Summer Transfer Window 2017

The very best posts from KUMB over the years ...

Moderator: Gnome

Aztec Hammer

Re: Summer Transfer Window 2017

Post by Aztec Hammer » Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:58 pm

Marco Borriello and Antonio Nocerino

Ben
Location: Overdue warning for being a twat on the rumours thread

Post by Ben » Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:58 pm

Didn't Jimmy Bullard sign on the same day as PDC and MVF?

bubbles1966
Location: Mama don't like it, way I comb my hair, Papa thinks I'm crazy, clothes I wear....

Post by bubbles1966 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:00 pm

A couple of triallists getting a game today by the look of it:

"Norweigan U21 striker Julian Kristoffersen started up front for West Ham against Barnet. Former Barca centreback Oriol Rey was on the bench for the clash."

"Julian Kristoffersen was at FC Copenhagen last season, scoring a few goals in the UEFA Youth League, but has been released by the Danish club so is a free again. Oriol Rey is a centreback and finds himself in a similar situation."

On 16 July 2010 we signed Barrera and Piquionne. Deadline day 2015 - Antonio, Moses, Jelavic and Song.

Het-Field
Location: Its great to be Irish, but its a miracle to be a Dub

Post by Het-Field » Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:02 pm

I also think Konchesky, Gabbidon and Collins all signed on the same day in 2005. It was about a week after Roy Carroll signed on a free.

The Old Man of Storr

Post by The Old Man of Storr » Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:07 pm

Hammer in Hornchurch wrote:I think we even had a treble once.
Mike Marsh, David Burrows, Lee Chapman.
I think it was when Julian Dicks signed for Liverpool.
I may be wrong though.
If my memory serves me right I believe Ian Bishop , Trevor Morley and Colin Foster all signed within the same week too .

hammer1975

Post by hammer1975 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:10 pm

bubbles1966 wrote:A couple of triallists getting a game today by the look of it:

"Norweigan U21 striker Julian Kristoffersen started up front for West Ham against Barnet. Former Barca centreback Oriol Rey was on the bench for the clash."

"Julian Kristoffersen was at FC Copenhagen last season, scoring a few goals in the UEFA Youth League, but has been released by the Danish club so is a free again. Oriol Rey is a centreback and finds himself in a similar situation."

On 16 July 2010 we signed Barrera and Piquionne. Deadline day 2015 - Antonio, Moses, Jelavic and Song.
Kristoffersen plays Norway u21 with Samuelsen

Bury Me @ The Boleyn

Post by Bury Me @ The Boleyn » Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:22 pm

Hayden wrote: I can't remember this happening, other than Tevez/Mascherano, which doesn't really count. Am I just forgetting?

We'll announce them as soon as it's done as a) the board want to brag and b) it'll leak to the press, so we'll want to be the first to break it
I'm guessing deadline day doesn't count? We signed 3-4 people on deadline day two years ago, I remember.

hawkins_hammer

Post by hawkins_hammer » Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:23 pm

If Kristofferson is as good at football as he is at whack bat he will be some player.

Het-Field

Post by Het-Field » Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:27 pm

Bury Me @ The Boleyn wrote:
I'm guessing deadline day doesn't count? We signed 3-4 people on deadline day two years ago, I remember.
Officially, I think it was three. Song was confirmed on the day before, although the photograph in the shirt was published on transfer deadline day. Jelevic, Moses, and Antonio were incrementally announced on deadline day.

bitter-iron-ny

Post by bitter-iron-ny » Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:36 pm

Made In Leyton 1974 wrote:PDC and MVF were a double signing
Happy days! :crest:

Hammer1972

Post by Hammer1972 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:38 pm

Do we know why they were both wearing chunky sweaters under their shirts? :D

Het-Field

Post by Het-Field » Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:39 pm

Hammer1972 wrote:Do we know why they were both wearing chunky sweaters under their shirts? :D
It was probably cold.

bitter-iron-ny

Post by bitter-iron-ny » Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:44 pm

Hammer1972 wrote:Do we know why they were both wearing chunky sweaters under their shirts?
Paolo seems to have misplaced his sport coat and dress shirt from earlier in the day... :arry:

Bergen Hammer

Post by Bergen Hammer » Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:48 pm

Hammer1972 wrote:Do we know why they were both wearing chunky sweaters under their shirts? :D
I don't know, but they don't look sheep.

Hayden

Post by Hayden » Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:51 pm

Yes I wasn't including deadline day as that's a little different, I was talking about delaying an announcement to announce both together. However, I stand corrected - as I obviously forgot a fair few.

Shy Ted

Post by Shy Ted » Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:04 pm

Hayden wrote:I was talking about delaying an announcement to announce both together.
The delay will be the last day of the transfer window for all signings, so as to add to that really exciting day.
:wink:

ageing hammer

Post by ageing hammer » Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:22 pm

I am fed up of this club regarding each transfer window.

Every time you go on the news or the papers you see players being signed by clubs all over the place.

All you ever read about us is we are "edging" closer or we are trying very hard.

You never read Chelsea edging closer or Man Citeh trying very hard, you only read Citeh sign this bloke or United snap up another etc...

No wonder so many are taken right out from under our noses.

They are so slow all that is left on offer to us is the last chicken in Tesco.

Sully is such a tight git he drags every deal out to try and get the cheapest possible deal every time.

Next level?

With these clowns in charge we won't see that.

West Ham fans my ****hole

Chalks is spot on.

Where has all the money gone.

Het-Field

Post by Het-Field » Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:29 pm

ageing hammer wrote:I fed up of this club regarding each transfer window.

Every time you go on the news or the papers you see players being signed by clubs all over the place.
I don't mean to sound insulting or snide, but so what? Other Clubs are doing their own business as they see fit. Other clubs have signed players who I don't believe would enhance the quality of the Club. Some have signed players that we cannot compete for financially. Some Clubs have released the equity in their top players and signed a number of players with those funds, and only time will tell whether other money is available. A lot of remedial work has been done, and it looks like signings are imminent. Be patient.

Sawbo

Post by Sawbo » Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:32 pm

I'm just throwing this out there: As the details of the Hart deal is now pretty much in the public domain, is it possible his agent has leaked this to drum up interest from other clubs?
Also I was told from a good source Hart failed to turn up for the first part of his medical yesterday.
Jinxed, Pezza , Thors, have you heard this?
Mods feel free to contact me regarding my source.

MB
Cricket's Darren Anderton

Post by MB » Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:35 pm

ageing hammer wrote:I am fed up of this club regarding each transfer window.

All you ever read about us is we are "edging" closer or we are trying very hard.

You never read Chelsea edging closer or Man Citeh trying very hard, you only read Citeh sign this bloke or United snap up another etc...

No wonder so many are taken right out from under our noses. .
Chelsea just signed a player they have been linked with for months and close to signing for weeks. Man Utd were linked with Lukaku for weeks and weeks. Rooney to Everton was "close" for about two months. Liverpool still haven't signed the midfielder they put a bid in for at the start of June.

I'm sure if you go on the forum of any premier league club you will find dozens of posts like yours. You are closer to our transfers so it feels like they take longer and that we miss out on more targets.

We are blessed to live in a world of unparalleled information sharing, but equally are cursed that the quality of that information has never been worse as everyone and their mother races to be "first" "best" and frankly just makes **** up for attention.

Throw in the echo chamber of having people on here and social media reinforcing your view that the board are crap at this stuff and it actually gets quite depressing when new signings should be exciting.