Summer Transfer Window 2017

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Ifebbubbles

Re: Summer Transfer Window 2017 Targets

Post by Ifebbubbles »

Haha...that actually made me laugh out loud!

Embarrass us? He just spent £12m on Leicester's THIRD choice left-back, £14m on van Aanholt and tried to give Liverpool a profit on a defender that they paid £18m for and can't get a game with them...

So much b*llocks spouted on here about 'BIG' money signings...

The best players we've signed in the last few years...

Payet £10.25m
Antonio £7m
Lanzini £9m
Cresswell £4m
Ogbonna £10m
Obiang £5.5m
Kouyate £5.5m
Sakho £4m

Further back Reid was only £4m an Adrian was on a free

Now compare that with Ayew (£20m), Jarvis (£12m) and an always injured Carroll (£15m).

There is very little value in a January transfer window and to be honest we're more likely in terms of incomings to have found it over anyone else. Snodgrass provides, scores and works...at least one of our full-backs with have cover now...for £7m it's the best bit of business in the window. Fonte for £8m holds up as well...you can't buy every player for the future.

Summer priority has to include a keeper (has anyone ever seen Randolph shout at his defenders?!), the right-back issue needs sorting (we'll never get Trippier from Tottenham) and a goalscorer. Wouldn't mind us signing the most horrible brute going to put some aggression into our CM as well.[/quote]

Ayew 20 million. That's the real gut buster. Thankfully it won't ever get to that ludicrous price. The geezer is turd. Which one of these players we have bought since leaving upton park could we not have signed had we stayed? We could have signed them all is the correct answer. The same will happen in January. We are going ****ing backwards. Then to add insult to injury you've got Gold popping up on twitter telling the fans it's no shame getting hanmered by city at home. Maybe just maybe not if we hadn't been hammered another half a dozen times by other less capable teams. Oh and if that wasn't enough Gold foolishly boasting about being the 4th highest spenders in the league with our 7 million pound profit.
These buffoons must go and it needs to happen NOW
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

They need to get off social media and conduct business in private but they love the feel good factor they get with being premier league chairman and cant resist.

Even slav at his press conference tells the opposition our fullback is struggling with his hamstring. Why ?

Just say all are good. If Byram gets slaugheted then say he was struggling but not before.

They will spend some in the summer but not a lot
Ifebbubbles

Post by Ifebbubbles »

hammerman11 wrote:They need to get off social media and conduct business in private but they love the feel good factor they get with being premier league chairman and cant resist.

Even slav at his press conference tells the opposition our fullback is struggling with his hamstring. Why ?

Just say all are good. If Byram gets slaugheted then say he was struggling but not before.

Unless we sell anyone probably about 7 million
Mega Ron
Has liked: 170 likes
Total likes: 175 likes

Post by Mega Ron »

Look at our best few players.

One of them will be sold with most if the cash spent on transfers.

I think they were deciding between Payet and Antonio the last window and thought Payet would be easiest.
chigwells finest
Location: crying with family/crying with strangers & just crying tbh
Has liked: 393 likes
Total likes: 158 likes

Post by chigwells finest »

i'm more worried about keeping the good ones we've got
Yea Why Not
Location: Chips & Gravy you say? Well you can shove that up your ass

Post by Yea Why Not »

warp wrote:i'd rather keep adrian than spend 15 million on an average keeper.
Come on, Hart is well above average. All this talk of next level blah blah blah, this would undoubtably be a next level signing. The bloke has won 2 Premier leagues, is our countries No.1 and is in the prime of his career. Massive leader too

Would almost definitely be more than £15m though
Yea Why Not
Location: Chips & Gravy you say? Well you can shove that up your ass

Post by Yea Why Not »

Mega Ron wrote:Look at our best few players.

One of them will be sold with most if the cash spent on transfers.

I think they were deciding between Payet and Antonio the last window and thought Payet would be easiest.
People can say a lot about the owners but to suggest they intend to sell our best players is pathetic. They never have
MooresTheHero
Has liked: 1200 likes
Total likes: 47 likes

Post by MooresTheHero »

I do think that Cresswell will move on though. He seems to have lost his focus.

I would go for Robertson at Hull, and take Maguire at the same time.

Will Hughes is a good shout, then (maybe) Welbeck up front.

But then again, I am dreaming!
jaybs
Has liked: 21 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by jaybs »

hammerman11 wrote:They need to get off social media and conduct business in private but they love the feel good factor they get with being premier league chairman and cant resist.

At Last! someone who seems to agree with me, the two owners plus sons, must STOP running the club on Twitter and the media, the press reports every day the errors Mr Gold makes and the arguments he has, that is not how a Club Chairman should be, and no way should children of a Chairman be releasing First what the Media Department should do direct with the press, yes it was nice at first how personal they were, but now is not only making themselves look a Joke! but the Club more important as well.
chappo59
Location: In a land far far away where away defeats are frowned upon
Has liked: 359 likes
Total likes: 210 likes

Post by chappo59 »

Jaybs I think the vast majority have always agreed.
pablo jaye
Has liked: 2563 likes
Total likes: 926 likes

Post by pablo jaye »

pablo jaye wrote:I'd like our current squad to be given time to blend as a team. Maybe two or three changes max including Frzal Mycaticz, Delion Snedlord and Alphonso Ramen on a free.
Monkeybubbles wrote:I dunno, Snedlord has really gone off the boil since the gender reassignment.
He could still do a job for us though.
jacko
Has liked: 60 likes
Total likes: 149 likes

Post by jacko »

What an awful thread? Are you guys sado masachists or something. The modern disease with football is that people are less and less interested in what's happening on the pitch and more interested in players we might or might not buy. After the dissapointment of January you'd think people might have learnt.
Mega Ron
Has liked: 170 likes
Total likes: 175 likes

Post by Mega Ron »

Call it what you like YAWN old boy but I think they find it hard to turn down large sums of money. Even when they're not really that large.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Payet's sale was planned and played out like the Bellamy sale.
Ifebbubbles

Post by Ifebbubbles »

jacko wrote:What an awful thread? Are you guys sado masachists or something. The modern disease with football is that people are less and less interested in what's happening on the pitch and more interested in players we might or might not buy. After the dissapointment of January you'd think people might have learnt.
Yeah let's concentrate more on what's happening on the pitch such as conceding 4 goals once every 3-4 games
LeonRivers
Has liked: 1032 likes
Total likes: 394 likes

Post by LeonRivers »

Ifebbubbles wrote:Ain't got a clue which load of old tosh we will buy in the summer. I bet Big Sam outspends us once again. I bet if you told him 3 years ago he'd be managing palace and embarrasing us in multiple transfer windows (as he will have done by the end of the next one) he would have belted out one of his chico flores laughs.
Yeah, Big Sam is really showing us.
Ifebbubbles

Post by Ifebbubbles »

Outspending us is what I said. And yes he is
RayleighIrons
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 33 likes

Post by RayleighIrons »

Ifebbubbles wrote:Outspending us is what I said. And yes he is

On a load of old sh.ite, I'd take Fonte and Snodgrass over any of his signings.
Ifebbubbles

Post by Ifebbubbles »

On a load of old sh.ite, I'd take Fonte and Snodgrass over any of his signings.[/quote]

For sure. I was bigging up the snodgrass signing from day 1.

That wasnt my point though
RayleighIrons
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 33 likes

Post by RayleighIrons »

So you'd rather us going out just spending loads of money on any old rubbish? :arry:
Ifebbubbles

Post by Ifebbubbles »

RayleighIrons wrote:So you'd rather us going out just spending loads of money on any old rubbish? :arry:

No, id rather our owners stumped up hard cash on players the manager wants/needs