Transfer Window: January 2017

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

bowltorious
Has liked: 19 likes
Total likes: 28 likes

Re: Transfer Window: January 2017

Post by bowltorious »

That's what I'm saying, we should be spending money on the right players, not for the sake of it. I'm sorry but I can hold off on players like Snodgrass et. al when we can clearly get better either now or in the summer.

Niang is not a replacement for Payet either, a player that was overhyped and hasn't lived up to it from what I can gather. On loan okay to fill the gap but can't see him pulling up any trees whilst he is here.
noblecause

Post by noblecause »

I'd welcome Snodgrass and Hogan. They clearly aren't panic buys as, barring a terrible collapse and winless run to the end of the season, we are safe from relegation. Why not give a push to get up the league now? I think that both have a great chance to be a success for us and am over the moon with Fonte for two seasons alongside Reid. :crest:
coyi27

Post by coyi27 »

bowltorious wrote:
Niang is not a replacement for Payet either, a player that was overhyped and hasn't lived up to it from what I can gather. On loan okay to fill the gap but can't see him pulling up any trees whilst he is here.
Niang is still a huge potential in my opinion. Only a couple of years ago a player by the name of Coutinho had a similar loss of form and was shipped out by Milan's city rivals. We all know how that went. We can't replace Payet like for like as it's virtually impossible, but Niang wouldn't be a bad player to have in Payet's position. If we can negotiate a loan with a view to buy, I don't see a negative side.
pezza20
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 1071 likes

Post by pezza20 »

From what I gather, a couple of deals will go down to the wire and will be triggered by Payet leaving. It's not about the funding, but Bilic doesn't want Sulli specials and has identified three players he wants and bids are in but we are holding back waiting for Marseilles or another frog club to stump up the going rate. I don't think our preference is to do a loan to buy deal for him but it may come down to that on the last day.

I don't see Niang happening as he's thought to be too inconsistent, Snodgrass is a definite upgrade on Tore, he's premiership ready and he's actually a very good player who can play both sides equally as well.
Jumby
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 36 likes

Post by Jumby »

Double post
Last edited by Jumby on Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jumby
Total likes: 36 likes

Post by Jumby »

Whenever I've seen Niang he's looked fast, athletic and clumsy, why do we bother even entertaining the idea of bringing in crap like this?
Peaches
Has liked: 91 likes
Total likes: 821 likes

Post by Peaches »

Pezza , I'm guessing the 3 deals that will go down to the wire are the ones widely talked about, Hogan, Snodgrass and Defoe. Or at we looking at someone a little better.
I'd love for there to be some truth in the Perisic rumour
RayleighHammer23

Post by RayleighHammer23 »

I'm not overly keen on Snodgrass, is he really better than Ayew and Fegouli, let alone Antonio and Lanzini who currently occupy the wide positions. I'm not convinced we need 5 wide players right now when we only have the league to play with nothing at stake.

Jose Fonte was an excellent signing but after the chairman publically praised Byram it looks like right back isn't a priority.

Hogan on deadline day seems inevitable unless Carroll gets injured between now and then.
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 236 likes
Total likes: 2575 likes

Post by Burnley Hammer »

Lanzini is certainly more technically gifted than Snodgrass, but I'd bet that Snodgrass would have come up with more goals and assists so far this season, aswell as offered more support in general to the striker. He's being massively under-rated by many on here. I'd rather have him in the team than feghouli and ayew, and I'm one of those that rates feghouli too.
Ifebbubbles

Post by Ifebbubbles »

If we get snodderz I predict he will become a fan favourite within 6 months
HammerPDC
Total likes: 1161 likes

Post by HammerPDC »

The love in for Snodgrass on here is alarming :shock:

Has Sullivan really taken you all to the point of thinking that he is an upgrade! Unbelievable!!
HammerPDC
Total likes: 1161 likes

Post by HammerPDC »

Burnley Hammer wrote:Lanzini is certainly more technically gifted than Snodgrass, but I'd bet that Snodgrass would have come up with more goals and assists so far this season, aswell as offered more support in general to the striker. He's being massively under-rated by many on here. I'd rather have him in the team than feghouli and ayew, and I'm one of those that rates feghouli too.
Snodgrass over Feghouli and Ayew that's the kind of moves you start making if your going down! He offers nothing near the level of creativity that Lanzini does doesn't score or assist too often either that's a myth!
fester
Eats sh*t
Has liked: 30 likes
Total likes: 68 likes

Post by fester »

Snodgrass takes free kicks that go in. Just sayin'. :crest:
Mike420

Post by Mike420 »

So we moved to the olympic stadium so that we could sign players like Snodgrass, Nordtviet, Tore, f*** me, shouldn't have bothered...
lewis100985
Has liked: 209 likes
Total likes: 9 likes

Post by lewis100985 »

Mike420 wrote:So we moved to the olympic stadium so that we could sign players like Snodgrass, Nordtviet, Tore, **** me, shouldn't have bothered...
:thup:

Spun a complete load of ****. They got lucky with Payet and will now put all the 'world class player' pressure on to Lanzini. Just so they don't have to dip too far into their pockets...
thejackhammer
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by thejackhammer »

Mike420 wrote:So we moved to the olympic stadium so that we could sign players like Snodgrass, Nordtviet, Tore, **** me, shouldn't have bothered...
Nordtveit and Tore both international with European experience signed from teams near the top of their leagues.

Yes our owners aren't perfect, but we should stop using hindsight to knock them. There's enough to be annoyed about.
HAH

Post by HAH »

Ludeksgloves wrote:Is this guy we got from Everton any good?
Sorry, Holland are pretty **** at the moment, didn't even make the Euro's
ashbanki
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 22 likes

Post by ashbanki »

Snodgrass is a left footer who is crap on the left ! - He's no good at beating his man and putting in crosses - he prefers the right side and cutting in or centrally, just behind the striker - We have Ayew, Feghouli,Antonio,Fernandes and Lanzini for those roles,imo.We want a proper LW or a "Payet" (game changer)
Snodgrass is a decent PL player, but has only played in relegated teams and has been no way as prolific as people think - take away the penalties and all you have left is a good freekick taker,imo.
Mike420

Post by Mike420 »

thejackhammer wrote: Nordtveit and Tore both international with European experience signed from teams near the top of their leagues.

Yes our owners aren't perfect, but we should stop using hindsight to knock them. There's enough to be annoyed about.
Turkey and Norway and Christian Dailly...

Who lets their best players go on try before you buy deals? I'll answer that for you, no one...
S-H
Has liked: 5737 likes
Total likes: 9654 likes

Post by S-H »

I wouldn't have a problem with signing Snodgrass at present.

Would this have been an acceptable transfer 6 months ago?

I'm not sure it would have, does this mean our expectations have lowered? I don't know.