Summer Transfer Window 2017

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 236 likes
Total likes: 2578 likes

Re: Summer Transfer Window 2017

Post by Burnley Hammer »

Maybe they held talks with the player, and bilic was put off by something. Maybe he was demanding to be a guaranteed starter every game, or maybe he said he didn't want to play out wide, or maybe his attitude wasn't right. There's lots of reasons why bilic may have cooled interest. You don't always dismiss players immediately. Sometimes it's best to have a hand in several deals so you have more options.
hammer1975
Has liked: 978 likes
Total likes: 1154 likes

Post by hammer1975 »

I'm not the board's greatest fan and thought the stuff on Hugh's site lacked class as Pinky said but how do people so certainly link it to Jack on twitter and assumptions we won't pay the wages?

We're actually pretty good wage payers versus our peers is my impression
wormley
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by wormley »

He's got a girl's name, don't want him.
il_martello_di_genovesi
Has liked: 688 likes
Total likes: 2024 likes

Post by il_martello_di_genovesi »

claretcloggy wrote:regarding muriel, judging from that clip his playstyle looks an awful lot like Bellamy's. Some good goals in there but is a season with 10 serie A goals enough to warrant spending so much money?
Positives: Quick, can finish, skilful and can produce moments of magic.

Negatives: Not the strongest, disappears for large amounts of the game

I like him at Samp, but not sure he's the answer for us. Still with no Iheanacho or Giroud likely, I'd take him over Andre Gray.
hammernsickle
Has liked: 15 likes
Total likes: 13 likes

Post by hammernsickle »

Lostcoco wrote:43 goals 33 assists in 114 games in total, that's really good considering he's only 26 and played in Serie A since he was 20
That's right Lost, he's the new Ronaldo (the fat one) so let's get a party train going for our new wonderboy!
:scarfer:

From Wiki: Muriel stated that his comparison to Brazilian legend Ronaldo by his playing style, is likely because he was a main supporter of Ronaldo during his time in Inter Milan. He went on to say that he supported Inter Milan because Ronaldo was playing for them at the time. Coincidentally, he also stated that he also suffers weight issues (like Ronaldo during his time) and had to lose five kilos at one point. This meant that he had to be consistent with fitness, which explained his similar style to the Brazilian legend and high quality in terms of athletic stature.

Problems with weight? Technique for days? The dude is a future legend.

(Not that we will ever actually sign him.)
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2486 likes
Total likes: 4389 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

Lostcoco wrote:43 goals 33 assists in 114 games in total, that's really good considering he's only 26 and played in Serie A since he was 20
165 games showing on my screen.
Lostcoco

Post by Lostcoco »

ffs :lol:
Lostcoco

Post by Lostcoco »

bubbles1966 wrote: 165 games showing on my screen.
165 games but obviously he didn't start every game and didn't finish every game, has 10243 minutes in total which equals to 113.811111111 games
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2486 likes
Total likes: 4389 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

Lostcoco wrote:165 games but obviously he didn't start every game and didn't finish every game, has 10242 minutes in total which equals to 113.811111111 games
In which case judge him by goals per minute - 1 every 238, isn't it?
BR7 Hammer

Post by BR7 Hammer »

Even the women's signings weren't real signings :lol:
Lostcoco

Post by Lostcoco »

bubbles1966 wrote:
In which case judge him by goals per minute - 1 every 238, isn't it?
Sure, i think that's still good and better than all our strikers
kenthammer1984
Has liked: 23 likes
Total likes: 86 likes

Post by kenthammer1984 »

Wonder what Slav's reasons are for not wanting to sign the lad.

He has wasted a lot of time and should have just told the Dave's he didn't fancy him from the get go!
Lostcoco

Post by Lostcoco »

Maybe that OGN report saying he wants to play behind a striker is true and we can't offer him that
Bury Me @ The Boleyn

Post by Bury Me @ The Boleyn »

I find myself extremely frustrated with the board today. Not Bilic. He gets no support from our board, either in signings or in the press. They're quick to blame him for everything that goes wrong and take credit for everything that goes right.

Ex has been saying for a few weeks that Bilic wanted Iheanacho. Now the deal goes tits up and the board is pointing the finger straight at Slaven. Ex will publish a column tonight pointing the finger squarely at Slaven, too. And the majority will eat it up.

Meanwhile the board are all smiles because they've failed to secure someone for whatever reason and the supporters believe it to be 100% Bilic's fault. And no need to correct them or support the gaffer in any way.

Even if Bilic didn't fancy Iheanacho or changed his mind or what-have-you... the board needs to back the decision instead of just shifting blame.
HammerAl
Total likes: 397 likes

Post by HammerAl »

IF and that's a massive IF the reports are true then there are huge problems behind the scenes between board and manager. If Bilic gets the final say on transfers, as stated before, I just can't see how a deal can be so close for a player that he didn't want in the first place. What would be the point in the bid and the advanced talks? Unless it was all just another publicity stunt.

Worrying times if there is a lack of trust or communication breakdowns.
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 834 likes
Total likes: 4920 likes

Post by -DL- »

I still have the feeling that the silence from the board may actually be they are going about things properly for once.

I'm not going to get all wound up by the lack of signings unless we are in the same position when the window closes.

This summer so far feels different to others - no Sullivan spouting off, regular 'ITK's both here and on Twitter seemingly out of the loop - and the only speculation really has come from the red-tops.

One thing that is a constant however, is the ****ing drama of people on this thread. Chill out and enjoy the sunshine - what will be will be - there's a lot of business to still be done throughout the footballing fraternity between now and the start of the season.
mrbluesky

Post by mrbluesky »

ashbanki wrote:David Sullivan covering his arse,again! How ****ing low can he go??

http://www.claretandhugh.info/bilic-vet ... acho-deal/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
So Bilic let's them pursue him all window without saying a word against, only to veto it just as the 'deals about to be done'?

Don't buy it, utter PR bu11sh1t.
Ozza
Has liked: 944 likes
Total likes: 2392 likes

Post by Ozza »

Bury Me @ The Boleyn wrote:I find myself extremely frustrated with the board today. Not Bilic. He gets no support from our board, either in signings or in the press. They're quick to blame him for everything that goes wrong and take credit for everything that goes right.

Ex has been saying for a few weeks that Bilic wanted Iheanacho. Now the deal goes tits up and the board is pointing the finger straight at Slaven. Ex will publish a column tonight pointing the finger squarely at Slaven, too. And the majority will eat it up.

Meanwhile the board are all smiles because they've failed to secure someone for whatever reason and the supporters believe it to be 100% Bilic's fault. And no need to correct them or support the gaffer in any way.

Even if Bilic didn't fancy Iheanacho or changed his mind or what-have-you... the board needs to back the decision instead of just shifting blame.
sounds like you are finally coming round to the view that many of us have had for sometime

Year after year the same stuff goes on with this lot, regardless of manager (same at Brum)
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 935 likes
Total likes: 1951 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

Bilic is in Croatia at the moment so it was a long plug chain.
S-H
Has liked: 5736 likes
Total likes: 9650 likes

Post by S-H »

I'm glad there is some sense and reason on here.
People not falling for the bull****.

It's a shame the board continue to act this way, sadly they are already setting the tone for the coming season.

They are poisoning this club.