Summer Transfer Window 2017

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

HoustonHammer24
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 123 likes

Re: Summer Transfer Window 2017

Post by HoustonHammer24 »

I bet the club are just waiting for the best time to announce Hart on social media when there will be no other traffic with other clubs' announcements. Probably midday Sunday so they can get as many hits as possible and be in the limelight for the full day. Seems like something our social media team would do.

Regarding Hart's form at Torino, I can only speak from my own experience. I was a goalkeeper from age 11-23, and there was one year where I played way below my level. I was moved up a level into a team of older players, and ousted the current number 1 who was very popular with the rest of the team. Although they were very professional about it, I could tell I was out of place and knew my every mistake would be scrutinized.

I'm not saying Hart's situation was identical, but it was a move that caught the eye and his every move was under the microscope. He was placed into a team he was unfamiliar with, and no doubt that would have severely dented his confidence. I think in a new team, with Zaba by his side, he will shine. Apologies for the rant!
Bury Me @ The Boleyn

Post by Bury Me @ The Boleyn »

So do we shift Randy or Adrian?

Heart tells me Randolph, head tells me Adrian.
Last edited by Bury Me @ The Boleyn on Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Believer
Has liked: 1421 likes
Total likes: 758 likes

Post by Believer »

Whu_Law23 wrote:
Because I'd say we barely have a chance getting Mahrez. Especially for less than £40m. Why come here when he could be Salah's replacement at Roma playing champions league football and challenging for the title?

Arnautovic seemingly wants to come here.
£40m ? Why bid £20m then ? Even Sullivan wouldn't take the piddle that much.

Have to agree though that it's probably better chasing someone who is affordable and wants to come here. I'm absolutely convinced that we are going for Arnautovic because the terms are more favourable.
lewis100985
Has liked: 209 likes
Total likes: 9 likes

Post by lewis100985 »

Believer wrote:
£40m ? Why bid £20m then ? Even Sullivan wouldn't take the piddle that much.

Have to agree though that it's probably better chasing someone who is affordable and wants to come here. I'm absolutely convinced that we are going for Arnautovic because the terms are more favourable.
I'm thinking this is the case too. Ayew mk2.
e17
Has liked: 284 likes
Total likes: 956 likes

Post by e17 »

Bury Me @ The Boleyn wrote:So do we shift Randy or Adrian?

Heart tells me Randolph, head tells me Adrian.
Eyes & goal difference tells me Randolph

You need to see a psychiatrist if your head is saying Adrian
Wilko1304
Location: "Once you start complicating things the end result is less inflatables"
Has liked: 1514 likes
Total likes: 3171 likes

Post by Wilko1304 »

Roma would get a lower price than us, and they'll go in lower than Arsenal - clubs prefer selling abroad.

Head and heart say Randy to go, the overwhelming sense of cynicism and realism suggests Adrian will be gone. Money better in many ways, added to the situation last year and the fact Adrian is too good to be a back up for us
Ludeksgloves
Has liked: 35 likes
Total likes: 478 likes

Post by Ludeksgloves »

People on this forum seriously need to have a word with themselves. A few pages back people were moaning that Hart is not worth the bother. Now they are crying avout that he has not been announced. Anyone who has ever worked with PR knows that releasing a story over a weekend is a bad idea. Monday morning. Mark my words.
Vienna
Has liked: 157 likes
Total likes: 291 likes

Post by Vienna »

I'm so devastated that Adrian is finished at West Ham, he saves us so many points, some of his saves over the last few years have been unbelievable, a true pleasure to watch him.
Hayden
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 65 likes

Post by Hayden »

HoustonHammer24 wrote:I could tell I was out of place and knew my every mistake would be scrutinized
It's true, I made a YouTube video of all your blunders.

On a more serious note - it's easy to watch a YouTube video of someone's blunders but he went to Torino, not high profile, when his manager had just destroyed his confidence. A move to a (dare I say it) well respected decent Premiership team should boost his confidence, along with Slav's arm round the shoulder approach and a desire to prove his ex-manager and the English fans wrong. Hart is a great goalkeeper and we would never have been anywhere near him but for these circumstances.
LeonRivers
Has liked: 1034 likes
Total likes: 394 likes

Post by LeonRivers »

My head tells me that someone with an eye on a place in the Spain squad will not be happy sitting on the bench for 38 matches in a World Cup year. My head tells me that our options are to either sell our most valuable 'keeper or sell the poorer 'keeper and then lose the other one after a transfer request shortly afterwards.

Sell Adrian or lose both, I reckon.
Bury Me @ The Boleyn

e17 wrote:Eyes & goal difference tells me Randolph

You need to see a psychiatrist if your head is saying Adrian
Think you're misunderstanding me. Absolutely I would rather keep Adrian. He's miles better than Randolph, who is not Premier League standard.

But I think Randy's wages are a lot cheaper than Adrian's and I think the board would rather shift the wages and give the #1 to Hart.
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2481 likes
Total likes: 4377 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

LeonRivers wrote:My head tells me that someone with an eye on a place in the Spain squad will not be happy sitting on the bench for 38 matches in a World Cup year. My head tells me that our options are to either sell our most valuable 'keeper or sell the poorer 'keeper and then lose the other one after a transfer request shortly afterwards.

It can probably wait until January.

If we go well in the League Cup, and we've reached the last 8 three times in our last six PL seasons, the reserve keeper will play a fair bit. FA Cup games in January - Man City league game in December.
Last edited by bubbles1966 on Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ludeksgloves

Post by Ludeksgloves »

Lets not forget that he has Chris Woods here to help him too.
Ben
Location: Overdue warning for being a twat on the rumours thread
Has liked: 22 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by Ben »

Ludeksgloves wrote:People on this forum seriously need to have a word with themselves. A few pages back people were moaning that Hart is not worth the bother. Now they are crying avout that he has not been announced.
Did the same posters really moan about him signing then cry about it not being announced? Really?
There are thousands of people on this forum you know..
Ludeksgloves

Post by Ludeksgloves »

Ben wrote: Did the same posters really moan about him signing then cry about it not being announced? Really?
There are thousands of people on this forum you know..
Yeah. There are thousands who read this forum. Far from thousands who post.
GaryP
Total likes: 71 likes

Post by GaryP »

Adrian is a good keeper but his biggest problem is he is a bottle job. When he has had a chance of being hurt he overreacts and goes to pieces (Ballotelli, Costa, Deeney). If was an opposition manager I would be getting my centre forward to give him a whack at the earliest opportunity.

I don't think Hart is much better than Adrian but it seems Adrian wants to head home. Good luck to him if he does. Just need to find a second keeper and Randolph can move elsewhere too.
Ludeksgloves

Post by Ludeksgloves »

Talking wages, I just read that Jack Rodwell is on 80k a week at Sunderland. Let that sink in. Jack Rodwell. 80k. No wonder thet are a shambles!
Roby
Has liked: 255 likes
Total likes: 263 likes

Post by Roby »

LeonRivers wrote:My head tells me that someone with an eye on a place in the Spain squad will not be happy sitting on the bench for 38 matches in a World Cup year. My head tells me that our options are to either sell our most valuable 'keeper or sell the poorer 'keeper and then lose the other one after a transfer request shortly afterwards.

Do what I said on here earlier today, let Adrian leave on loan for the season and just sell Randolph.
Bury Me @ The Boleyn

Roby wrote: Do what I said on here earlier today, let Adrian leave on loan for the season and just sell Randolph.
Then what, buy a young keeper? Don't think Trott is ready to back up Hart.
Ludeksgloves

Post by Ludeksgloves »

Roby wrote:
Do what I said on here earlier today, let Adrian leave on loan for the season and just sell Randolph.
...and go in to the season with one senior keeper? Madness.

Now Speagel (spelling) is gone, who is next in line?