Summer Transfer Window 2017

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Aceface
Has liked: 375 likes
Total likes: 1471 likes

Re: Summer Transfer Window 2017

Post by Aceface »

I think Badou N'Diaye is already my favourite player of all time and I've never even seen him play.
MB
Cricket's Darren Anderton
Has liked: 5671 likes
Total likes: 3094 likes

Post by MB »

bubbles1966 wrote:Kaveh Solhekol‏Verified account @SkyKaveh 2h2 hours ago

West Ham confident of signing Senegal midfielder Badou N'Diaye but Galatasaray want him too and Newcastle expected to make late offer
We should hire his agent to sell the club!
ageing hammer
Has liked: 486 likes
Total likes: 1491 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

Would everyone be happy getting Keita when he doesn't want to be here, I don't fancy those type of signings myself.
belgohammer

Post by belgohammer »

Fishdo wrote: Your right according to people around him he wants to stay in Italy.... at the moment no clubs in Italy have expressed an interest..... according to the manager and president... and yes they are keen to get him off thier books ...

Our offer was €32 million which includes add ons...

He has already turned Everton down.... so right now the club are keen to sell him for the big money but he wants to stay in Italy and it's causing a bit of a hoo ha at moment...
Cheers :thup:

So we do have money then...... was that a ruse by the daves...
Ding
Has liked: 144 likes
Total likes: 511 likes

Post by Ding »

Puff Daddy wrote: I think if this one happens at all, it will be on the last day of the window
I am not sure. As long as Juve and Inter won't bid - especially with the possibility of getting him for free next summer - we stand a fair chance this summer. Lazio would be desperate to push him to us cos of our high bid and for fear of losing him for nothing next summer. All sorts of ultimatum would be sounded to the young lad - including dropping him if he stayed etc. His agent would also be persuading him to move to us.

All it takes now is for us to pile on a bit of pressure. 1. Confirm Hernandez (as inducement to the lad that he is moving to a decent side with a bit of ambition). 2. Concurrently leak our interest in an alternative player. Lazio and his agent would do the rest. Both won't want to wait till the last day of the window, especially Lazio.

I am willing to bet that after Hernandez is confirmed there will be rumours of our interest in another highly regarded midfielder for approximately 28m quid. :)
vaz te's bonnet
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by vaz te's bonnet »

Links with Jota have emerged today...
belgohammer

Post by belgohammer »

vaz te's bonnet wrote:Links with Jota have emerged today...
By Read West Ham right? Or did you find another source?
vaz te's bonnet
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by vaz te's bonnet »

belgohammer wrote: By Read West Ham right? Or did you find another source?
Yeah but it does tie in with what bing is saying just not at 28mil
Fishdo
Has liked: 105 likes
Total likes: 33 likes

Post by Fishdo »

Your bang on there Ding.... the Lazio president has already said he will be on the bench next season if he stays so other committed Lazio players will play..

Given Lazio were looking for €25 million originally and we came in with €7 mill more it has turned the clubs head.... this situation is going to get messy between Lazio and Balde...

But I think our chances are very slim... given the players stance and the likelihood Inter will have some cash soon from selling Peresic...

As for where we got the money... or do we have it.. maybe the offer was part of our scatter gun approach and now we have Arnie and Chico we won't pursue this deal if we get a chance.

Or maybe we have money all along if the player is right or maybe like others suggest we have a new investor etc. Who knows and I don't really care as long as the board do what they are doing I am more than happy.
Jumby
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 36 likes

Post by Jumby »

Somehow everything might fall into place. We've got the goalscorer we need in Hernandez, the stop gap at right back that we need in Zabaleta and signing Hart on loan, while initially really p!ssing me off, has forced Randy out of the door and, somehow, a Championship club were prepared to spend 5m of their parachute payments on him, thus meaning we need to keep Adrian, who will go on to reclaim his place in the first team once Hart has a breakdown, and then everything will finally be alright. Kind of. There's still snaked and lizards coming out of the taps and the pictures on the walls are talking to me, I swear the Van Gogh smoking skeleton offered me a toke.

:scarfer:
MD_HM
Has liked: 35 likes
Total likes: 343 likes

Post by MD_HM »

Arnautovic announced at 5:45 I reckon via the West Ham Snapchat
belgohammer

Post by belgohammer »

Jumby wrote:and then everything will finally be alright. Kind of.
Snodgrass though...
davids cross
Uncle David
Has liked: 674 likes
Total likes: 1318 likes

Post by davids cross »

Indeed,...

West Ham United‏Verified account @WestHamUtd 6m
Head to our Snapchat channel at 5.45pm for a special announcement ➡️ http://Snapchat.com/add/westham" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:wink:
Ding
Has liked: 144 likes
Total likes: 511 likes

Post by Ding »

@fishdo

I believe our net spend after Hernandez would only be between RM15-20 million after the sale of Randolph, Nordveit and (expected) Feghouli. There is money left. My guess is more than 30 million of it. And I reckon they are gonna spend it. The clusterfuck that was last year would have stung egos at the top echelons of the club.

That's the thing about this window. Credit would go to the player additions and purchases the club have made. But equal credit should go to how they have quickly unwound the rubbish they encumbered the club with last summer. They can be frustrating as we all know. But they ain't total idiots.
tjr008
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by tjr008 »

I can't believe the Randolph love that's coming out on here.

Nice bloke. Made some great saves.

Bad at catching, positioning, crosses & organisation.

Amazing to get £5m for him. Championship keeper at best.
Gormalysis
Has liked: 29 likes
Total likes: 50 likes

Post by Gormalysis »

davids cross wrote:Indeed,...

Head to our Snapchat channel at 5.45pm for a special announcement ➡️ http://Snapchat.com/add/westham" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:wink:
Added, nothing yet
belgohammer

Post by belgohammer »

Finally

http://www.whufc.com/news/articles/2017 ... arnautovic" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
HammerAl
Total likes: 397 likes

Post by HammerAl »

Juve closing in on Bernardeschi and have already Douglas Costa so doubt they'll want Keita as well. Perisic seems to be dragging so may end up not happening. We could be his only option but still don't think he'd want to come to us.
FrankieMacsPerm
Has liked: 44 likes
Total likes: 92 likes

Post by FrankieMacsPerm »

davids cross wrote:Indeed,...

Head to our Snapchat channel at 5.45pm for a special announcement ➡️ http://Snapchat.com/add/westham" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ooooooooooh! I wonder what it could be?

A new tea lady? :D
Status Kev
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 24 likes

Post by Status Kev »

Totally different approach to transfers this year. Some decent proven big signings as opposed to last years so called "scattergun" method.
I think the Europa qualification was partly to blame as I think we thought we'd need a bigger squad for all the extra games and that went tits up pretty early on. Some of the signings never really got a chance to play many games and bed in as it were so that, coupled with the lesser level of players we were signing, never really worked out.
This year we are signing more or less nailed on first teamers as opposed to squad players.
Very impressed with our business so far.
Another striker would still be nice in case of injuries but things are looking very good.so far.
Can't wait for the season now. :crest: