Summer Transfer Window 2018

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

ChzMff
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 60 likes

Re: Summer Transfer Window 2018- 81 days remaining

Post by ChzMff »

the pink palermo wrote:I think we consistently over value our bit part players in terms of net money received .
I’m not sure we do. £32 mill in the last 12 months for Sakho, Nortveidt, Fletcher, Randolph and Feghouli.
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2501 likes
Total likes: 4405 likes

Re: Summer Transfer Window 2018- 80 days remaining

Post by bubbles1966 »

They supposedly got £25m+ last year for Fletcher, Nordtveit, Randolph and Valencia.

Absolutely rank players are going for millions these days. Even the hint of potential costs millions
Wilko1304
Location: "Once you start complicating things the end result is less inflatables"
Has liked: 1519 likes
Total likes: 3183 likes

Post by Wilko1304 »

Arguably the only time I’ll have ITK info, but a friend of mine is friends with the guy who took over from Tony Henry at the top of recruitment temporarily after the scandal. Amongst what sounds like an extremely ridiculous and immature relationship between Moyes, his staff and Sullivan, Moyes was unhappy because Sullivan wanted/wants to sign Balotelli.

Pellegrini seems to be getting control of transfers, so you’d think that puts an end to it. Would love to see how quickly Arnie and Balotelli ended up punching each other.
Wilko1304
Location: "Once you start complicating things the end result is less inflatables"
Has liked: 1519 likes
Total likes: 3183 likes

Post by Wilko1304 »

I’ve asked him to find out whose idea Hugill was.
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2501 likes
Total likes: 4405 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

Hart, Zabaleta, Pellegrini.....

Balotelli - free
Toure - free
Nasri - free

Nastasic - one year left on his deal
Jovetic - probably gettable for less than the selling price of Hernandez and Hugill...

How's Micah Richards these days?
Benny the Ball
Has liked: 57 likes
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by Benny the Ball »

Chuffed for Lanzini making the Argie squad, hope he gets some good game time from the bench.

Big shock with Icardi missing out...we were linked a year or 2 ago, guaranteed goals in him and fits the intelligent footballer that MP likes.

BtB
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 258 likes
Total likes: 1161 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Benny the Ball wrote:Chuffed for Lanzini making the Argie squad, hope he gets some good game time from the bench.

Big shock with Icardi missing out...we were linked a year or 2 ago, guaranteed goals in him and fits the intelligent footballer that MP likes.

BtB
In a group containing Iceland, Nigeria and Croatia, I don't think he'll get that much to be honest.I think Argentina will be the the shock big fancied team to be eliminated at the group stage. Every World Cup there is always one
Aceface
Has liked: 377 likes
Total likes: 1472 likes

Post by Aceface »

Benny the Ball wrote: Big shock with Icardi missing out...we were linked a year or 2 ago, guaranteed goals in him and fits the intelligent footballer that MP likes.
They've had a lopsided talent pool for a long time though - ok-ish selections for the defence and midfield and then an absolutely nuts pool of strikers.
Albie Beck
Has liked: 629 likes
Total likes: 654 likes

Post by Albie Beck »

blimey... first 'ouston, now Chuck -

I'm in the time warp again. :D
Whu_Law23
Has liked: 36 likes
Total likes: 160 likes

Post by Whu_Law23 »

Wilko1304 wrote:Arguably the only time I’ll have ITK info, but a friend of mine is friends with the guy who took over from Tony Henry at the top of recruitment temporarily after the scandal. Amongst what sounds like an extremely ridiculous and immature relationship between Moyes, his staff and Sullivan, Moyes was unhappy because Sullivan wanted/wants to sign Balotelli.

Pellegrini seems to be getting control of transfers, so you’d think that puts an end to it. Would love to see how quickly Arnie and Balotelli ended up punching each other.
That being said, didn’t Balotelli win the league at City under Pellegrini? Could see Pellegrini actually bringing him in! (Seems to have grown up a bit at Nice for what it’s worth)
Last edited by Whu_Law23 on Mon May 21, 2018 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BostonHammer
Total likes: 3 likes

Re: Summer Transfer Window 2018- 81 days remaining

Post by BostonHammer »

badabing wrote:I don’t know how relevant a particular manager is in influencing signings, but it must play a part in a players choice.
Having worked extensively in Spain, and being South American, he may be able to find us some hidden gems, we could certainly do with more technical ability in the team, that ability to hold the ball and look for the pass rather than lump it.
Sullivan must be creaming himself. "I've just hired someone to find Wellington Paulista's that will come good!"
HoustonHammer24
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 125 likes

Post by HoustonHammer24 »

Wilko1304 wrote:Arguably the only time I’ll have ITK info, but a friend of mine is friends with the guy who took over from Tony Henry at the top of recruitment temporarily after the scandal. Amongst what sounds like an extremely ridiculous and immature relationship between Moyes, his staff and Sullivan, Moyes was unhappy because Sullivan wanted/wants to sign Balotelli.

To be fair, Pellegrini has talked positively about Balotelli in the past.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/footba ... gland.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Also, I believe Arnie and Balotelli are actually friends from their brief time together at Inter. A quote from Balotelli below shows that he respects Arnautovic a lot.

"He is one of the funniest and craziest people I have ever met - there will never be a boring moment when he is around. It is important to remember he is a very good player though. He has real strength and toughness about him - he will adapt very well to the English game."

I certainly wouldn't be against the signing of Balotelli, especially on a free. Would probably require us getting rid of Hugill and possibly Hernandez as well.
Albie Beck
Has liked: 629 likes
Total likes: 654 likes

Post by Albie Beck »

^^^
Yep - Saturday afternoons will be like being in One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest... :D
EastleighHammer16
Has liked: 234 likes
Total likes: 1676 likes

Post by EastleighHammer16 »

Also, Arnie picked a 5 a side team recently in a QnA and picked Balotelli as his Striker. Pretty sure they are good friends.
West Ham Matt
Karl Pilkington
Has liked: 160 likes
Total likes: 583 likes

Post by West Ham Matt »

Crazy Italians ? They never work out well here do they :)
Peaches
Has liked: 91 likes
Total likes: 821 likes

Post by Peaches »

A few players who may come in if we do get Eduardo Macia as DoF.
Ahmed Hegazy, Macia signed him for Fiorentina, and he is allegedly available for 2.5m after WBA’s relegation.
Islam Silmani: Macia signed him for Leicester and we have been linked in the past.
Kelechi Iheanacho: Macia signed him for Leicester, we have been linked in the past, and his best period was under Pellegrini.
Fabian Ruiz: Macia signed him for Real Betis and is the exact type of midfielder Pellegrini loves: a 22 year old version of Yaya Toure.
flysohigh
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by flysohigh »

Really happy if we secure MP but Toure no thanks unless its as a coach.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6757 likes
Total likes: 2352 likes

Post by Colours never run »

I've been back on the Balotelli Bus, once I saw he got his **** together again playing for Nice. On a Free, anither Maverick entertainer? ****ing too right I'm having a bit of that. Hed respect Pellegrini too enough so he doesn't go off the rails.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 258 likes
Total likes: 1161 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

flysohigh wrote:Really happy if we secure MP but Toure no thanks unless its as a coach.
Even at his age, he would be a much better fit in our midfield than Kouyate. At least he can control a moving ball and he wouldn't lose possession quite as easily
Turns to Stone
Has liked: 234 likes
Total likes: 1523 likes

Post by Turns to Stone »

————————-——Tom Heaton

——————Winston Reid—-Angelo Ogbonna
Pablo Zabaleta———————————-Aaron Cresswell

——————Pedro Obiang—-Leandor Dendoncker

Manuel Lanzini———-Yaya Toure———-Marko Arnautovic

—————————-Mario Balotelli

4 times a season, we would be incredible.

The rest of the time a shambles.