Summer Transfer Window 2017

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

steps
Has liked: 108 likes
Total likes: 257 likes

Re: Summer Transfer Window 2017

Post by steps »

TheHandOfDog wrote:Arnautovic is heavily linked with AC Milan and PSG. I would be surprised if he came to us.
Probably fake news generated from Sullivan's camp to make him look in demand.
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2501 likes
Total likes: 4405 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

Small point of reference - Goals (excl penalties) last two seasons:

Sigurdsson 15
Arnautovic 15
Barkley 16
Ayew 18
wildkard
Has liked: 53 likes
Total likes: 198 likes

Post by wildkard »

"Sideways move at best". Amazing. Not many things I am sure of when it comes to West Ham, but I am sure that a move from Stoke to us would be a step up.

Just think how ridiculous it would sound with something the other way round, for example Lanzini to Stoke. Would that be a sideways move or a huge step down for him? Stoke fans are mental. Pretty much feral. Rabid.
TheHandOfDog
Has liked: 542 likes
Total likes: 463 likes

Post by TheHandOfDog »

Paddy O'Hammer wrote:
oatcakefanzine forum going mad as we would :lol: Hey....maybe all fans are the same?

They say he said he wants to stay in the premier!
Good, if we get Arny as a replacement for feg or Snoddy then it is an improvement and it gives me something to help my transfer window teething problem
Mega Ron
Has liked: 168 likes
Total likes: 171 likes

Post by Mega Ron »

Couldn't we sign a load of players on tick (like Ayew), sell them on shortly after with more cash up front to us, and then therefore have more cash now?

Obviously we'd still need to pay our bills down the line but would have more money to spend for this season.
Julien Snow Bear
Has liked: 38 likes
Total likes: 114 likes

Post by Julien Snow Bear »

Tross wrote:20M. . .

For a player that managed just three 3 goals in 29 games if you excuse the two braces against Boro & The Mackems.

They paid 2M for him.

Jesus wept.

Tross
8-)
Why exclude those goals, but not the 2 he scored against Hull?
Bury Me @ The Boleyn

Post by Bury Me @ The Boleyn »

Tross wrote:
For a player that managed just three 3 goals in 29 games if you excuse the two braces against Boro & The Mackems.
This reasoning makes no sense to me. Same with the "Andre Gray scored 3 against Sunderland so really he scored 6". We scored three total against Sunderland in 2 games last year, so if we can dismiss Gray's three goals against them because Sunderland's crap... what does that say about us?

I don't care who he scored his goals against. He put the ball in the net. Same with Gray. That's something we desperately need.
Last edited by Bury Me @ The Boleyn on Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MikeNewell'sOldBoys
Has liked: 2 likes

Post by MikeNewell'sOldBoys »

Would be nice if we went for a young up and coming striker like Dolberg (Ajax), Werner (Leipzig) or Dembele (Celtic). They'd probably all cost £30+ million but transfers have gone crazy.
Bury Me @ The Boleyn

MikeNewell'sOldBoys wrote:Would be nice if we went for a young up and coming striker like Dolberg (Ajax), Werner (Leipzig) or Dembele (Celtic). They'd probably all cost £30+ million but transfers have gone crazy.
We've been linked loosely to Dembele (Celtic) today. Read something about us as one of the teams that have enquired, but that much bigger fish are after him.
Bury Me @ The Boleyn

The Telegraph is reporting we've bid £15m for Arnautovic and had it rejected, which is what caused him to turn in the transfer request.

Stoke reportedly "bracing" for a £20m bid from us to try and get the deal done.
bobd_uk
Total likes: 75 likes

Post by bobd_uk »

What's with all the twisting of statistics here. You can't just ignore the goals that don't fit your narrative! On that basis you could make Lukaku rubbish too as most of his goals came against bottom half sides.
Aztec Hammer
Has liked: 867 likes
Total likes: 4277 likes

Post by Aztec Hammer »

MikeNewell'sOldBoys wrote:Would be nice if we went for a young up and coming striker like Dolberg (Ajax), Werner (Leipzig) or Dembele (Celtic). They'd probably all cost £30+ million but transfers have gone crazy.
The player choices are spot on and I'd be happy if you were our head of recruitment, but unfortunately they are far out of our reach, especially Werner!
The Green Man
Has liked: 60 likes
Total likes: 135 likes

Post by The Green Man »

Kinda baffling to see people turning down Arnautovic but wanting Sigurdsson. Both are decent Prem proven players.

One could potentially cost us £20m and the other has been given a £50m price tag. I know who is better value based on that.

Still would prefer to keep Feghouli, if we get rid of him it makes the Snodgrass transfer even more baffling..
Last edited by The Green Man on Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Gibbins
Maggot infested twat
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by The Gibbins »

How long until Everton have an offer accepted for Arnautovic? :lol:
MikeNewell'sOldBoys

Post by MikeNewell'sOldBoys »

Bury Me @ The Boleyn wrote:We've been linked loosely to Dembele (Celtic) today. Read something about us as one of the teams that have enquired, but that much bigger fish are after him.
They'll all cost too much. We'll try and loan a striker from a big club and rely on what we have. Maybe sign an ageing striker who's past it and cheap
Last edited by MikeNewell'sOldBoys on Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Gibbins
Maggot infested twat
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by The Gibbins »

For what its worth, i am a big fan of Arnautovic and would love to see that one happen. He can be a bit moody but he is a game changer on his day and has the type of qualities we lack.
SammyLeeWasOffside
Has liked: 314 likes
Total likes: 1092 likes

Post by SammyLeeWasOffside »

Arnautovic always strikes me as talented on his day but not someone you would want in the trenches with you. We do need a footballer or 2 though to really bring out the best in Lanzini.
steps
Has liked: 108 likes
Total likes: 257 likes

Post by steps »

Iheanacho deal agreed with Leicester. :(

He'll score for fun there. I'd say 15-20 PL goals easily.
Chippenhammer
Has liked: 22 likes
Total likes: 33 likes

Post by Chippenhammer »

The Gibbins wrote:For what its worth, i am a big fan of Arnautovic and would love to see that one happen. He can be a bit moody but he is a game changer on his day and has the type of qualities we lack.
Quick, direct and tricky. Physical side is good too. Definitely wanl him here.
Whu_Law23
Has liked: 36 likes
Total likes: 160 likes

Post by Whu_Law23 »

Happily welcome Arnautovic here. Inconsistent, but great player on his day - usually plays a blinder against us too... (then again who doesn't!)

Apparently Leicester have agreed a deal in principle for Iheanacho, but are still yet to agree to the buy back clause and he's still sorting his image/agents issues