the easiest ones to treat and heal. So long as the bone has fused nice and straight, there would be no reason why he couldn't get back to playing football at a good level again - hopefully not for us though, as he was on a downward spiral before the leg break - and by the time he is match fit, the season would almost be over.
Believer
Has liked: 1432 likes
Total likes: 766 likes

Post by Believer »

The Lone Hammer wrote:The guys leg was wrecked, the last I heard about him was a month or so ago when he was talking about 'maybe' being back in time for the Chinese season start (in March).

No way this is happening.
It could be and I stress could be that maybe a deal has been struck to sign him purely on loan to assist his rehabilitation. No fee, no wages but he goes back to China in March. Sullivan is probably thinking that if we can get January and February out of him, we have the African cup out the way and Sakho will be back.

Short termism as usual. You just know that he will probably play about one game, Sakho will come back injured and Carroll will get injured on 31st January.

Happy New Year !! :crest:
DustyHammer
Total likes: 12 likes

Post by DustyHammer »

Not that it'll affect us all that much, but looks like Feghouli's been left out of Algeria's AFCON squad.
The Lone Hammer

Post by The Lone Hammer »

Injury aside.

The biggest issue would be his wages, he is on enormous money in China. The best part of £200k a week.

Even if he takes a 75% wage cut (which I doubt he will) you're still looking at around £50k a week for a player that was on the slide before the injury.
Pob!
Has liked: 1079 likes
Total likes: 701 likes

Post by Pob! »

Ba!? :lol:
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by fmgod »

DustyHammer wrote:Not that it'll affect us all that much, but looks like Feghouli's been left out of Algeria's AFCON squad.
Without sounding xenaphobic, surely not, must be one of their top players with Mahrez and Slimimani
61dicksey
Has liked: 586 likes
Total likes: 435 likes

Post by 61dicksey »

He is named in Algerias provisional squad as of 23/12/16
american 'ammer

Post by american 'ammer »

The Old Man of Storr wrote:http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... ba-8454847" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"The season here ends in November and the new one starts in March. I'll do my best to return in time for the season after that." Ba quote from the article. He is looking to come back March 2017 in China.

The big question to me is: Does the knee still have ligaments? :?
Last edited by american 'ammer on Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
coyi27

Post by coyi27 »

Yes Feghouli has been dropped from Algeria's squad. Feel sorry for the guy, but good news for us with Ayew away. Still think Feghouli will come good.
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2689 likes
Total likes: 1788 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

OFT wrote:

P.s. How'd it all go with the cameras down the neck TOMoS?
I was given the all clear , thanks for asking , OFT . :thup:

I thought I was taking it quite well until the Nurse took my blood pressure before the procedure !
I had to lay on my side , then they stick a round plastic thing in my mouth , then the Doctor gave me something to make me feel relaxed and he inserted the camera down my throat - whole procedure took around 15 minutes - it only hurt a bit though my throat still feels scratched .
When I was 27 I had a similar procedure , except back then they stuck the camera down through my nostril and then I had to swallow the darned thing - I failed at least three times before eventually managing , this time around it was a lot simpler .
I was told the Surgeon would also make an incision in a bile duct but they postponed that until after finding the results of Wednesday's op .
The Doctor was looking to see what had caused the blockage in my ampula [ basically ruling out cancer ] but apparently it looked ' normal ' - no stone , no polyps , no infection , no sinister stuff .
I have to admit to feeling a tad relieved - Life feels brilliant once more - just the gallbladder op to get out of the way now .
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1858 likes
Total likes: 2107 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

Fellaini starting for Manchester United today...
coyi27

Post by coyi27 »

The Lone Hammer wrote:Injury aside.

The biggest issue would be his wages, he is on enormous money in China. The best part of £200k a week.

Even if he takes a 75% wage cut (which I doubt he will) you're still looking at around £50k a week for a player that was on the slide before the injury.

Yh didn't even think about that. Honestly you could have told me Marco Boogers was coming back and I would have believed it more than Demba Ba.
Believer
Has liked: 1432 likes
Total likes: 766 likes

Post by Believer »

I've just spoken to Jinxed and he is very apologetic. He had a few beers the other night and what he meant to say was Dembele!

I might have made some of this up !!
stu1
Has liked: 669 likes
Total likes: 1038 likes

Post by stu1 »

Johnny Byrne's Boots wrote:Fellaini starting for Manchester United today...

Good.

A player with his mobility is the last thing we need in our midfield, especially without Carroll up top.
dvincent

Post by dvincent »

Demba Ba with 1 leg would still score more goals than Zaza and Calleri combined. Im guessing that Antonio will be a backup striker from now on and if he is needed, feghouli and Ayew, Glen Johnson and Byram will fill in at the RM spot.
kalashnikov

Post by kalashnikov »

]
DustyHammer wrote:Not that it'll affect us all that much, but looks like Feghouli's been left out of Algeria's AFCON squad.
fmgod wrote:
Without sounding xenaphobic, surely not, must be one of their top players with Mahrez and Slimimani
They've got tons of good players in his position. Mahrez and Ghezzal at Lyon would both start over him.
libero
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 11 likes

Post by libero »

coyi27 wrote:Yes Feghouli has been dropped from Algeria's squad. Feel sorry for the guy, but good news for us with Ayew away. Still think Feghouli will come good.
Oops - bad news for him, good news for us.
I'm really sure he'll come good - saw him play some blinders for Valencia last season
Looked a bit more than decent in his 20 minute cameo today

Some of those hated by the haters on here are starting to look decent - Feghouli. Nordveidt, Fernandes
When we like them in the future, I won't hold my breath for any rectification :(