Summer Transfer Window 2017

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Ozza
Has liked: 943 likes
Total likes: 2392 likes

Re: Summer Transfer Window 2017 Targets

Post by Ozza »

Despite the fact the bloke is on £200k per week and wants more, despite the fact he's one of the best strikers in Europe if not the world, despite him wanting to win things, why the f*** would he come here!!!

Absolutely ridiculous!!
S-H
Has liked: 5738 likes
Total likes: 9655 likes

Post by S-H »

Costa wouldn't tolerate being a make shift RB, I can tell you that for nothing.
fjthegrey
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 1168 likes

Post by fjthegrey »

AC Milan will buy him.
Ben
Location: Overdue warning for being a twat on the rumours thread
Has liked: 23 likes
Total likes: 136 likes

Post by Ben »

Ozza wrote:I swear some of you lot are on serious class A drugs - Costa :lol:
innit, the main striker from the league winners!

far more likely to be signing mid table back up strikers or lower down strikers such as Negredo or Llorente
bubbles500

Post by bubbles500 »

Harsh... Byram showed a bit of promise towards the end of the season and will no doubt learn a truck load from Zabaleta.

Walker is already making noises about moving on so Trippier will no doubt take over from him soon and the young lad will be his back up. I would assume they would prefer to sell Walker for decent money thanwould sell Trippier.[/quote]

Spurs put £60m price tag on walker now .cant see city paying that .be interesting to see what happens there .they defo can't keep 3 RB .
rare as rockinghorse shat
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 78 likes

Post by rare as rockinghorse shat »

Ben wrote:far more likely to be signing mid table back up strikers or lower down strikers such as Negredo or Llorente
Only the 4th time you've said that.

We'll sign a midtable striker only like Negredo and Llorente. Look I'm Ben. kumb ben idiot.
Last edited by rare as rockinghorse shat on Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
psychoscoredthelot
Has liked: 82 likes
Total likes: 201 likes

Post by psychoscoredthelot »

bubbles500 wrote:Harsh... Byram showed a bit of promise towards the end of the season and will no doubt learn a truck load from Zabaleta.

Walker is already making noises about moving on so Trippier will no doubt take over from him soon and the young lad will be his back up. I would assume they would prefer to sell Walker for decent money thanwould sell Trippier.
Spurs put £60m price tag on walker now .cant see city pa

ying that .be interesting to see what happens there .they defo can't keep 3 RB .[/quote]

why not................... they already have them dont they ?

Ben, remember that bit on the West Ham forum when I mugged you off?
YorksHammer
Has liked: 383 likes
Total likes: 1415 likes

Post by YorksHammer »

Ted Fenton wrote:What are those issues?
I would assume that it's to do with not having enough international appearances over the past two years (as he's only young) and as such we need to pay a cost to get him into a certain points bracket.

Nigeria are currently 38th in the world, so to qualify for a permit outright he'd need to have played 75% or more of their games over the last year (being under 21) which he's definitely not done - only one cap to date.

With that in mind, it comes down to him meeting the points criteria for a work permit (four points or more) and being passed off as a hot prospect for the future as well which will play into his being granted one a bit. Because he's not in a 'top league' and Eupen haven't been in Europe, he already misses out on two points - he therefore needs to hit four points out of the following:

3 points - value of transfer is in the top 25% of all Premier League transfers in the previous two windows
2 points - value of transfer is between the top 25% and 50% of all PL transfer in the previous two windows
3 points - wages paid to the player are in the top 25% of the top 30 earners at the club
2 points - wages paid to the player are between the top 25% and 50% of the top 30 earners at the club.

I'd imagine his wages would at least meet the 2 points boundary, so presume (if, indeed, the work permit point on transfer fee was correct) the £7.85m fee is needed to meet the 2 points (or maybe 3 points, but unlikely that it's in the top 25% of all fees over the last couple of windows) criteria there and give a total of four points.

I must admit that I'm largely guessing in the above, but it kind of all lines up in terms of this quote from the HITC article (which could well be BS, I guess):
West Ham are said to be one of seven Premier League clubs, including Arsenal and Swansea City, in talks to sign Onyekuru, who has lit up Belgium's top flight with 22 goals and nine assists in what is his first ever season at that level.

And it is claimed that the player will fly to England on Monday for discussions with interested parties.

Earlier this week, the Mirror reported that Arsenal had agreed a £6.8 million deal with Eupen, only to be told they would need to increase their offer to £7.85 million in order to comply with work permit regulations.
There is actually an exemption from the points system for anybody signed for £10m+.

Fast, semi-skillful player with limited composure, a questionable end product and a name plucked out of a scrabble bag?

Sure, has everything required to be a consistent performer for West Ham.
Ozza
Has liked: 943 likes
Total likes: 2392 likes

Post by Ozza »

rare as rockinghorse shat wrote:Fast, semi-skillful player with limited composure, a questionable end product and a name plucked out of a scrabble bag?

They've got it get it right at some point law of averages says so
Patito

Post by Patito »

24 goals and 9 assists from the wing. I'd say that suggests a decent end product. Must have half decent composure to score that many too. You're right though he's fast.
YorksHammer
Has liked: 383 likes
Total likes: 1415 likes

Post by YorksHammer »

rare as rockinghorse shat wrote:Fast, semi-skillful player with limited composure, a questionable end product and a name plucked out of a scrabble bag?

Antonio could easily have fit into that description when we signed him.

Patito wrote:24 goals and 9 assists from the wing. I'd say that suggests a decent end product. Must have half decent composure to score that many too. You're right though he's fast.
I've seen him play a number of times to know that those figures paint him in a more favourable light.
DDHammer

Post by DDHammer »

We wouldn't even need to bother with Onyekuru if we'd just stuck a buy back clause in Matt Jarvis' contract. Short sighted.
hammerman11
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 745 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

if arsenal dont want him he should be ours. we should be more of a draw than swansea.

perhaps we can entice swansea with snodgrass and valencia plus 10m for sigurdsson ?

3 in a week in would be great
claretandblue82
Has liked: 23 likes
Total likes: 32 likes

Post by claretandblue82 »

Well I for one am looking forward to Crouch & Costa upfront to us next season! Get it done Dave!
DDHammer

Post by DDHammer »

The worlds first double player + cash deal player exchange.
Jumby
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 36 likes

Post by Jumby »

DDHammer wrote:-----Leadbitter---Cattermole
Sidwell--Snodgrass-Albrighton
-------------Crouch------------

Quite like the look of that.
If we ever lined up with that as our front six I'd cry :lol:
Patito

Post by Patito »

rare as rockinghorse shat wrote: I've seen him play a number of times to know that those figures paint him in a more favourable light.

Better get on the blower to Slav and the scouting team then mate.