The Olympic/London Stadium: Poll #1

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

At this point in time, do you intend to renew your season ticket/s at the OS/LS next season?

Yes
35%
No
36%
Unsure
29%

Total votes: 548

Doc H Ball
Has liked: 917 likes
Total likes: 1919 likes

Re: The Olympic/London Stadium: Poll #1

Post by Doc H Ball »

I've had a s/t since they were first introduced in the Chicken Run and my old man has been going since 1948 but neither of us will be renewing. We will follow the trend and try for £99 tickets and upgrade on a match to match basis.

My away s/t however has become sacrosanct.
arlhe
Has liked: 235 likes
Total likes: 178 likes

Post by arlhe »

Yes. I always planned to write the first year off as 'settling in'. Just happens to be rather more of it than I expected.

The biggest single issue they need to sort is a 'singing' area or areas (however they wish to describe it).
Stratty

Post by Stratty »

Personal circumstances mean I can't renew. However if things were different we would definitely renew if we could move seats. £800 for where we are siting just can't be justified when we have seen some of the £300 seats
arlhe
Has liked: 235 likes
Total likes: 178 likes

Post by arlhe »

Yes. I always planned to write the first year off as 'settling in'. Just happens to be rather more of it than I expected.

The biggest single issue they need to sort is a 'singing' area or areas (however they wish to describe it).
LondonTom
Has liked: 57 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by LondonTom »

At the moment? Definitely, sure there are lots of problems and settling issues (some worse for others), but for the most part I've enjoyed going it, from going to The Carpenters/Rib Club before and after the game, to my view, to the good crowd we have around us in 217.

There was always going be a few issues, and I think if the board didn't insist on claiming on how successful and wonderful everything is, then people would give them a bit more leeway in that regard.
hamstas_paradise
Has liked: 26 likes
Total likes: 27 likes

Post by hamstas_paradise »

Yes definitely renew. As much as there are things that I would like to be better, including a better season on the pitch, I cannot baulk at £289 for a decent view for a whole season, I would have to have some very high and mighty principles to say I wasn't getting value for money or had much to complain about. I'd renew even if we go down.
ChikinRun
Total likes: 6 likes

Post by ChikinRun »

Just not getting the buzz any more...still time to change, but at the moment I wouldn't renew....a decision made easier by my anticipation that tickets for the few games I fancy going to will be easy to get, and will go to more aways....definately a better match day experience for me.
marshboy

Post by marshboy »

I am a season ticket holder and have been for 20 years. Over the years I have been sacked from jobs, dumped by many a woman ,missed family weddings and used holiday up at work to name but a few things,as well as saved every penny I have, to go to west ham . Nothing else mattered . For 20 years the answer to the poll for me would off been yes .

I have now voted not sure ,I hate it more and more as the season goes on.

Its lie after lie after lie from the board. When will the board admit it was/is a money making scheme for them and they have no love for the club , just because one was born opposite the old ground doesn't make him a fan (I have seen locals wear Manchester united on non match days along green street).

Who the f*** now is going to put money into a football that's in debt, has fans at each others throats and doesn't even have a ground. Great business people.

Be interesting if you run it again at the end of the season to see if results of the poll have changed
Essex bill

Post by Essex bill »

I'm about 90% sure I won't be renewing next season. Just don't enjoy it anymore and the only reason I'll carry on going until the end of this season is because of the massive amount already shelled out. Affordable football my arse. Sad to say it but it's horrible over at Stratford and I really cannot stand the thought of lining the terrible trios pockets anymore.
Dagdave

Post by Dagdave »

Out
As David gold said Not prepared to watch football over a running track
They lied to us
West Ham will always be my teamim not changing after 50 years just can't stand going there
monkeyhanger
Total likes: 30 likes

Post by monkeyhanger »

Due to me relocating abroad next September I won't be renewing. Was really looking forward to the move but the huge amount of negativity on and off the pitch this season means I don't really look forward to match days other than seeing my mates. I'll still try and get to the odd home and away game whenever I'm back.
Faliraki Hammer
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 26 likes

Post by Faliraki Hammer »

Unsure, I thought the move would be good but I feel I've been hoodwinked
LeonRivers
Has liked: 1032 likes
Total likes: 394 likes

Re: The Olympic Stadium: Poll #1

Post by LeonRivers »

Westy88 wrote:I know that if I don't renew then we'll have a blinding season
Take one for the team you selfish b*stard! :wink:
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2437 likes
Total likes: 4294 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

I'm leaning against renewing. If I do renew, it's likely to be to get my family seats when they want them. I've already fallen out of the habit and more often than not my sons take my seat.

It would be interesting to see a poll of "Who should go first? The owners or Slaven"
hammer1975
Has liked: 934 likes
Total likes: 1089 likes

Post by hammer1975 »

I'm personally leaning towards 'no' - don't mind the view and in a lot of ways I like the way the stadium has been 'west ham' ified'...... However, the treatment of the lesser able bodied to get to and from the stadium (could they make the walk from Stratford tube any longer..?), the public noises criticising the fanbase, poor stewarding and lack of appropriate police presence (given I go with three kids) have all detracted massively. The frustrating thing is that all of the frustrations are fixable but we appear to prefer to play chicken in the hope the operators pay for it all. Moving fans with no offer of compensation other then a pro-rata refund showed no class and summed up what the club is about at the moment.

Of our group my old man is still on the fence, two kids say no, one says yes

The treatment of the fans is built on a lie - the £50k waiting list will dry up quicker than a West Ham lead this summer if the issues aren't fixed
marcus6
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 37 likes

Post by marcus6 »

I've had a ST since 04, and my parents have most recently shared one for the last 3 years.

They are adamant it is over for them. I'm on the fence, but to be honest, I just dont enjoy it anymore.

Think the Daggers will gain acouple of ST buyers next season.
Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

Change the question/s different result/s and the 85% can't be wrong about moving !

It's **** and only success on the pitch will make that less ****

Watching the game on the box tonight I thought great view that's the future,
IronworksDave

Post by IronworksDave »

I'm not going to pay 880 quid so I'm not 'renewing' but I will buy a 300 quid (or better yet a 99 quid ST) that will cost the club 500 quid of my, until now, 30+ year annual payment ... and I know that almost everyone I sit with is going to try and do the same ...

When you have people (decent fans thankfully) sitting just a few seats away who have paid less than half of what you did? that's just ****ed up ...

Ms Brady will need her '55,000 waiting' to pay top dollar or our income will just go down .... 55,000 paying 300 quid each that's only 16.5m ... just think that's less than half the Boleyn brought in ...

Sure Arsenal can charge 1,000 quid, no doubt Spuds and Chelski as well, and I would have paid 1,000 quid at the Boleyn, but no way am I paying that at the 'running track' ... and I'm not alone ....
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 917 likes
Total likes: 1919 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

So far that's at least 80 of us then.

Anyone else fancy gatecrashing Major in his pub?
HHCD

Post by HHCD »

Yes....Season Ticket holder since 1981.I'll support my team until I'm in a box.......but I will long for the day G,S & B are shown the door at Stratford marked EXIT.

:crest: