Summer Transfer Window 2017

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

hoptony

Re: Summer Transfer Window 2017

Post by hoptony »

Look on the bright side people

Only 4 months to go till the January transfer window opens and we can go all this again!
tizzwoz

Post by tizzwoz »

Believer wrote: I'm actually really looking forward to Huddersfield as I suspect that G&S are finally going to get the reception they deserve and have done since they so,d our ground, our home, our history.

Loud and proud in front of the cameras. Bring it on !!

:crest:
This sort of comment is disgusting. You reckon your a fan do you? We're gonna need all the help we can get to get a decent result, gain confidence and move up the table, and all you can do is talk about is wanting to make a terrible atmosphere. By all means protest against the board, but do it by either not going to the game, or outside the stadium after the game. You stinking the stadium out with your attitude is gonna make things worse. Go support Chelsea if you want 80m spent every transfer window.
Cardiff here we come.....
Has liked: 108 likes
Total likes: 126 likes

Post by Cardiff here we come..... »

Phil S wrote:Slav is a dead man walking

I reckon he's out even if he wins the next 5

under the bus again

GSB out
I agree at times the Board have acted like idiots especially the 'one season wonder' comments regarding SB. Also these ultimatums & 'you must win next game or you have 4 matches left' isn't helpful. It feeds down to the players that they have no real belief in Bilic & the players think 'who gives a sh*t'. Do a Leicester, Chelsea etc... If the Manager is doing a crappy job over a long period then kick him out.

Saying all that above, I do feel Bilic would have been gone this summer at any other club. Also, they have improved the squad & ploughed in a lot of millions.

The squad quality improves year in, year out. Isn't that what we want?
OFT
Has liked: 3186 likes
Total likes: 1829 likes

Post by OFT »

Ravey Davey Sullivan on da mikrafone

I tried to make Slav sign some players
But he said, no, no, no
, I said we've been slack
In midfield and the back dont ya, know, know, know
I ain't spent a dime
But Slav thinks that's just fine
But if he doesn't win next weekend
He'll have to go, go, go
Hayden
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 65 likes

Post by Hayden »

ChzMff wrote:Well done in calling me darling though. Very good.
Aw thanks ChzMff, you just made my day.
Ifebbubbles

Post by Ifebbubbles »

Its about time we all stood up and showed our disapproval of these scum bags antic for a change. They aren't going to be bothered about us all winging on a forum.
wigwig

Post by wigwig »

Id say Bilic turned everything down apart from Carvalho. 'Options' is a load of bollox, as is bargain hunting at the end of the window. We identified the right target but wouldn't pay the money as usual. I still think we've got good players, but Obiang and Kouyate have to come into the team in midfield, and I expect a big up turn in form for whoever takes over from Slaven in the coming weeks.
goof

Post by goof »

Do you think this all stems from not being able to secure the TV money against overseas lending companies like vibro corp, didn't the premier league out law that this year.
Wilko1304
Location: "Once you start complicating things the end result is less inflatables"
Has liked: 1514 likes
Total likes: 3171 likes

Post by Wilko1304 »

We bought one good player. A freebie and a loan went alongside £20m we don't need when you look at the weaknesses of our squad.

But I suppose they've played in the premier league so they'll win us points by "experiencing" it into the net.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 756 likes
Total likes: 3478 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

Dwight1970 wrote:No manager would say that unless what he was being offered was of lesser quality than he has and looking at the players we are being linked with then Billic is probably right to say that.
Dwight nails it.
ChazHammer
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 1 like

Post by ChazHammer »

ChazHammer wrote: Unbelievable, getting the club bankrupt through out of control spending is appreciated as "giving it a go" - never mind that the club could then cease to exist... mind boggling :eh:
Aloysius wrote: The Icelandic spending wasn't out of control until the Banks collapsed. It was reckless but with an aim and that was to take us up to the next level, something these 2 jokers will never achieve.

And the club would have gone into Administration and wouldn't have ceased to exist. Yes we would have had a points deduction and been relegated but if that meant staying at the Boleyn then it doesn't sound that bad to me now
Yeah, fair enough, would have been administration, you're right but still reckless spending. Personally, I would rather that crazy money wasn't gambled on success, if it out our club at risk though. We all have our levels of risk adversity and I'm pretty cautious, others are reckless but I'd rather it wasn't with my club
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 756 likes
Total likes: 3478 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

Ifebbubbles wrote:What sort of big girls blouse is Bilic if he ain't got the minerals to speak out against the owners if they are shifting our lack of transfer activity blame onto him?
Assuming you're in gainful employment, do you make a habit of mouthing off about those who pay your rent?

No, of course you don't. Like the vast majority of those working for someone else.
Macca1973
Has liked: 1832 likes
Total likes: 1145 likes

Post by Macca1973 »

tizzwoz is not nearly as funny as tizwaz was.
ChazHammer
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 1 like

Post by ChazHammer »

Ifebbubbles wrote:Its about time we all stood up and showed our disapproval of these scum bags antic for a change. They aren't going to be bothered about us all winging on a forum.
Please someone open a thread for all this militant action, if you want to genuinely do something
Fishdo
Has liked: 105 likes
Total likes: 33 likes

Post by Fishdo »

Macca1973 wrote:tizzwoz is not nearly as funny as tizwaz was.
Dave Jnr or Jack?

;)

You were bang on Yorks I was never good with time!!!
Last edited by Fishdo on Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AJ
Location: Dreaming dreams, scheming schemes, building castles high

Post by AJ »

Stinks of making Bilic resign from his role, classless.

If we have no money then where has it gone...........

Today just linked with loan players, says it all.

Wont even sell Sakho when there is cash on the table, words fail me.
tizzwoz

Post by tizzwoz »

Up the Junction wrote:
No, of course you don't. Like the vast majority of those working for someone else.
gainful employment? the guys an EPL manager not a checkout girl at Sainsburys. (although he might be in a couple of weeks)

Managers leave their jobs all the time because they dont feel they are getting what they want... Or maybe he's just worried no other clubs will touch him after the shambles he has created at our club.
Westcountry
Has liked: 304 likes
Total likes: 87 likes

Post by Westcountry »

This sort of comment is disgusting. You reckon your a fan do you? We're gonna need all the help we can get to get a decent result, gain confidence and move up the table, and all you can do is talk about is wanting to make a terrible atmosphere. By all means protest against the board, but do it by either not going to the game, or outside the stadium after the game. You stinking the stadium out with your attitude is gonna make things worse. Go support Chelsea if you want 80m spent every transfer window.[/quote]

Well said, exactly my thoughts
Ifebbubbles

Post by Ifebbubbles »

Up the Junction wrote:
My bosses dont hang me out to dry every few months and make my job an absolute nightmare. Bilic supporters will always try to blame the board for his failings but he really doesn't need any help in that department.
Ifebbubbles

Post by Ifebbubbles »

ChazHammer wrote:
Please someone open a thread for all this militant action, if you want to genuinely do something
Sadly a few hundred fans won't make much of a stand. Most fans that would have made a stand probably haven't renewed this season anyway.