Summer Transfer Window 2017

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

garage
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 1 like

Re: Summer Transfer Window 2017

Post by garage »

sw3hammer wrote:Where can I see the James cordon interview?
https://talksport.com/football/listen-j ... lic-doubts" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ben
Location: Overdue warning for being a twat on the rumours thread
Has liked: 23 likes
Total likes: 136 likes

Post by Ben »

That ten point promise/plan - wow
Full of lies and clever spin.
CNR surely you see that? It's in black and white straight from Sullivan's mouth
e-20
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by e-20 »

bobo wrote:Fair play to James Corden it was a breath of fresh air to hear someone in the public eye talk the truth about West Ham,owners & Bilic.

He has taken a little gamble to be fair as well, he in the past has done things for and with the club. Projects I'm sure he is very proud of due to being one of us (we'd all like to do something or work with the club we love) and by being publicly honest with his views it may have an effect (knowing Sullys track record) to not be invited back to the club.

Got to admire him for putting his neck out.
I suspect with his standing in life now it would hurt the club more than him should they do that. They don't want him as an enemy with his exposure. One thing I will give some credit to this regime however is they don't tend to react in that way, they try to be user friendly whatever we think of their efforts thus their attempts at 'explanations' for their transfer efforts. These are the guys after all who immediately reinstated Ray Winstone remember when the idiot Brown stupidly banned him for opening his mouth on TV and only increased his appalling reputation with the fans.
Last edited by e-20 on Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
ashbanki
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 22 likes

Post by ashbanki »

There is no defense of Sullivan - Anyone that does is gullible a Sullivan acolyte or just an attention seeker,imo.
Bilic said, last weekend, that he was hoping for one more (Carvalho)Sullivan says his final offer was rejected two weeks ago! What simpleton actually believes that it was Carvalho for £30+ or nothing??
Sporting claim we made a derisory loan offer when they came back to us on thursday! Someone is lying and it aint Bilic or Sporting - its that poisonous dwarf who is fleshing out his retirement and family's inheritance with the fans money,imo.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6759 likes
Total likes: 2352 likes

Post by Colours never run »

the pink palermo wrote: Actually, I'll continue to post my opinions and you're free to do the same .

Be sure they are your opinions though .

Meaning?
steps
Has liked: 107 likes
Total likes: 255 likes

Post by steps »

bubbles1966 wrote:[They need the selling club's permission..
That's not the point I'm making.

We would have had the selling club's permission to set up a medical weeks ago if we'd of met the asking price.

How many times have we missed out on players due to not meeting club's valuations?
TheOrgazoid
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by TheOrgazoid »

Ben wrote:How easy is it to find the articles with sully comments after each window?
http://www.whufc.com/news/articles/2017 ... lot-better" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Here's what he wrote end of January.

First sentence sums it up nicely "You have been linked with players this window who have not joined the Club, so what's the story with that?'

Some things never change.
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2491 likes
Total likes: 4396 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

steps wrote:How many times have we missed out on players due to not meeting club's valuations?
The advertised price and the sale price a seller will accept aren't always the same thing. It's a very individual matter.

Go to a boot sale with £30 in your pocket, seller says something is worth £40m at 8am and won't budge - go back at midday and if it's still sitting there ask them again. Sometimes the price drops because the seller's attitude has changed.

It's basically the same thing.
e-20
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by e-20 »

ashbanki wrote:There is no defense of Sullivan - Anyone that does is gullible a Sullivan acolyte or just an attention seeker,imo.
Bilic said, last weekend, that he was hoping for one more (Carvalho)Sullivan says his final offer was rejected two weeks ago! What simpleton actually believes that it was Carvalho for £30+ or nothing??
Sporting claim we made a derisory loan offer when they came back to us on thursday! Someone is lying and it aint Bilic or Sporting - its that poisonous dwarf who is fleshing out his retirement and family's inheritance with the fans money,imo.
I do think it is more than coincidence that Sulli came out with the 'accepted our offer but too late' mumbo jumbo after the story broke about the last minute loan offer. I mean how do they expect to organise a medical for the loan yet it can't be done for the sale option?

Anyway reading what others have said in and around this subject the medical can be held at any time after an agreement has taken place.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 807 likes
Total likes: 3020 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

Colours never run wrote:Meaning?
You're not kidding anyone .
EvilC
Location: In the street as the cold wind blows, in the ghetto...
Has liked: 2659 likes
Total likes: 1197 likes

Post by EvilC »

Doc H Ball wrote:TBF they are doing their best to get a team together that 'befits' the stadium.
They've been as good as their word there...
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2491 likes
Total likes: 4396 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

ashbanki wrote:What simpleton actually believes that it was Carvalho for £30+ or nothing??
It will all become clear when Slaven does his Huddersfield press conference. Any journalist worth their salt will ask the question.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"

Dear Oh Dear oh dear. You actually believe I'm some sort of paid up member for the Board.

What's amusing to me is I've got to know a few decent people off here who know it's complete and utter b*llocks but by all means carry on believing it. I just wish I got to see the money that goes along with it! :lol:
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 807 likes
Total likes: 3020 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

Colours never run wrote: You actually believe I'm some sort of paid up member for the Board.
That's a hell of a skill you have there, knowing what I believe .

I've not mentioned any association between you and anyone else .
Colours never run

bubbles1966 wrote:
It will all become clear when Slaven does his Huddersfield press conference. Any journalist worth their salt will ask the question.

You'd hope so. Although I doubt some people would believe him even if he does reiterate what he said prior to the window closing.
hammer1975
Has liked: 980 likes
Total likes: 1159 likes

Post by hammer1975 »

bubbles1966 wrote:
https://talksport.com/football/listen-j ... lic-doubts" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

He does talk a lot of sense in it. It isn't a rant by any means. It's a fairly reasoned and moderate appreciation of the fact the club should be consistently finishing in that little area between 6th and 9th among other things. Look at the wages that are paid, prices charged, normal income received.
I think he's bang on.

Regarding timing of a medical - question 2 below is a little ambiguous, but seems to suggest you can do it after 11pm..?

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... fer-window" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sun seems to think you can do medical after:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... er-league/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Wouldn't surprise me that we are so badly organised as a club that we don't actually know if a medical has to happen before the deadline.

Although I still tend to believe that the €20m up front was the main issue
Colours never run

the pink palermo wrote:
That's a hell of a skill you have there, knowing what I believe .

I've not mentioned any association between you and anyone else .

Nope, you're right, I have no idea then what you're getting at. Too cryptic for me.
Ben
Location: Overdue warning for being a twat on the rumours thread
Has liked: 23 likes
Total likes: 136 likes

Post by Ben »

Why are you so defensive of them though?
You thought we were on the verge of something big and it ended up us with a tiny squad relying on injury prone players suddenly staying fit
steps
Has liked: 107 likes
Total likes: 255 likes

Post by steps »

bubbles1966 wrote:The advertised price and the sale price a seller will accept aren't always the same thing. It's a very individual matter.

Go to a boot sale with £30 in your pocket, seller says something is worth £40m at 8am and won't budge - go back at midday and if it's still sitting there ask them again. Sometimes the price drops because the seller's attitude has changed.

It's basically the same thing.
Yeah, haggling, I get that.

But in this day and age clubs set prices and buying clubs meet those prices to sign the player.

Serious clubs get the business done not consistently lowball / make paltry offers / try to get a bargain.
Colours never run

Ben wrote:Why are you so defensive of them though?
You thought we were on the verge of something big and it ended up us with a tiny squad relying on injury prone players suddenly staying fit

I'm not so defensive of them, as I have to keep reminding some people about the worst stadium migration in history and that I think they're both a pair of classless rentagob tits. But I just so happen to think they're not all that bad when it comes to the transfer market (certainly since relegation, not so much before it). I dont understand why that's such a big or bad thing, people think its far from it and not a good sauad, fine run with that opinion but f*** me I won't stop thinking different just because others don't like it/them.