Transfer Window: January 2018

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

HammerMan2004
Has liked: 525 likes
Total likes: 1319 likes

Re: January transfer window

Post by HammerMan2004 »

Moyes has done a column in the Evening Standard. The most interesting to me is the very last paragraph.
We’re always assessing this squad but as I’ve only been here a month I’m looking for input from the club, as to who they’ve been looking at with the transfer window in mind.
Sounds like Sullivan will have the ideas this January.
Carlton'sGoal

Post by Carlton'sGoal »

Wilshere opened contract talks with Arsenal.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 258 likes
Total likes: 1161 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Identify which positions need strengthening and which need cover and buy accordingly. None of this he'll do because he's cheap, trying to fit square pegs into round holes and hoping a cheap loan, or purchase will eventually become a sought after world star. That doesn't happen anymore, if a player is going to become a top performer on the world stage, he is signed up by the major clubs academies before he even reaches puberty
Last edited by Puff Daddy on Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:46 am, edited 3 times in total.
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2689 likes
Total likes: 1788 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

More news about possible Ayew transfer , this time from Claret & Hugh .

http://www.claretandhugh.info/hammers-w ... g-signing/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Celtic and West Ham interested in Reading defender -

http://www.football.london/west-ham-uni ... c-14041015" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
goof

Post by goof »

So selling our record signing from only a season ago, that's probably the job lot apart from Byram. They really are the tightest most underwhelming owners if this is true, just as he is starting to show some form. He is a saleable asset & I bet Sakho stays, he doesn't really want to kick a ball for us. Yes I like everybody else is frustrated with Carroll, do you really think the owners will replace him with anyone decent.
mrbluesky

Post by mrbluesky »

fmgod wrote:Lol one good game and he is the second coming of Messi again, he hardly did anything amazing for Bouremouth last year, this is the whole probably with English football, one England player has one or two good games all of a sudden massively over hyped.
Have to agree with FM, when Wilshire is good he’s great... playing in a world class Arsenal team. But he was fit for a large part of last season at Bournemouth and didn’t really have much of an impact.

Given his injury record he represents a big risk for us unless he signs on a base salary with performance bonuses built in to indemnify us against signing the next Kieron Dyer.
ashbanki
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 22 likes

Post by ashbanki »

What does anyone expect - Sullivan's most prized possession is his "scattergun" - Maybe it's a good thing that Moyes is publicizing the fact, after all ,what's the point in bringing in "his players " when he's only there for a mere 16 weeks!!
the celestial insect

Post by the celestial insect »

Maybe he's referring mostly to Tony Henry who, after all, he's worked with before. Please let it be that rather than our DoF.
ludo22
Has liked: 16 likes
Total likes: 133 likes

Post by ludo22 »

Our upturn in form will give the shitdwarf an excuse to sell a couple of players and buy f*** all.The man is a **** and this window will be a mess.
hammer1975
Has liked: 989 likes
Total likes: 1164 likes

Post by hammer1975 »

Doneil Henry released:

http://www.whufc.com/news/articles/2017 ... ry-departs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Cockneyboy311
Has liked: 540 likes
Total likes: 424 likes

Post by Cockneyboy311 »

hammer1975 wrote:Doneil Henry released:

http://www.whufc.com/news/articles/2017 ... ry-departs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Did he even get anywhere near a match day squad?
hammer1975
Has liked: 989 likes
Total likes: 1164 likes

Post by hammer1975 »

Played against Astra, was on the bench a couple of times. Has had a torrid time with injuries sadly - although always felt he was a punt more than anything.
goa127
Has liked: 454 likes
Total likes: 291 likes

Post by goa127 »

Most of the players people have the hots for, Wilshere, Wallcot, jonjo Shelvey etc. all seem to be exactly what we don't need. Players with poor injury history, erratic form and high wages. While not suggesting we sign a crop of unknown 18 year olds from Albania, I think we need to be a little bit more imaginative with our signings. Whilst Sullivan is undoubtedly to blame for signing Hart Slav didn't exactly cover himself in glory (apart from the amazing Payet) with signings he personally persued. Tore probably creeps into the worst players ever to sign top 20, while Fergoulli showed on.ly flashes of resembling a professional footballer. Snodgrass is an interesting one, he works hard but doesn't have any pace but might be a very different proposition under Moyes. Lets face it even when he was playing well (not very often) he got hooked. I'm thinking particularly at home to everton where he really covered the pitch and passed well. Subbed after an hour to his obvious disgust!
chalks
Sliding down his pole
Has liked: 701 likes
Total likes: 1636 likes

Post by chalks »

Goa, Id be more than happy if part of our Jan business was recalling Snodgrass
Mega Ron
Has liked: 168 likes
Total likes: 171 likes

Post by Mega Ron »

Same. A hardworking and reliable player.

I think Moyes could connect with him.
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 525 likes
Total likes: 1319 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

chalks wrote:Goa, Id be more than happy if part of our Jan business was recalling Snodgrass
I thought Snodgrass was the guy who got fined more than anyone and kept turning up late?
leer34
Has liked: 30 likes
Total likes: 84 likes

Post by leer34 »

"if you don't run, you don't play"

I doubt we have to worry to much about a snodgrass return anytime soon.
chalks
Sliding down his pole
Has liked: 701 likes
Total likes: 1636 likes

Post by chalks »

HammerMan2004 wrote:
I thought Snodgrass was the guy who got fined more than anyone and kept turning up late?
No idea
mumbles87
Has liked: 55 likes
Total likes: 948 likes

Post by mumbles87 »

HammerMan2004 wrote:
however quite documented our players got away with it under the old manager

so if he tried the same with the angry scotsman I would expect him to be dealt with firmly
Harry Hound
Location: "If you don't know the game, then you're still part of it"
Has liked: 67 likes
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by Harry Hound »

Under Moyes I'm pretty sure Snodgrass would be a very different player just like Arnautovic. I was pretty happy with signing both Snodgrass and Arnautovic and was very impressed with them when they played against us, especially Snodgrass. Thing is I was also very happy when we signed Zaza as he looked like a very polished and clinical finisher when he scored against us for Juventus. :eh: