Summer Transfer Window 2017

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

bspur1

Re: Summer Transfer Window 2017

Post by bspur1 »

jastons wrote:
Signing a goalkeeper on loan isn't ambitious, especially when a lot on this board are not convinced he is better than Adrian.
A lot on this board wanted to revolve the team around Ravel Morrission, I wouldnt be using the collective judgment of the majority on this board as any guide for anything.
Wilko1304
Location: "Once you start complicating things the end result is less inflatables"
Has liked: 1514 likes
Total likes: 3174 likes

Post by Wilko1304 »

I'm sure I've already been told on here that Carvalho was done, with scarfed included, and that we should all trust that info cos someone on Reddit was floating it. Even got an explanation of what Reddit is. Enlightening.

Window has been average, enough to help us stand still. No thread of a plan with those signings, I must say; you don't look at them and see a set of tactics emerging.
Last edited by Wilko1304 on Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
claretcloggy

Post by claretcloggy »

since Spurs unsettled Ajax with signing Sanchez we might as well plunge in and sign Armin Younes..their german international winger..could be a great replacement for Feghouli
The Rebirth
It's all about the confidence

Post by The Rebirth »

claretcloggy wrote:since Spurs unsettled Ajax with signing Sanchez we might as well plunge in and sign Armin Younes..their german international winger..could be a great replacement for Feghouli
Ajax were building a great young side, now have had all there best players snapped up! do they really have more youngsters in the bank to bring through? because if not they're going to lose out to the mighty Feyenoord again.
claretcloggy

Post by claretcloggy »

The Rebirth wrote:
Ajax were building a great young side, now have had all there best players snapped up! do they really have more youngsters in the bank to bring through? because if not they're going to lose out to the mighty Feyenoord again.
sorry to my scandinavian friends but i'm going to claimt this as dutch syndrome; building up a good side and then having to sell all your best players..they have a bunch of good youngsters (such as donny v.d. beek being able to replace Klaassen) but you can't replace every outgoing transfer..at some point they're going to have to say enough is enough..but i wouldn't mind if we snapped Youness up..because it is
WHU
Navyhammer

Post by Navyhammer »

One Peter Butler wrote:I am old and know very little.

Who is the bloke doing the crossed hammers in that pic?

Kriss Akabusi 8-)
Northammer
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by Northammer »

claretcloggy wrote:
sorry to my scandinavian friends but i'm going to claimt this as dutch syndrome; building up a good side and then having to sell all your best players..they have a bunch of good youngsters (such as donny v.d. beek being able to replace Klaassen) but you can't replace every outgoing transfer..at some point they're going to have to say enough is enough..but i wouldn't mind if we snapped Youness up..because it is
WHU
Dolberg and de Ligt have looked promising the few times I've seen Ajax in recent times.
wasserburg_hammer
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 40 likes

Post by wasserburg_hammer »

Navyhammer wrote:Kriss Akabusi
Is the correct answer ! :scarfer: !

Hope that pace question is settled now.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 256 likes
Total likes: 1158 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Bury Me @ The Boleyn wrote:French paper claiming PSG is in for Carvalho.

https://le10sport.com/football/mercato/ ... ifi-328092" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

That's fake news folks
Yea Why Not
Location: Chips & Gravy you say? Well you can shove that up your ass

Post by Yea Why Not »

jastons wrote:
Signing a goalkeeper on loan isn't ambitious, especially when a lot on this board are not convinced he is better than Adrian.
bspur1 wrote: A lot on this board wanted to revolve the team around Ravel Morrission, I wouldnt be using the collective judgment of the majority on this board as any guide for anything.
:lol: Ruined
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2486 likes
Total likes: 4389 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

ICYMI:

Pete O'Rourke‏ @SportsPeteO

West Ham manager Slaven Bilic has hinted other clubs are pursuing midfield target William Carvalho. #WHUFC
Jedi Al Khalaas
Shut that door ...
Has liked: 131 likes
Total likes: 114 likes

Post by Jedi Al Khalaas »

This is West Ham ,its not going to happen is it and we have wasted 2 weeks on this
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 256 likes
Total likes: 1158 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Jedi Al Khalaas wrote:This is West Ham ,its not going to happen is it and we have wasted 2 weeks on this

....or we could put it to bed today if we stopped messing about and just met Sporting's asking price. We're talking about an extra £5.5m that would seal the deal
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2486 likes
Total likes: 4389 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

Puff Daddy wrote:...or we could put it to bed today if we stopped messing about and just met Sporting's asking price. We're talking about an extra £5.5m that would seal the deal
If PSG really do want him, it doesn't matter what we do.

PSG have just sold Matuidi and are about to offload Krychowiak so it's reasonable to imagine they want a player in Carvalho's position.
jastons
Has liked: 894 likes
Total likes: 851 likes

Post by jastons »

bspur1 wrote: A lot on this board wanted to revolve the team around Ravel Morrission, I wouldnt be using the collective judgment of the majority on this board as any guide for anything.
Yea Why Not wrote:
:lol: Ruined
Side of Ham

Post by Side of Ham »

It's not Kris Akabusi it's Alexander O'Neal.
hammerman11
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 750 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

not sure anyone other than those involved know what is happening with carvalho. still expect this to go through but maybe not until deadline day which would be a shame but we are talking only the newcastle game being missed if he does sign then due to international break.

debut at the first home game would be nice !
Georgee Paris
Location: The Amazing Adventures of Wicked Willy & Fearless Steve
Has liked: 495 likes
Total likes: 1041 likes

Post by Georgee Paris »

PSG are by far the most mankey of all the super rich mega clubs. Not sure if it's because they are French or in that league or have the owners they have but they are like the Everton of Europe if you get my drift.
Hugh Jargon
Has liked: 169 likes
Total likes: 478 likes

Post by Hugh Jargon »

We need to up the anti and withdraw from the negotiations with a final offer. Give them 24 hours and move into other targets if necessary. If another poster is right that to pay the release clause means all fees fully up front this deal is a non starter. We are looking for instalments based upon income. Chalks and his sauces are right. The so called "pot" is empty.
bubbles500

Post by bubbles500 »

De Ligt will be top draw,sadly probably follow Sanchez to Spurs,as Ajax now appear their feeder club.