Summer Transfer Window 2017

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2483 likes
Total likes: 4383 likes

Re: Summer Transfer Window 2017

Post by bubbles1966 »

Wilshere only has one year left on his contract, doesn't he?
Hayden
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 65 likes

Post by Hayden »

Aztec Hammer wrote:How do loans with a view to permanent work? Would Arsenal be able to reject the permanent part if Wilshere had a great season with us?
No it's an agreed fee we can purchase him for - they have to accept it, then he has to accept our terms
mrbluesky

Post by mrbluesky »

Colours never run wrote:
I was saying much the same earlier today. I think it's a no brainer on the right kind of deal and clearly he has a real affinity with our Club.

Making these kind of signings...

Zabaleta
Hart
Hernandez
Arnautovic
Wilshere

...Shows a Club making waves in the footballing world trying their level best to climb onto the next level without overspending like a kid in a sweet shop. A real statement of intent. Do most or all of that, then the Dave's deserve huge praise. It just woukdnt be fair to give them he'll for last summer and not then give them the credit when it's due.
I have to say I'm not convinced by Wilshire purely on a risk vs reward potential, however even without him if we sign the other four I would say we've had a better window than Everton (who I know so many on this thread hold up as the Holy Grail of transfer business this summer), maybe even the best business outside the top 6?
Jinxed

Post by Jinxed »

Aztec Hammer wrote:How do loans with a view to permanent work? Would Arsenal be able to reject the permanent part if Wilshere had a great season with us?
No you agree on a contract with a set fee so if you decide to take him on at the end of loan you pay the fee and done, He's surplus to requirements at Arsenal anyway so it's a no brainer for them to
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

Jinxed wrote:To be honest I'm shocked at some of the reaction to Joe Hart, he gets his confidence back he'll be England's number 1 again, great keeper
a few reasons:
- some think he's not a big improvement on adrian (even "at his very best")
- being england's number one doesn't really mean much these days
- some think that hart coming in means adrian leaving, and that after the loan our owners won't buy hart anyway (fee, wages too high) and we'd be left with only randy as our goalie, with a board that has a track record of not getting what they need before a couple of seasons or three.
- never been a "great" keeper.
Bury Me @ The Boleyn

Post by Bury Me @ The Boleyn »

Wait a minute you mean to tell me there's something to this Wilshere stuff??
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 800 likes
Total likes: 3015 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

warp wrote:- being england's number one doesn't really mean much these days
It does to some of us .
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

Chicken Run Supreme wrote:Hart at his very best is a massive step up from Adrian.
even zoff.
warp

Post by warp »

warp wrote:- being england's number one doesn't really mean much these days
the pink palermo wrote:It does to some of us .
i meant ability-wise
Czech Hammer
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by Czech Hammer »

Who is Wiltshire? Is he anything like the Arsenal bloke who is always injured with a similar name?
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 511 likes
Total likes: 1308 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

Calum Chambers off to Palace. £20million deal apparently.
Exiledin cardiff
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 56 likes

Post by Exiledin cardiff »

Just a thought.

Why are the board doing what we have been asking them to do for years, has the penny finally dropped?
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 255 likes
Total likes: 1158 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Jinxed wrote:To be honest I'm shocked at some of the reaction to Joe Hart, he gets his confidence back he'll be England's number 1 again, great keeper
Me too mate. There has been an utter load of horseshit spoken on here about him, especially. Adrian is better than him. :thdn: What many appear to completely overlook is, goalkeepers see everything, theirs is the only post in on the entire pitch that does(with the only exception being when they are unsighted at free kicks round the penalty box) Apart from that, they see moves developing, midfieders making runs, players making space for others, defenders slow to cover and losing their marker. Hart, is a vociferous, he keeps defenders on their mettle and lets them know it. So many on here, judge a keeper only by the saves he makes and pay no attention to the saves he doesn't need to make. That is the hallmark of a great keeper. There are not many others who do what Haart does, but Schmeichel is one and the only other I can recall who would berate his defenders and watch the game so studiously, was Pepe Reina
Last edited by Puff Daddy on Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hammerman11
Total likes: 747 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

being england`s number one means a lot especially as we have a lot of good keepers around such as hart,butland pickford,forster etc. Probably the strongest pool of keepers we have had for many years

Hart has had a dip in form and will want to prove himself and keep the england jersey for a world cup next year. perfect scenario for us. a hungry player !
Jinxed

Post by Jinxed »

HammerMan2004 wrote:Calum Chambers off to Palace. £20million deal apparently.

Yeah that's almost there, just got to agree personal terms
warp

Post by warp »

hammerman11 wrote:being england`s number one means a lot especially as we have a lot of good keepers around such as hart,butland pickford,forster etc. Probably the strongest pool of keepers we have had for many years
exactly my point...
Ludeksgloves
Has liked: 35 likes
Total likes: 480 likes

Post by Ludeksgloves »

Thanks for this Jinxed! This is turning into a rather good window. Fingers crossed it all comes off!
Aztec Hammer
Has liked: 865 likes
Total likes: 4266 likes

Post by Aztec Hammer »

Jinxed wrote: No you agree on a contract with a set fee so if you decide to take him on at the end of loan you pay the fee and done, He's surplus to requirements at Arsenal anyway so it's a no brainer for them to
Hope we get on it then.
AJ
Location: Dreaming dreams, scheming schemes, building castles high

Post by AJ »

Thanks for the information Jinxed, fingers crossed everything is okay from the medical as even just watching the friendly earlier you can see we need a striker.

If we can get Hart, Arnautovic and Hernandez then they are 3 top quality signings which improve our first 11 and for me that should be our aim to improve our first 11, quality over quantity.

:crest:
hammerman11
Total likes: 747 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

not sure wiltshire is what we need in our midfield surely its a defensive midfielder if we are playing antonio arnautoviv lanzini and hernandez

wiltshire is a good attacking player when fit but not the DM we need.

plus we have enough injury prone players